Need some advice on my 08 Acura TL Base

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2023, 11:29 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some advice on my 08 Acura TL Base

I’ve searched on the forums in the past and read a few but there’s so many I haven’t been able to find the ones I’m looking for, for specific problems.

My Acura is 2008 base with 198k on it I bought over a year ago from a tow yard, but inside the car I found a couple of repair bills. The engine was rebuilt prior to me buying it. But here’s the situation I’m in at the moment:

I had a couple ripped vacuum and air intake lines I sorted all those out but I’m still facing a vacuum leak somewhere I believe, the car when accelerating I hear a loud whistle noise that disappears after about 2k rpms I replaced the air filter and the coupling from the air intake to the throttle body it was ripped in half and some of the surrounding tubing

The other big issue I’ve had that I haven’t seen on here is when I was driving to work one day it completely died, went from shifting fine and having power to suddenly dying down it was stuck at 25mph to 10mph and stuck not going past 2nd I was able to limp home and it’s been sitting ever since now

I replaced the spark plugs and ignition coils from recommendations from here ngk and I think denso ignition coils I can’t remember off the top of my head but they were recommended here

I have another car luckily but I want to fix my Acura I’ve given up to many cars to the junk yard that I really love from my 07 eclipse to my 90 Chevy truck so any advice and help here or links to other forums with the same question and answers that I’ve overlooked and missed would be really helpful thanks in advance I’ll also post some pics of my car to any other advice people can give me

Old 05-13-2023, 03:47 AM
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts
Scan it for codes.

You're post is not very clear. What is your issue exactly?
Old 05-13-2023, 12:05 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by El_Cheapo
Scan it for codes.

You're post is not very clear. What is your issue exactly?
Sorry about that I was hoping it was clear enough, the first issue I have I should address is when I’m driving it, it shifts roughly won’t go past 3rd gear sometimes only in automatic mode but in the dummy manual mode it shifts just fine. In automatic mode it loses all power and won’t go past 1k rpm and only goes about 15mph. I’ve taken it to a few different shops and they have scanned it and can’t find any codes stored in it.