Homelink

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Stock 07 TL NBP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Homelink

Don't know if this has been answered but ccouldn't find it. Anyways I am trying to hook up the homelink and it doesnt work. I unplug my garage door opener machine thing. I hold down the homelink button 1 and a red light blinks rapidly and then after 2 sec it becomes solid. While I was doing that at the same time I was holding down the garage opener button from the original garage door opener remote control. After that I plug the garage dorr opener machine thing and try the homelink button and it doesnt work. I repeated these steps two to three times and still no result. So what am I doing wrong? How did you guys connect the homelink thing?
Old 04-20-2007, 10:36 PM
05 TL

There was a recall for that... My car's VIN wasnt in the group, but they replaced it any way... Not like they have a garage at the dealership they can program it to... Kinda one of those things they have to take your word for it...

If you have any buddies with a Honda or Acura with the home link programed ask if you can try to program it to yours... After it works or doesn't, erase all the memory.

One of my coworkers opened his apartments gate with the home link... I tryed to program it just like his Accord, and it didnt work. Complained and got them to replace it.

ALSO!!! Look at the related links on the bottom of the page....
Old 04-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Stock 07 TL NBP

Thanks man. I guess I will have to drop by the dealership.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I had a similar problem but got my garage door opener to work. I pressed the learn button on my garage door opener, got inside my car and pressed one of the designated homelink buttons for four seconds and immediately pressed it again all along while pressing the garage door opener romote button. If you have any problems go to www.homelink.com ,they will guide you through. You probably have a rolling code issue.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Instructor

Here's what I did.

1. Reset the homelink buttons. Pressed the first and last button.
2. Pressed my preferred homelink button and at the same time press the garage door opener remote.
3. Wait until the blinking red light becomes solid.
4. Press the learn button on your garage opener. Must do this right away after the light becomes solid.
5. After pressing the learn button on the garage door opener, I pressed the homelink button that I trained.

No need to unplug the garage door opener. Hope this helps.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Stock 07 TL NBP

I understand all of your steps but I remember reading about the learn button. What is that and where do I find it? On my garage door opener i have 3 buttons on it, one of them opens garage door number 1, the middle one does nothing, and the third one opens garage door number 2. Is the middle one the leanr button?
Old 04-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Stock 07 TL NBP

Im sorry about the last post, I just saw the video and the button is located on the garage door opener machine thing. Thanks alot guys.

Trending Topics

Old 04-25-2007, 10:14 AM
Cruisin'

This is kind of a humorous sidenote to homelink. I just bought an 04 TL and was out programming my homelink last week. I get a call from my wife the next day saying our garage door opened for no reason at about 3:30. The next morning I'm getting ready to leave for work when I hear the garage door open for no apparent reason. I hurry and look outside and see my neighbor leaving. I called him on his cell and asked him what he was doing yesterday about 3:30. He said he went out to get a haircut. I started to put 2 and 2 together and remembered that while I was out trying to program my homelink, he drove by in his car, a really sweet Lexus GS 450h. He apparently hit his homelink button to open his garage door while my learn button was activated on my opener so everytime he activates his opener, it's activating mine as well. When he got home that evening, he opened his door and, of course, mine as well. He said my dog came trotting out of the garage looking for someone and just kind of stood there. He got the dog back in and shut the door. He tried clearing his homelink and activated my door again...here's comes the dog out trying to figure out what's going on. We've tried resetting the homelinks on both our cars a couple of times with no success. It's really been kind of comical. We know when he or his wife get home and they are driving their Lexus, because our garage door always opens. It's a good thing we're such good friends with our neighbors. We'll have this stroy to tell for many years to come. BTW If anybody has any additional suggestions on resetting the homelinks on a TL or a Lexus GS 450h, let me know. My poor dog is starting to get frustrated with us when we come home.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Advanced

Straingest Thing Got New Garage Opener Had No Problems Programing Our 07 Tls
But I Cannot Get The 06 Rl To Work ??????????
Will Try The Above Suggestion Tonight
Old 05-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Mike's Silver Bullet

Originally Posted by jjgoff1
This is kind of a humorous sidenote to homelink. I just bought an 04 TL and was out programming my homelink last week. I get a call from my wife the next day saying our garage door opened for no reason at about 3:30. The next morning I'm getting ready to leave for work when I hear the garage door open for no apparent reason. I hurry and look outside and see my neighbor leaving. I called him on his cell and asked him what he was doing yesterday about 3:30. He said he went out to get a haircut. I started to put 2 and 2 together and remembered that while I was out trying to program my homelink, he drove by in his car, a really sweet Lexus GS 450h. He apparently hit his homelink button to open his garage door while my learn button was activated on my opener so everytime he activates his opener, it's activating mine as well. When he got home that evening, he opened his door and, of course, mine as well. He said my dog came trotting out of the garage looking for someone and just kind of stood there. He got the dog back in and shut the door. He tried clearing his homelink and activated my door again...here's comes the dog out trying to figure out what's going on. We've tried resetting the homelinks on both our cars a couple of times with no success. It's really been kind of comical. We know when he or his wife get home and they are driving their Lexus, because our garage door always opens. It's a good thing we're such good friends with our neighbors. We'll have this stroy to tell for many years to come. BTW If anybody has any additional suggestions on resetting the homelinks on a TL or a Lexus GS 450h, let me know. My poor dog is starting to get frustrated with us when we come home.
One of our remotes was stolen, which brought up a possible way to deal with this:
If you hold down the garage door opener learn button for some number of seconds, it clears all of the previous openers. Then press the button again and have it re-learn all of the openers and homelinks you want it to use. You might need to read the opener manual for details. Could probably find the manual online of you can't find it.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by cjhurtado2
Here's what I did.

1. Reset the homelink buttons. Pressed the first and last button.
2. Pressed my preferred homelink button and at the same time press the garage door opener remote.
3. Wait until the blinking red light becomes solid.
4. Press the learn button on your garage opener. Must do this right away after the light becomes solid.
5. After pressing the learn button on the garage door opener, I pressed the homelink button that I trained.

No need to unplug the garage door opener. Hope this helps.
I'll try this also. I can't get my Type S Homelink to work.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Advanced

I can't get my homelink to work at all. I tried everything under the sun. I am thinking about taking it back to the dealer.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Advanced

I did the rolling code thing as mentioned above (push learn button on the opener itself It worked
thanks all
Old 05-04-2007, 12:24 AM
Cruisin'

for ALL of you who dont understand homelink-

1. reset the car's HL memory by pressing the outside HL buttons for approx. 20 seconds. At that time, the light to the left will flash/be solid(in either case be different from what it had been doing earlier.

for a regular garage opener w/o a "rolling code" or a community gate opener
1. all you have to do is press the garage/gate opener and the HL button you would like to assign it to. it will flash faster when done appropriately.

2. test your homelink - if it works, hurray! if it doesnt, on to step 3.

3. the reason why it didnt work is because you probably have a "rolling code" garage opener. its an extra security feature that some newer garage openers have. get your car within reasonable distance of your garage opener(i parked mine right under it)

4. push the learn button on your garage opener itself. once you press it, it should flash slowly.

5. get in the car and press the same HL button for about 5 seconds (same flashy/solid light bit) *IMPORTANT* some garage openers require you do this up to 3 times.

step 4+5 in summary: press the learn button, get in car and press the same HL button for about 5 seconds, release, press for about another 5 seconds, AND IF YOUR GARAGE DOESNT CLOSE BY THIS TIME, release then press for another 5 seconds.

This should do the trick
Old 05-04-2007, 07:16 AM
Cruisin'

If you have trouble getting homelink programmed and can't figure out why, try another one of the buttons. I couldn't get my first button to work so I tried the second...it worked fine...go figure.