My Tl Is Poop

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 03:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Tl Is Poop

i have had rattles since day one. My TL is the biggest piece of poop. I recognize this is the exception but mine is. 10k miles and this thing has rattled since day one. All over the place. My door even sags now. Dealership was up to something when they sold this to me. Hood was misaligned day one, navi was broken, dashboard mis aligned - the salesman had quit when I came to pick it up. The Manager handed the car over to me when I came to pick it up - a week later (for prob #1) he was gone too. I am really upset to be honest. My weather strips are even screwed up - the rubber crackles as I have drive it - If you push on the window you hear the crackling. Passenger side front window even was off the track momentarily once..... SO UPSET
Old 10-31-2005, 04:38 PM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How many miles were on it when you originally picked it up?
Old 10-31-2005, 06:16 PM
Intermediate

It was new

The car was new from the dealer- oddly enough they had the best price. Prob had like 150 miles on it...who knows....why?
Old 10-31-2005, 06:27 PM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

I asked because I was just curious if it could have been a "return" someone else had lemon-lawed.... then the dealer somehow re-sold to you. I'm assuming that's not the case if there were only 150 miles on it....

Does sound like the dealer was doing something shady.... But, I'd just bring it back and have them make all the repairs under warranty if it was that bad... If they say those issues are normal, take a bunch of pics and start a file with the BBB in your area. That may get the dealer to be more accomodating..
Old 11-01-2005, 08:51 AM
Intermediate

Spoke to the GM of the dealership

Spoke to the GM of the dealership - ultimately told him that while I recognize this is not the traditional Acura experience what I have experienced is unacceptable. He said he would have their service manager look into it - my question is what should I expect - I want more then just an apology and a shoulder rub -
Old 11-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by djbnyc
i have had rattles since day one. My TL is the biggest piece of poop. I recognize this is the exception but mine is. 10k miles and this thing has rattled since day one. All over the place. My door even sags now. Dealership was up to something when they sold this to me. Hood was misaligned day one, navi was broken, dashboard mis aligned - the salesman had quit when I came to pick it up. The Manager handed the car over to me when I came to pick it up - a week later (for prob #1) he was gone too. I am really upset to be honest. My weather strips are even screwed up - the rubber crackles as I have drive it - If you push on the window you hear the crackling. Passenger side front window even was off the track momentarily once..... SO UPSET
New from the dealer with 150 miles on it ..... I don't think so. Most of the new cars on the lot have less than 10 miles on it. It was probably a return or something as Scribsoft said. The vehicle is still under warranty and they should be obligated to make the repairs. If you saw those discrepencies you mentioned when you picked it up, why on earth did you not have them fix it before accepting it?
Old 11-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

For a comparison, mine had 36 miles on it when I picked it up.... and 29 of those were from my test drives... Guess no one else wanted a blk/blk 6MT at the time..
Old 11-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Banned

65% of TL parts are from canada and u.s. 20% are from Japan. i don't even know where rest of 15% came from 'cause there was no indication......probably some 3rd world country like mexico. acura dealer says major rattles occur on the channels and upper frame of window. i was told it's from the material that they used during the production; this issue was going on to customers for a long time, and they said there's nothing they can't do about it. go back to rattle fix forum...it's got plenty of information to prevent that.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:05 AM
Intermediate

well

Well I am going to double check original mileage. I could be wrong - I have seen brand new Benzs delivered like that - road tests etc. You are prob right though..let me check

I did not notice until I got home - rattles did not appear until it was of course on the road. I brought it back within the first week and never stopped. - They aligned the hood and the dash. It took at least 2-3 trips for some of the rattles. They had to remove my rear windshield for some of them - they put "padding tape" behind the rear side panels - why would they have to do that?

The window rattles sound like there is a brittle piece of rubber almost - it crackles. But you are right - its upper. I thought it was a brittle weather strip of the sorts....

I am going to make their lives difficult until something happens.

On a positive note you have to love the underside of the front bumper. The front left corner got push in (BIG 8" diameter dent) - no creases or paint chips. WOuld of been a big pull - apparently a city bump released it and it popped back out....

Maybe I can get some wheels at cost from the dealer - what should I go for?
Old 11-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by djbnyc
Well I am going to double check original mileage. I could be wrong - I have seen brand new Benzs delivered like that - road tests etc. You are prob right though..let me check
My new 06 came with 6 miles on the odometer, and I would be suspicious of 150 miles.

I can't help but think that with that mileage and the sale price that it had been used as a demo vehicle. It may have been test driven over some rough roads, and not treated very well. When I test drove one before buying, the rep took me through an area with road calming bumps (the 4' wide ones) and said do not slow for them. This is not something I would not do that with my personal vehicle on a regular basis.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:13 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
New from the dealer with 150 miles on it ..... I don't think so. Most of the new cars on the lot have less than 10 miles on it. It was probably a return or something as Scribsoft said. The vehicle is still under warranty and they should be obligated to make the repairs. If you saw those discrepencies you mentioned when you picked it up, why on earth did you not have them fix it before accepting it?
The car was probably swapped in from another dealership or taken on a few testdrives. Not likely a return.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:33 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by MattB
The car was probably swapped in from another dealership or taken on a few testdrives. Not likely a return.
Even if it was, that info should have been made available to the buyer/consumer prior to the sale. Personally, I would not have accepted the vehicle after finding those items. Would you?
Old 11-03-2005, 06:45 AM
Intermediate

yep

well...what can I say? I am not sure if it was a demo or what but it certainly was made on a Fri morn after a Thurs night out or a Fri afternoon at about 4:45. Lets see where it goes from here. One thing I can say is that NYC is NO GOOD for a car with low profiles. Its funny though - I had an X5 with 19s on it before never bent a single wheel. I am willing to bet 2-3 wheels on this TL are now warped. Hopefully at some point my woman and I will make it out to suburbia and I can hand it off to her. She loves it (had like a 92 Integra) and does not notice any of the problems. Then again - she did not pay for it. If I have an excuse to get another car I might just head back to the Germans. Sure, I am Jewish, but a solid ride is a solid ride.

DJB 2005
Old 11-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Safety Car

DJB, I hope your situation can be resolved. I think the dealer is just yankin' your chain. Keep us informed and hopefully the outcome will take a positive turn. Good Luck!