Five weeks of nothing but trouble!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 07:41 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Five weeks of nothing but trouble!!!

I've had my 08 TL-S for 5 weeks now and I've had nothing but trouble. First, the dealer scratched my A-Spec rim. After sending it off for repair, they scratched it again after putting the tire back on the rim. They sent it off again. The rim repair shop painted it the wrong color and the dealer scratched the rim putting the tire back on. The dealer finally ordered me a new A-spec rim. You guessed it, they scratched the brand new rim. They have now decided not to fix or replace the scratched rim (I guess they just cant keep from scratching rims). Now, I have 2 small parallel cracks on my windshield. The 2 cracks start at the very base of the windshield and are about 8 inches in length. The cracks are only on the inside of the windshield and do not propagate to the outside. The cracks are also right above the defrost vent. Now to the questions. Do I have any chance of getting the windshield replaced under warranty? What should I do about trying to get them to right their wrong in regards to the scratched rim. Thanks!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
well if the windshield crack is from the inside and does not look like it was caused from a physical impact from the outside, then you can have a case as to talk to the dealership and say this was a defect... they could/could not replace it for you depending on how much they want your business.

how bad are the scratches when they put the tire on... are they just noobs??? tell them to give you the wheel and take it somewhere else to get mounted... then bring back the old wheel to them... or just go to another dealership...
Old 05-21-2008, 08:07 PM
FOR SALE - BM

tell them to mount your rims by hand and not with an impact gun... they will probably fix the windshield.. post pictures please.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:17 PM
5th Gear

I'll try to get some pictures up soon. They're actually scratching the outer lip of the rim with the tire mounting equipment.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:29 PM
all work and no play

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
if theyre doing it correctly the only thing that should actually contact the lip of the rim should be the tire itsself. Nothing on the machine sould contact the rim, but should guide the tire on while very close to it. Clearly they have someone operating the tire machine that doesnt know what he is doing. I would insist on them replacing it, but bring it elsewhere to be installed
Old 05-21-2008, 08:56 PM
5th Gear

Any more thoughts on the windshield???
Old 05-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Acuras Only in

I thought it's related to power train which I would consider as a big problem .... these are more cosmetic & related to the dealers' workmanship ... feel your pain & hopefully the dealer can get their sh*t together .... (release a sigh of relieve for my TL .. LOL)
Old 05-22-2008, 09:57 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow man i wish i had patience like that...dude Id go there n blow the place up.....who the fu** does that to a car at the dealer??? they scratched my rim and the side passenger skirt and i had the cops called on me because I lunged at the kid to break his neck....it took 5 sales guys to hold me down.... anyway they called the cops ...after the cops said theres no reason for us to be here because the kid was never touched and i told them they'd be hearing from my lawyer.... they wrote a check out for the damage on the rim and put a new side rocker on.....i went about it the wrong way... but the kid did it and then tried to hide it by parking it so close to the wall that i wouldnt see it. thats what got me so pissed that i went to smash his face.... i wouldnt let them get away with ruining the car.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:15 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
the mexicans around my job mount tires without scratching em... 10 bux a rim... funny thing is the dealer charges other folks alot of money to mount/balance & align

ps. clearly the dealer doesn't know you are supposed to take the weights off before you mount... after a while the rubber lip on the machine wears down to the metal... and scratches the wheel
Old 05-23-2008, 08:14 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yup still ur 10000000% right......they are idiots... the plastic cap to wedge the tire is like $9 to replace....i went to this place in queens that when they mount the tires they keep a 1/4 inch space between the rim n wedge. they probably know how pissed people get from that.