HELP! The touchscreen and buttons do not work on 2006 Acura TL with Navi

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013 | 08:02 PM
Advanced

HELP! The touchscreen and buttons do not work on 2006 Acura TL with Navi

I have a 2006 Acura TL with Navigation. My son put in some coins (we did not know that) into the tape deck and then when we went to start the car the next day, the navigation screen was blank and the radio didn't work.

Then I started searching for solutions. First thing I did was to disconnect battery. That did not work.

Second thing I did was remove the coins that I can see in the tape deck. Not sure if there are more behind it. If there is, how can I take it out? Do I need to remove the entire deck/navi screen and then shake it out?

Then I looked at the fuse and noticed that under the kick panel (in the car), the #32 7.5 amp was blown. So I replaced it with another 7.5 amp fuse and tried again. The fuse blew again. Then I tried a 10 amp fuse and it worked!! The navigation was downloading the software and then asked for the Navigation 4 digit code. I pressed the touchscreen and NOTHING happened!! I tried the joystick and nothing happened. I tried pushing ANY of the buttons on that joystick row (MAP, MENU, CANCEL, ZOOM, AUDIO) and nothing happened!! I then just punched in the radio code buttons (using numbers 1 to 6) and all of a sudden the radio started working. I turned the car off and on again and it again got stuck at "Enter code" for the Navigation screen. Again I touched the screen and nothing. The radio was working fine (although it did not show anything up in the dash panel). Then I stuck the 7.5 amp back in and this time it did not blow, but again was stuck at the "Enter code" prompt.

I believe all the fuses under the hood and inside the car are good. The car is out of warranty and everything in the car is stock. Anybody ever experience this issue or know what fuses I should re-check? HELP please.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that when I turn the car off and back on, the Trip Meter A and also the Trip Information all gets reset back to 0.

Gammah

Last edited by gammah; 01-27-2013 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Added the Trip meter reset