Liner in compartment?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 10:03 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liner in compartment?

Hello everyone,

I've had my '05 TL for about a year. One annoyance I have is the noise my sunglasses make in the compartment just below the audio controls (opens out - above the one with the power adapter). A rubber liner would easily solve the problem, but my TL didn't come with one - even though the lower compartment with power adapter has one. I questioned the service manager, and he said it wasn't left out by mistake - there isn't one. Is this true? Did your TL's come with rubber liners for both compartments?

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 12-19-2005, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I see you posted another thread like this so I deleted it.

There is no Acura made liner, but Home Depot or Lowes has a great selection of cushioning materials that you can cut to fit and put in the compartments. There is felt type material which comes in various colors, and also thin rubber or soft plastic. Get one with an adhesive backing, cut to fit, and install in the compartment and your problem should be solved.

Moving to 3G Problems & Fixes
Old 12-19-2005, 10:29 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by rthess
Hello everyone,

I've had my '05 TL for about a year. One annoyance I have is the noise my sunglasses make in the compartment just below the audio controls (opens out - above the one with the power adapter). A rubber liner would easily solve the problem, but my TL didn't come with one - even though the lower compartment with power adapter has one. I questioned the service manager, and he said it wasn't left out by mistake - there isn't one. Is this true? Did your TL's come with rubber liners for both compartments?

Thanks,
Ryan
That compartment does not come with a rubber liner.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:35 AM
4th Gear

Thanks! Is that PN beach in the picture?

Originally Posted by Ron A
Welcome to the forums.

I see you posted another thread like this so I deleted it.

There is no Acura made liner, but Home Depot or Lowes has a great selection of cushioning materials that you can cut to fit and put in the compartments. There is felt type material which comes in various colors, and also thin rubber or soft plastic. Get one with an adhesive backing, cut to fit, and install in the compartment and your problem should be solved.

Moving to 3G Problems & Fixes
Old 12-19-2005, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by rthess
Thanks! Is that PN beach in the picture?
I don't know where PN beach is, and also don't know where the picture was taken since it's one I found on the internet.