Molding Above Pass. Seatbelt

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 04:38 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Molding Above Pass. Seatbelt

Okay I too kmy car in today for the 3rd time! The molding on the pass. side by the seatbelt (the part that meets with the top of the car) keeps popping out. Has anyone had the same prob? If so what did you do to fix it? They replaced the clips twice now they are going to try to replace the whole part!

Also the liner in my trunk fell off they had to replace that.

My brakes squeak so bad when I brake a little hard.

I have rattles EVERYWHERE they are working on. I think one of the main rattles is from the sliver part around the shifter thing.

And after all that I sitll love my Acura TL - this is my second one though I will say the 99 I had before was MUCH better - build to last! Seems Acura may be getting lazy or cheap If anyone has had any of these prob.s please let me know what you did to fix them. Thanks! Brooke
Old 01-30-2006, 04:41 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
All sounds typical to me. Many people the same.......at least you are not letting it kill your experience!
Old 01-30-2006, 04:49 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
note...just the rattles...the moulding issue seems unique. Not heard that one personally.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:20 PM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The plastic around the shifter is the worst I've ever seen. I have a rattle there too. My mom's baseline Altima has sturdier plastic than the TL. They definitely skimped there. I haven't taken it in for rattles yet, don't have too many. I just turn the music up and drown them out. I still love my TL too.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Instructor

plastic around shifter

Well I dropped it off. They are going to put something bbehind the plastic in hopes the rattle will stop - it drives me crazy I will let you know when I get it back if it helps or not and if it does I will let you know what they did. I don't like my radio loud so I must hear it all the time. I also have a rattle from my AC vent on the far driver's side; on where the radio is; one on the pass. seat; and one in the back. Rattle rattle rattle my mind awayyyyy..... GRRRRRRR

My dealer totally hates me - but dang if that made them better I wouldn't be in so much. Also they should - I hope - get my brakes fixed will let yall know how that goes.

Thanks!
Brooke
Old 01-31-2006, 10:57 AM
Instructor

silver thing around shifter

Okay so I just talked to my dealer. They said they replaced the silver thing around the shift and put some insulation (double sided tape stuff) under it and they are not hearing anything. Will let you know when I get the car back. Also they heard the brakes! YAY SO they are working on those today as well. Will let yall know when i get it back. Thanks Brooke