Issue with Dual Climate "Sides not blowing the same"

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Acura's All Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Issue with Dual Climate "Sides not blowing the same"

Own a 06 TL, recently I have been having issues with the dual climate control. Primarily it is just me in my car and I have never had issues, recently a friend rode with me and adjusted the air on thier side, everything was fine. The next morning on the way to work I cut the dual off and everything has been funky ever since, 72 is a very comfortable zone to me, but for some reason, my side of the car blows out hot air, while the passeneger side seems to truly be blowing out 72 degree air. I have read several posts but there seems to be no answer or solution. I ran the diagnostic test, holding down the off while pressing the circulation button, and everything came back fine, the 88's kept flashing on both sides "this somehow fixed the issue for a day or two". Has anyone experienced this with a fix? Its very annoying, especially when I need to use the defroster. Im about to spend $1,100 on this car next week for a timing belt replacement, serpentine tensioner replacement and rear wheel bearing replacement, so money is somewhat tight. Any help or suggestion is really appreciated, I asked the dealer about what it was doing and the tech told me it could be a # of things from freon to whatever else. Im just ready to have this bad boy back to new status without being completely broke.