front left passenger door, tears.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 12:54 PM
DAFRANCHISE69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
front left passenger door, tears.

Hello, today I bought a bicycle, and the people gave me the bike, already constructed. I had to put it in my back seats and it fit but barely, as I drove, the pedal made dents and small tears to the material on the back left bottom of the door. I think the material is vinyl but I am not 100 percent sure. I really want to fix it as soon as possible anyone know any vinyl kit or a kit to fix my problem. Something that you guys have used on your 3G TLs to fix your vinyl tears.

I have a 2004 Acura TL.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,843 Likes on 8,574 Posts
This is effin hilarious.. I have an '04 ABP TL w/ Camel Interior.. and I have tears there as well..<the previous owner>.. idk how they got there but they are significant.. I always hate having passengers because I see these huge eye sores.. I'm going to be fixing them next week during my time off.. I'll let you know what works.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:12 PM
DAFRANCHISE69

please man, I will do what you do. Please update this thread or just P.M. me what you did to help. Thanks.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey FR4NCH1SE. Is your screen name a Tom Seaver reference? If so, I like it. Nice use of the 41 inside the word. Saw the 69 too, so you must be a Mets fan, or at least a Seaver fan. Or maybe just a coincidence?
Old 12-17-2008, 12:55 PM
DAFRANCHISE69

darcar, IDK what your talking about. lol total misunderstanding here.

First off, FR4NCH1SE is my online persona, in almost everything right now from my gamertag on xbox 360 to my usernames on forums and other sites.

As for Dafranchise69 that was my first online persona for PS2 online namely Socom the game. ummm Yea, basically I got franchise the nickname from a high school friend of mine, he called himself the franchise and it made me laugh all the time. So I called myself that.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:30 AM
Driven to Perfection

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have them on my driver's door! It's on the underside so I think some vinyl repair stuff from Autozone would work - and it wouldn't be visible because it's on the underside of the door... I should give it a shot.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by mattster
I have them on my driver's door! It's on the underside so I think some vinyl repair stuff from Autozone would work - and it wouldn't be visible because it's on the underside of the door... I should give it a shot.
Funny you say that because I just bought the kit from Autozone. I asked the guys there if they knew anyone who had used it and they said no. I checked reviews of it before getting it and it was mixed.

I'm first trying to match some scuffs on my center console arm rest. I think if you use the color match & hardener the difficult part is trying to match the color.

If you use the hardener all you need to do is apply it like bondo. Make sure it is level with the surface and apply the layover patch and apply pressure. If you color match you do the same procedure but apply color and heat after.

From what I can tell it doesn't come out as glamorous as it says. I also saw a lot of leather and vinyl finishes use spray paint to match over the dye so it smooths out the repair. I'm just getting started so I'll keep this thread updated.

edit: btw it'll be easier to apply by removing the panel. The rear only has 2 screws and the rest are pull tabs. The tricky part is the tie cable <don't damage it!>. Then there's two wire harness disconnects and that's it. Just remember when removing the panel to lift up from the back to unhinge it.

Last edited by Majofo; 12-22-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:55 PM

Sorry I've been away so long.. I'll be posting pics in the next couple days.

THE GOOD: Center Console and Rear Panel Done!..
THE BAD: Permatex works well but color matching is a PITA!.. Don't apply too much Hardener!
THE UNEXPECTED: Since Color Matching is a PITA.. had to color match camel interior with Acrylic. Re'dyed as they say and looks good.. almost too good.. color matching wasn't too bad and I'll post the match for Camel so you wont have to carry in a piece to match. The most difficult part is getting the correct finish.. I got a bit too glossy.. not really discernible unless your flash is real bright.