left side of car sits a little lower, need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts
Question left side of car sits a little lower, need help

i recently installed koni sp3 and eibach springs on my TL.

the left side of my car sits just a little bit lower both front and back. on the right rear gap i can fit 3 fingers in. on the left rear gap i can fit 2 with just a little wiggle room. i noticed this after i got an alignment at goodyear (which was a terrible experience)

another note is that before i had the alignment done my left front shock was set to a firmer setting about to turns and the rest was on all the way soft. but i don't think firmness affects height.

i will soon be installing both front and rear ways and getting another alignment with hopfully (being the noob dumbass that i am) will have all shocks set to a similar setting.

any comments, explainations, or suggestions would really help
Old 06-29-2010, 04:28 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Don't the sp3's have height adjustment? Sounds to me like they're not all on the same height setting?
i will soon be installing both front and rear ways and getting another alignment with hopfully (being the noob dumbass that i am) will have all shocks set to a similar setting.
Sounds like you just answered your own question.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:40 PM
SHAWD 04TL is in

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
I have had the same issue since I bought the car (3g TL 04). Most cars are off by a quarter inch or so.... not to noticeable unless you are REALLY looking for it.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:49 PM
Burning Brakes

of coarse they are all the same height i said im a noob and a dumbass not a mentally handicapped spastic retard
Old 06-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
Originally Posted by Fatfrii
of coarse they are all the same height i said im a noob and a dumbass not a mentally handicapped spastic retard
Calm down buddy! Since you sit all the time on the driver side, the shock gets a little bit more worn the the other ones. The best thing to do is just raise it a little bit, but as well be sure to check the collar where the bottom of the shock goes, it may have slipped or the shock may have broken if you hit a pothole a bit too hard.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by csmeance
Calm down buddy! Since you sit all the time on the driver side, the shock gets a little bit more worn the the other ones. The best thing to do is just raise it a little bit, but as well be sure to check the collar where the bottom of the shock goes, it may have slipped or the shock may have broken if you hit a pothole a bit too hard.
yeah but i just got the shocks so there is no way i could have wore it down. and no the shock is not broken that would be obvious. idk what to do im pissed
Old 07-01-2010, 04:29 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
So you're positive all shocks are on the exact same setting? The only thing I could think of it to be sure they're all on the same setting, then get it realigned Has your car ever been wrecked?
Old 07-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
Originally Posted by Fatfrii
yeah but i just got the shocks so there is no way i could have wore it down. and no the shock is not broken that would be obvious. idk what to do im pissed
its not a matter of breaking the shock, but it sliding slightly on the collar of the suspension. If you look up a few threads on acurazine, some people with koni's have had them move down if they hit a pothole too hard!
Old 07-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
without threaded collars on coilover shock setups to change the spring perch height and therefore the car height- you cant get the car dead level side to side

If you set the car by corner weight so the corners are matched (for autocross racing as example)- the car sits all funky- not level- but balanced

How often do you look at both sides of your car at the same time?
Thats the rule I followed doing pinstripes-- customer can only see one side at a time~
Old 07-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Burning Brakes

well first of all. YES i am sure they are on the sam setting if not it would be WAAAAY more noticible. i can tell for sure the hieghts are different because of finger gap difference. 2+ on rear left and 3 snug or rear right. i think i am going to check the colar that makes sense but i can not see how his is possible because there is a little slot by the pinch bolt where part of the shock fits right into it i cannot see how it would slide down
Old 07-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Burning Brakes

its starting to even out. i think it was just because of the way it settled in
Old 08-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bump.

I recently been looking at my car when its parked at my work place and almost its the same spot...but even at home i see this. my suspension is all stock. i have a 06 TL bought a year ago with 30k on the dot from one clean owner from dealer and car drove amazing...and still is with little over 40k. i just drove home on the highway at like 80 mph and everything felt fine except the fact that the stock TL feels like a boat driving that fast. Anyways i also notice that my car sags more on my driver side/left side rather than that of my passenger side. if you look at it then you can see a bigger gap on my right side than that of the left. not that big of a gap like the OP said with the aftermarket suspension, its like 3 finger gap on the right vs 2 finger gap on left. but when i sit in the car everything looks normal, im not feeling that im lower on my driver side. car runs very smooth. and havent really noticed it till maybe month or so. always just look at my car and notice it but not enough to bug me till now lol.

anyone wanna take a stab at this? really dont want any surprises while driving.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bump?