noises from doors

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
noises from doors

I've been getting some sqeaking type of noises from the front driver and passenger doors. The dealer said it's from where the window sits with the rubber molding. The car is only 6 months old and I'm shocked (being it's a acura) that's it's happening. The dealer I went to said there's nothing he can do to fix it. I think he doesn't want to deal with it, so I'm going to another dealer. Anyone had this problem with the noise?
Old 07-15-2007, 02:44 PM
06 TL 6spd. Navi/A-spec

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you hear it when driving? When you operate the windows? Is it a rattling sort of noise of just a squeeking noise as you described? Also ive noticed on my car is that when driving the front door pockets tent to make a rattling noise in both the front door panels, could this be what you are hearing?
Old 07-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Xx06SickspdTlxX
Do you hear it when driving? When you operate the windows? Is it a rattling sort of noise of just a squeeking noise as you described? Also ive noticed on my car is that when driving the front door pockets tent to make a rattling noise in both the front door panels, could this be what you are hearing?

No, I thought so at one point though. When I push the window in and out I get the noise I hear when driving. It's definitely a squeaky type of noise (like rubber). I think it's because the seal of the window and rubber isn't tight enough. But the cars BRAND NEW!!!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,106 Likes on 764 Posts
Try putting a little silicon lube on the weatherstripping where it meets the window glass to see if that quiets down any squeaking. Otherwise, there are threads in the 3G garage re: inserting foam strips inside the weatherstripping to eliminate the problem.
G/L!
Old 07-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Will Y.
Try putting a little silicon lube on the weatherstripping where it meets the window glass to see if that quiets down any squeaking. Otherwise, there are threads in the 3G garage re: inserting foam strips inside the weatherstripping to eliminate the problem.
G/L!

I've tried that. Didn't work. Have you experienced this problem? I'm really amazed that this problem is occuring so soon. Especially in a car made by honda
Old 07-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also have a squeaking sound coming from the upper frame of the front passenger's door. It comes & goes like most rattles/squeaks on the 3G TL. There are several threads about it. Acura better advance their quality control with the 4G.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Registered but harmless

Originally Posted by lowgrowl
Have you experienced this problem? I'm really amazed that this problem is occuring so soon.
I think I did-- a very infrequent and intermittent squeak from the driver's window rubbing against the top of the weatherstripping some months after getting the TL. Lowering the window an eighth-of-an-inch would get rid of the squeak when it occurred.

I bought some 303 Aerospace Protectant to wipe the dash, and just wiped a little on the door and window seals when I had the bottle out last year.
The squeak disappeared then and has not resurfaced.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Will Y.
I think I did-- a very infrequent and intermittent squeak from the driver's window rubbing against the top of the weatherstripping some months after getting the TL. Lowering the window an eighth-of-an-inch would get rid of the squeak when it occurred.

I bought some 303 Aerospace Protectant to wipe the dash, and just wiped a little on the door and window seals when I had the bottle out last year.
The squeak disappeared then and has not resurfaced.

Is that stuff like armoral that you use to recondition the dash? That got rid of the noise? Well hey, if works I'll give it a try. It's just weird. Who would ever think it would happen in a HONDA !!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Registered but harmless

Originally Posted by lowgrowl
Is that stuff like armoral that you use to recondition the dash? That got rid of the noise? Well hey, if works I'll give it a try. It's just weird. Who would ever think it would happen in a HONDA !!!!!!!!!!
No, not Armorall!
Avoid anything with alcohol in it. I used 303 Aerospace, which can be found in marine supply stores and some auto parts stores. Some people also use the Honda vinyl protectant (from dealer, cheaper than 303), Vinylex, etc.

If the 303/vinyl conditioner doesn't quiet the squeak, let the dealer try the silicon lube before the DIY foam insertion used by several posters with persistent cases.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:57 AM
6th Gear

I had that same problem with the window noises and it drove me crazy. I finally got a great service tech and he was able to fix it. It turned out to actually be noise from the mirrors traveling up the window channel. On my car (especially on the driver's side), you could wiggle the outside mirror and it creaked like crazy. He removed the panels on both of the front doors to get to the mirror screws. He removed both mirrors, put a strip of foam padding between the mirror and where it touches the outside of the car door (can't see it at all). Then he tightened the mirrors really well and double-checked them for noise before re-assembling the door panel. No more squeaking/rubbing noises since then for me.

Now if I could just figure out my steering wheel rattle, I'd be happy. I can reproduce the sound by hitting the right side of the steering wheel. They replaced the airbag and the ignition, but the noise is back. Any ideas?
Old 08-13-2007, 03:03 PM
'07 WDP TL-S

i have the same problem with my outside mirrors, they creak and skweek like crazy! it took me a long time to figure out where the creak was coming from, i thought it was from the a-pillar but finaly found out it was the mirror. wasn't quite sure how to fix without taking the mirrors off but i guess thats the only way to go.

i haven't experienced the steering wheel rattle, can't help you there.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:18 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Mirror and/or the window seals. In either case silicon lube as other have already said does the trick.

Also as other say is to try is to let the window down the smallest possible minuscule amount you can. This unloads the pressure/wind-up of the window mechanism and may get rid of the squeaking as well some road noise. In my car, with the windows fully closed the inner (lower) wiper seal separates a very small amount from the glass. Dropping the window a pinch makes it seal again and quiets everything down.

And .. Levi01:
The wheel rattle is actually pretty common. When I took it to the dealer just about every TL on the lot was doing it. Other on the board have mentioned it too. The dealer offered to tear it apart but said, given all the other cars did it, they might not actually be able to fix it. So after an hour if fiddling with the air bag assy in my garage I finally got rid of the rattle. It involved a lot of fiddling as I loosened and re-tightened the screws that hold it. Unless you are willing to disconnect the batter and follow the service manual SRS precautions then you should not attempt this.