Factory HORN wont STOP!! wtf??

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 10:56 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Factory HORN wont STOP!! wtf??

well i just got a 2004 regular TL (non aspec) which came with an aftermarket alarm NO KEY FOB!! anywho i accidently opened the door while it was locked which i think set off the factory alarm/ security system and made the horn and headlights/ tail lights go off non stop.. kinda embarassing since it occurred while i was at a quiet shopping center.. so i tried different combinations on the alarm remote and interior door locks and nothing could turn it off so it left me no choice but to pull the horn fuse out to stop the horn and it did but the lights continue to flash off and on. It eventually goes away if i turn the car on and start driving or if i leave it for 5minutes.. is there a way i can turn that off or reset without a keyfob?? please let me know this is annoying

it also turned OFF my VSA traction control thingy on the dash
Old 12-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Banned

also i took the aftermarket alarm brain out to see if that was the cause of it, but the lights continue to flash either way
Old 12-26-2010, 11:18 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
if indeed it is the factory alarm, try turn on the key repetitively three times (idk if that will work though only got a 2g )

or you might have to disconnect the battery, and turn on the key then reconnect the battery

or maybe shut all the doors, the trunk and the hood, then try unlocking it with the key in the driver's door

btw is the car starting? figuring not; but the dash lights and such turn on no issues.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by friesm2000
if indeed it is the factory alarm, try turn on the key repetitively three times (idk if that will work though only got a 2g )

or you might have to disconnect the battery, and turn on the key then reconnect the battery

or maybe shut all the doors, the trunk and the hood, then try unlocking it with the key in the driver's door

btw is the car starting? figuring not; but the dash lights and such turn on no issues.
thanks ill try those.. its worth a shot

and yes car starts up fine and the horn and flashing lights stop within 30seconds of driving.. but starts as soon as i open a door again
Old 12-27-2010, 09:03 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Lights flashing is not the factory alarm, there's something with the aftermarket that you missed.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Banned

so when the factory horn goes off the lights arent suppose to flash? its weird because i disconnected the whole alarm pulled out the brain to the alarm and power fuses for it..

if i disconnect the battery with it reset my radio like on most hondas?? im not sure what the radio code could be or where to get it without paying
Old 12-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
Originally Posted by XxAfG786xX
so when the factory horn goes off the lights arent suppose to flash? its weird because i disconnected the whole alarm pulled out the brain to the alarm and power fuses for it..

if i disconnect the battery with it reset my radio like on most hondas?? im not sure what the radio code could be or where to get it without paying
Horn AND exterior lights flash for two minutes on factory alarm....Stop the alarm by using the key in the door. You may need to go to lock and then unlock.

Of course, this is all covered in that little used, often forgotten book called the "owner's manual.....

Last edited by nfnsquared; 12-27-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by nfnsquared
Horn AND exterior lights flash for two minutes on factory alarm....Stop the alarm by using the key in the door. You may need to go to lock and then unlock.

Of course, this is all covered in that little used, often forgotten book called the "owner's manual.....

Interesting. I just tried mine and no lights. I doubt they changed it based on the year, I hope nothing is wrong with mine. Horn honks.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Race Director

Yeah, that's from the 04 service manual. Probably applies to 05's as well. Might have changed it for 06...Don't know.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Banned

thank you so much nfnsquared.. i actually randomly tried it and it worked then came on here and saw your post so thanks anyways.. and yea i woulda used the owners manual if the previous owner would have included it
Old 12-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by XxAfG786xX
thank you so much nfnsquared.. i actually randomly tried it and it worked then came on here and saw your post so thanks anyways.. and yea i woulda used the owners manual if the previous owner would have included it
Go to myacura.com and register. You will then have access to an online version of the owner's manual. You can also order an owner's manual using the forms at the end of the online manual or go direct to helminc.com. FYI, here's a copy from the OM:

Here's the direct link to an 04 OM:

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/p...404MAINIDX.pdf
Old 01-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i also had an aftermarket alarm but it was installed by the acura dealer when i first purchased the vehicle (2005 TL). after about 2-3 years it started giving me MAJOR problems. It was very sensitive to things like pressing the door look buttons after vehicle was turned off and other times when i "unarmed" it via the unlock button on the factory keyless entry remote it would still activate the horn and lights after i opened the door.

Hardly anything i did would make it stop..not the keyless remote, not even starting it up and driving off. One day when this happened and nothing else worked, i tried pressing the little black button down by the dead pedal while the ignition was in the accessory position and it seemed to work most of the time.

After a few years of this BS, i just took it back to the dealer and had them pull the fuse to the after market alarm they installed and i've never been happier. UNTIL...

about 1 year later when at random times (usually at night) the FACTORY alarm would go off for no reason. So every night before going to bed I had to disconnect my battery, then reconnect it in the morning before going to work. I took it back to the dealer after a week of this nonsense, and they thought it could be the driver's door lock actuator mal-functioning making the alarm think that someone was trying to open the door.

$200 and 1 week later, the f-in alarm is doing the same thing, going off in the middle of the night costing me precious sleep. im going to take it back to them this week but i have a feeling they will continue replacing crap visit after visit until i stop coming back...costing me $$$$$ to replace crap unnecessarily.

Oh, and to add insult to injury, this morning my car refused to start. i can't tell if its the battery (b/c lights, horn, radio, etc work fine) or if its related to the alarm, or if its a totally new problem.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:11 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by inspecta83
i also had an aftermarket alarm but it was installed by the acura dealer when i first purchased the vehicle (2005 TL). after about 2-3 years it started giving me MAJOR problems. It was very sensitive to things like pressing the door look buttons after vehicle was turned off and other times when i "unarmed" it via the unlock button on the factory keyless entry remote it would still activate the horn and lights after i opened the door.

Hardly anything i did would make it stop..not the keyless remote, not even starting it up and driving off. One day when this happened and nothing else worked, i tried pressing the little black button down by the dead pedal while the ignition was in the accessory position and it seemed to work most of the time.

After a few years of this BS, i just took it back to the dealer and had them pull the fuse to the after market alarm they installed and i've never been happier. UNTIL...

about 1 year later when at random times (usually at night) the FACTORY alarm would go off for no reason. So every night before going to bed I had to disconnect my battery, then reconnect it in the morning before going to work. I took it back to the dealer after a week of this nonsense, and they thought it could be the driver's door lock actuator mal-functioning making the alarm think that someone was trying to open the door.

$200 and 1 week later, the f-in alarm is doing the same thing, going off in the middle of the night costing me precious sleep. im going to take it back to them this week but i have a feeling they will continue replacing crap visit after visit until i stop coming back...costing me $$$$$ to replace crap unnecessarily.

Oh, and to add insult to injury, this morning my car refused to start. i can't tell if its the battery (b/c lights, horn, radio, etc work fine) or if its related to the alarm, or if its a totally new problem.
best thing would be to take that aftermarket alarm completely out, and reconnect any wires that had been cut

and you say starting, did it at click over or crank
or did it just not make a noise?
Old 01-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 170 Posts
Its been cold lately---battery killing cold. I had to replace mine a few weeks ago.