Help a 3G! Lights out on dash

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 06:38 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone post a pic of their dash with the light illuminated? I know the lights on the buttons around the climate control are not working, but I'm also wondering what other lights may not be working.(HFL, etc.)
Old 10-20-2014, 11:09 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My climate buttons, and mode button went out. Also, the steering wheels buttons. I ordered all the bulbs from oemacuraparts.com and had an audio shop install them. The steering wheels lights work good as new. However, the center console lights do not work and the ones that did work also do not work now. So I took it back, and the tech opted to put LED strips down each side. Now it lights up super white and I love it!! He had to wire them into the illumination harness.
The following users liked this post:
aureustgo (03-05-2019)
Old 02-20-2015, 01:00 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by DWitis
I have a similar issue in my TL, where the left side climate control lights went out only. The red and blue arrows to control the temp. How can this be fixed? If anybody can chime in on this, it would be appreciated and OP might also have some questions answered. Thanks in advance!
Hi DWitis,
Just came across this, and I have a similar issue and was wondering if/how you resolved. In my case the Auto and Up/Down controls (both driver and passenger sides) are not backlit. Would appreciate any solution you may have found.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:09 PM
Registered Bunny

Received 1,073 Likes on 892 Posts
Originally Posted by hcuriel
Hi DWitis,
Just came across this, and I have a similar issue and was wondering if/how you resolved. In my case the Auto and Up/Down controls (both driver and passenger sides) are not backlit. Would appreciate any solution you may have found.
You need to replace the bulbs. They're notable for burning out.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:37 PM
1st Gear

Replace original burnt out bulbs with T3 LEDs!

Originally Posted by domllama
CAR: 2005 Acura TL

Ok, been looking for awhile now...love this forum but never signed up for an account. Well I have one now and reaching out to the community for help. I've thought I checked most threads I can find and the TSBs for TL and not seeing much.

I've been having problems with the TL:

• Dash Lights around stereo do not light up; this includes the leds around the volume control knobs, all climate control etc
  • Lights on steering wheel do not light up
  • Cigarette lighter under the stereo does not get power
I've thought I checked fuse 9 (only one I've seen recommended..its OK)

Has anyone seen anything on the forum or could help me figure this out. I am mechanically inclined but this one has me confused.

Thanks guys and appreciate all the help!

Dom

Amazon.com T3 bright blue LED bulbs installed in dashboard and center navi console.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:35 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Chad05TL
I was able to get them back on using my own creative method. And yes it was a severe pain. I never did figure out what the root problem was, however, I still have the lights out on right side of steering wheel. I do not know "when" the steering wheel lights went out. So, I do not know if it related to the navi illumination or not. I didn't notice it for a while. So, that is the only thing I did not check, but I still doubt it will fix the problem. If all of your steering wheel lights come on, then that is definitely not the problem with the navi. Nevertheless, I would check that first before proceeding.

few questions:
Were you trying to install LED's?
Do all your steering wheel buttons light up?
Is only the navigation main display not lighting up, or is it the CD player too?
Test your hazard lights with the car off and interior lights off. Then open you glove box and tell me if the glove box light is flashing too.. If it is flashing, then check your little blue lights in the overhead console to see if they are flashing too.

lmk. I can go further but too much to say in 1 post
, I am having this problem the glove box light is flashing illumination on my clock and climate control steering wheel and around my navigation screen. The lights to light up when I switch between Park lights and off really bright briefly
Old 01-05-2017, 01:00 PM
Cold Business

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
While changing my back up leds, I shorted the connector and a siren went off and the cluster went dark.

​​​​​​Was the fuse inside the cabin , I forget the number, but upper right 7.5 one.