Exhaust leak!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2023 | 11:44 AM
Advanced

Exhaust leak!?

Reddit engine or exhaust

was driving home last night and then my car sounded like the cats were stolen. I have precats deleted and jpipe. Is this the type a sound that comes with an exhaust leak or engine problems? Ran smooth and had oil before the noise happened. Didn’t run over anything
Old 01-25-2023 | 12:52 PM
Racer

Hahahahaha reminds me of my old prelude when I had an open header.

You said you were driving home, AND THEN it started to sound like that while you were driving?
Or it sounded like that from initial start-up?

If it's the first, then something in your exhaust probably became disconnected, rusted through, or fell off while you were driving.
If it's the second, then someone probably did steal your cats in your cat-back. Should be blaringly obvious if you take a peak underneath.
Old 01-25-2023 | 01:11 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by twokexlv6coupe
Hahahahaha reminds me of my old prelude when I had an open header.

You said you were driving home, AND THEN it started to sound like that while you were driving?
Or it sounded like that from initial start-up?

If it's the first, then something in your exhaust probably became disconnected, rusted through, or fell off while you were driving.
If it's the second, then someone probably did steal your cats in your cat-back. Should be blaringly obvious if you take a peak underneath.
yeah was driving highway and changed lanes then the sound came about. Checked under to see if anything was disconnected but everything still bolted. I have my all cats deleted and never sounded like this haha.

my cat back is stock after the jpipe. Hopping I can just get an upgrade and be back to normal. Seeing the mechanic on Tuesday. Thanks for the reply. Sounds mean but I can’t drive this in the city lol