New to Forum, taillight LED's are burned out =(

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 07:27 AM
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
New to Forum, taillight LED's are burned out =(

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum.
2004 TL Auto

I've done some searching but can't find a definitive answer. My rear left tail light led board is taking a crap. The top three (from left to right) leds on the tail light board are burned out. I now only have one led on top, but all five are working on the bottom.

My question to you guys is can I just replace the led's? If so, where can I get them?

Or do I have to replace the whole board? And again, if so where can I get one for cheap?

Also, does anyone have a write up for replacing the led's or board? I thought I saw that you have to remove the rear bumper to get the tail light assembly out !!!

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:15 AM
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Ok, so I've done some more searching and I found a video how to get the tail lights out so I'm ok there.

I also read in a couple posts that trying to replace the individual LEDs is a pain in the butt and its better to just replace the whole board.

So now that I know how to replace the board, who sells the boards for cheap?

I tried ebay but all I could find was just Tail lights, but not just the led board.

Where can I get one (preferably new) for cheap?

thanks !
Old 06-12-2012, 01:59 AM
TL-S

Received 413 Likes on 366 Posts
Originally Posted by thegipper
Ok, so I've done some more searching and I found a video how to get the tail lights out so I'm ok there.

I also read in a couple posts that trying to replace the individual LEDs is a pain in the butt and its better to just replace the whole board.

So now that I know how to replace the board, who sells the boards for cheap?

I tried ebay but all I could find was just Tail lights, but not just the led board.

Where can I get one (preferably new) for cheap?

thanks !

I bought mine used from ACKTL05 for a really good price.

AcuraOEMparts.com sells it for 117$ or so plus shipping/handling. Compared to your local dealer price of around 150+
Old 12-16-2012, 03:03 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I just noticed the left tail light on my '07 TL Type S is out but the brake light still comes on. Does it use different LEDs for the brake light portion? I'm hoping for a simple solution, not having to shell out hundreds for a repair.....would try to replace the LED board but not great with body work and I see you have to remove the bumper to get the light assembly out......

Any help would be appreciated.