Lotsa yellow idiot lights. Anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 07:27 PM
FvCK KNvCKLE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lotsa yellow idiot lights. Anyone else?

OK, Has anyone else had this happen? Currently all the yellow idiot lights on my dash are lit up. The Traction Control, the Anti-lock Brakes, and the VSA lights are all lit. And to coincide with this, none of these features are currently working. No traction control, No anti-lock, and I assume (although I'm not going to push it hard enough in a turn to test it) the VSA.

Now last year, during the winter, I had the same thing happen. But it happened intermittently. So if I tried to take it to the dealer I would hear "We could not reproduce the problem." Late in the winter months is started to occur to me that the colder the temperature outside, the more frequently I saw the problem. From this I assumed it might be a connector problem. When the pins got cold, they would contract, and I would loose the connection either at the connector or somewhere else in the harness. Come the spring and summer months, and subsequently warmer temperatures, I didn;t see the problem again. To the point where I forgot I ever had it.

These past couple of weeks, the temperature here has really dropped, and has been holding pretty steady below 30 degrees (mostly around 25 or so) and guess what? The lights have come back on, all three, and I've lost all three "safety features again." So I'm convinced that temperature has something to do with it.

So, I want to know if anyone else here has had this happen, and therefore serviced and fixed, so that I have a little more information for the dealer when I take it in.

Anyone have their Traction Control, VSA, and Anti-Lock idiot lights come on?
Old 12-15-2005, 10:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What about the battery?
On some cars, if the battery voltage gets low during cranking, it can scramble the ecu's.

I would think some fault codes would be stored, even if the fault is not active...

Brett
Old 12-15-2005, 11:10 PM
18,000mi. 29000km

Those features not working with lights are probably normal.

In my last car (2000 mustang), ABS light came on a cold morning (-10F I think) after about 5 minutes from leaving home. I had no ABS as car turned off ABS as it thought there was sort of problem with it.

Now, I suspect your problem is either 1) cold weather 2) one of same sympthom experienced by people who washed their bottom of car with spray nozzle
Old 12-16-2005, 09:09 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All the alarms are tied into the same systems, they all use the wheel sensors and other sensors to control things, and it may all be done in the same ECU.
Loose a wheel sensor or any other sensor or connection, and you get the faults.
I would think a fault code would be stored, like a wheel sensor, low battery buss voltage, etc.

I think your dealer is blowing you off....

Brett
Old 12-16-2005, 04:03 PM
Cruisin'

See my previous post.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127702
Old 12-16-2005, 04:17 PM
Cruisin'

And

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83009
Old 12-16-2005, 05:54 PM
FvCK KNvCKLE

Thanks for the info SatoRules. I searched and searched and couldn't find these threads. I'm convinced that it has something to do with the temperature. Like I said it happened randomly last winter, (though I never had the unintended braking you had) and was fine from the spring until a week ago when it got really cold again. I see your issue was in December, but tha other guys was in June. Anyway, it's off to the dealer because my lights have yet to go off. No mater how many times I stop and restart.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:26 PM
Cruisin'

Ultimately my lights never went off. Remember the first excuse they came up with though...bad cell in the battery. In hindsight I think there's a bad batch of computers out there and voltage problems (like a bad cell in battery or cold battery) cause them to act up. Good luck
Old 12-18-2005, 08:52 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Rock Dog
OK, Has anyone else had this happen? Currently all the yellow idiot lights on my dash are lit up. The Traction Control, the Anti-lock Brakes, and the VSA lights are all lit. And to coincide with this, none of these features are currently working. No traction control, No anti-lock, and I assume (although I'm not going to push it hard enough in a turn to test it) the VSA.

Now last year, during the winter, I had the same thing happen. But it happened intermittently. So if I tried to take it to the dealer I would hear "We could not reproduce the problem." Late in the winter months is started to occur to me that the colder the temperature outside, the more frequently I saw the problem. From this I assumed it might be a connector problem. When the pins got cold, they would contract, and I would loose the connection either at the connector or somewhere else in the harness. Come the spring and summer months, and subsequently warmer temperatures, I didn;t see the problem again. To the point where I forgot I ever had it.

These past couple of weeks, the temperature here has really dropped, and has been holding pretty steady below 30 degrees (mostly around 25 or so) and guess what? The lights have come back on, all three, and I've lost all three "safety features again." So I'm convinced that temperature has something to do with it.

So, I want to know if anyone else here has had this happen, and therefore serviced and fixed, so that I have a little more information for the dealer when I take it in.

Anyone have their Traction Control, VSA, and Anti-Lock idiot lights come on?
Check the fuses as well...I had a similar issue a while back where my VSA lights were lit and stayed lit....on a whim, I decided to check the fuses the day before my appointment with the dealer and sure enough, the fuses for the VSA and brakes were blown. Replaced them and all has been good since then...
Old 02-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm having the same problem. All 3 lights are on. Checked the fuses already, and disconnected the battery for 20 mins.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:41 PM
5th Gear

Angry

I have the same situation. Purchased an 06 TL (6MT + Navi) on Friday night and left the dealer at 9pm. Drove home. Set up the radio, HFL, etc. in the garage untill 11pm. Saturday, finnally convinced my wife to goout for a drive. Within ten minutes VSA warning, VSA light, and ABS light.

I've had the car for 12 hours (slept most of them) and I had to go back to the dealer. I now have an MDX as a loaner. That's great. Buy a car and leave it a the dealer. They say it is a sensor, and they will bring the car back on Monday or Tuesday. I'm just a little upset to say the least. Kinda kills that "new car feeling", huh.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:47 PM
FvCK KNvCKLE

I haven't gotten mine fixed yet because the weather this winter has been insane. January had a lot of 40+ degree days. And Feb. has been no better (as far as holding a string of 4-5 cold days in a row. It’s been an extremely mild winter here.

I thought it was strictly temperature that did it. If the temp drop to say 25 degrees or below for a couple days the lights would come on, but we recently had 2 days where it was 20-28 degrees and they never came on. Now I think it's temperature and snow, and/or slush getting on the sensors. So I have to wait for a cold string of cold days with snow and slush to see if it happens again. It happened earlier this winter, and they stayed on for a few days, but as soon as it warmed up a bit, and dried up, the lights went out. They haven't been on since. And as you are all well aware, if I take it to the dealer now, they might see a DTC or two, but won't be able to "duplicate the problem", so it's a waste of time to take it in until it happens again.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:12 PM
18,000mi. 29000km

I am having nasty winter snowy driving condition for about a week now. Temperature is nearing zeros in night. I will be able tell u if mud + snow + temperature has something to do with it.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:50 AM
Racer

Well it was 60 degrees here yesterday, and it remains on. Hasn't gone off yet. I have an appointment with the dealer thursday morning.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Racer

Car is at the dealer now. Apparently something shifted in the hub/wheel bearing/ front spindle area, and caused the end of the left front wheel sensor to be broken off.