Navi screen won't fully shut off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Navi screen won't fully shut off.

This morning I drove the car to pick up my work truck, first time it's been driven in a couple days. Everything was normal, I got out and locked it but luckily forgot my laptop. So I went back to the TL and this time noitced that the navi screen as on. Not exactly on but it was in black and white, I could kind of make out the "A" and some of the wording but it was squiggly. There were also horizontal lines. This was barely visible except for the parts in direct sunlight. I tried turning it back on and off with no success. It functions fine with the key on. Since I had to be at work, I threw the battery charger on it just in case so I won't come home to a dead battery. Hopefully it's off when I get home today.

Anyone ever experience this?
Old 08-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
This morning I drove the car to pick up my work truck, first time it's been driven in a couple days. Everything was normal, I got out and locked it but luckily forgot my laptop. So I went back to the TL and this time noitced that the navi screen as on. Not exactly on but it was in black and white, I could kind of make out the "A" and some of the wording but it was squiggly. There were also horizontal lines. This was barely visible except for the parts in direct sunlight. I tried turning it back on and off with no success. It functions fine with the key on. Since I had to be at work, I threw the battery charger on it just in case so I won't come home to a dead battery. Hopefully it's off when I get home today.

Anyone ever experience this?
never heard of this, but if you need either a nav screen or complete nav unit pm me
Old 08-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,843 Likes on 8,574 Posts
It's probably a residual hold. I wouldn't worry about it. In fact there is research on how to make more efficient LCD's by using the "no-power" hold image effect.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Majofo
It's probably a residual hold. I wouldn't worry about it. In fact there is research on how to make more efficient LCD's by using the "no-power" hold image effect.
I think you're right. I left it overnight with no charger and it started this morning the same as it always does. It may have been a combo of the sun shining on it just the right way and me looking in that direction as I was looking at a scratch in the screen. Thanks!

I'll get that info on the RP oil you requested soon.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,843 Likes on 8,574 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
I think you're right. I left it overnight with no charger and it started this morning the same as it always does. It may have been a combo of the sun shining on it just the right way and me looking in that direction as I was looking at a scratch in the screen. Thanks!

I'll get that info on the RP oil you requested soon.
No worries.. in fact, I started searching extensively on the BITOG.. it seems like they either love it or hate it.. moreso the latter.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Majofo
No worries.. in fact, I started searching extensively on the BITOG.. it seems like they either love it or hate it.. moreso the latter.
In the UOA section, you'll find a guy with a highly modded WS6 Trans am that pretty much explains what I've been saying. Not so much based on the wear metals but it leads to his teardowns with it.