More mirror/seat control problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 04:00 PM
JJH
Drifting

Received 352 Likes on 254 Posts
More mirror/seat control problems

Whilst in the process of cleaning out the gunky grease of my mirror actuator and also replacing my browned/yellow glass with new glass, I found my way into removing the backing plate that the mirror snaps onto completely. Upon on putting everything back together, it appears that I have royally messed something up. No longer does my mirror go down in reverse, it goes in towards the car. It does this on both sides.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Likely unrelated to this issue, I cannot figure out how to set the memo for my mirrors/seat to my Remote 2. I've made sure that it is paired with the car via the MID and followed the directions in the owners manual to set the seat memory, but to no avail. The memo button does not light up after pushing it with the key in the "II" position like it is supposed to. How do I get the seat/mirror settings to stick in the remotes memory?

Old 02-12-2013, 08:51 AM
JJH
Drifting

Bump
Old 02-13-2013, 08:29 AM
Chapter Leader (Mid-Atlantic Region)

Received 269 Likes on 225 Posts
same thing exactly happened to me after i broke the mirror actuator. make sure all the connections are seated properly. If they are and you're memory buttons on the door still not lit up, than the actual mirror actuator is broken and needs to be replaced. They are like $35-45 if i can recall..
The following users liked this post:
JJH (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 08:31 AM
JJH
Drifting

Originally Posted by TWiSDiT
same thing exactly happened to me after i broke the mirror actuator. make sure all the connections are seated properly. If they are and you're memory buttons on the door still not lit up, than the actual mirror actuator is broken and needs to be replaced. They are like $35-45 if i can recall..
I'm thinking that the connections are not seated properly but it's damn near impossible to tell because of the rubber boots that those white pieces slide into. Two of the white plastic pieces have some sort of metal connectors on them that can be placed either way so I wasn't 100% sure how they went on. I guess that could be the problem.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by JJH
I'm thinking that the connections are not seated properly but it's damn near impossible to tell because of the rubber boots that those white pieces slide into. Two of the white plastic pieces have some sort of metal connectors on them that can be placed either way so I wasn't 100% sure how they went on. I guess that could be the problem.
I believe they only go in 1 way? check the pins and make sure none is bent and any sort in that nature. Check both mirror actuator's to verify. I broke my driver side actuator so I knew that was the culprit, all mirror functions worked but the mem lights on the door didnt. In your case its hard to tell which side is bad, might have to dish out and replace both to rule it all out
The following users liked this post:
JJH (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 09:11 AM
JJH
Drifting

Originally Posted by TWiSDiT
I believe they only go in 1 way? check the pins and make sure none is bent and any sort in that nature. Check both mirror actuator's to verify. I broke my driver side actuator so I knew that was the culprit, all mirror functions worked but the mem lights on the door didnt. In your case its hard to tell which side is bad, might have to dish out and replace both to rule it all out
Did you have difficulty sliding those white plastic pieces back into the rubber boots? That was the most difficult part and I actually had to cut a little piece of the rubber boot off. If I have to replace the actuator, I won't be happy after just replacing the glass on both sides for $70.

I haven't broken anything, so I really don't think that I should need to replace anything. So your memory lights on the inside of the door weren't working either? That is an odd cause-effect.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by JJH
Did you have difficulty sliding those white plastic pieces back into the rubber boots? That was the most difficult part and I actually had to cut a little piece of the rubber boot off. If I have to replace the actuator, I won't be happy after just replacing the glass on both sides for $70.

I haven't broken anything, so I really don't think that I should need to replace anything. So your memory lights on the inside of the door weren't working either? That is an odd cause-effect.
Nope, no difficulty sliding the white plastic pieces back. Everything went smooth. My guess is those sensors on the actuator probably got messed up so its not communicating correctly with the memory seat buttons/ecu.

Yeah, thats correct, my memory lights on the inside door were not working after. If i can remember, I think the dim feature on the rear view mirror was not working as well. After i replaced the broken actuator, all the lights came back on.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:04 AM
Banned

Received 176 Likes on 34 Posts
I'm having the exact same issues after replacing the grease in my side mirrors. I too removed the entire back piece with the white pegs. I think the electrical connections on the pegs got messed up when I was trying to put everything back together.

An actuator for a 2007 TL is like $30, while an actuator for a 2004 TL (mine) is almost $70! Why is this? And can a 2007 actuator be used on a 2004 TL?