Electrical 'BEEP' Noise coming from left driver side.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 09:17 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical 'BEEP' Noise coming from left driver side.

Hope someone can help me with this as everyone who i have asked about has no idea what the problem might be.

I have a 2004 Acura TL I put on 19" rims on (245/35/19)tire's on in May.... In mid - July i started hearing a beep noise coming from my front left side of the TL. Every time i hold break and put it in reverse and when i accelerate quick, I hear an electrical 'BEEP' noise its very quick and it is very inconsistent it doesnt always make the noise, a few times a day i will hear it. I am waiting until the winter to determine if its an issue with the larger rims being on the car or not but i have a feeling its not the rims beacuse it didnt start happening when i first go the car.

Some people suggested it could be a sensor, not sure if anyone can help me with this buy any ideas and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as it is really starting to get to me now.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Are your brake pads in good condition?--you physically inspected them and know all is well?
Try having a parts store check it for any codes stored in the computer.
Why do you stand on the brake and try to reverse? Am I not understanding when this occurs?
Possible sensors- wheel speed. Does the ABS work properly when tested- like wet on one side of the car- dry pavement on the other
Ask the service manager at the dealer if they heard of this, may already be a tech bulletin secret goodwill warranty on the abs controller or other part- thats worth a try.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Intermediate

Sorry i mean to say when i let go off the brake and gas to reverse i hear it also when i let go off break and drive forward.... Acura told me i need to have my brake pads replaced but i am holding off until the summer is done. i have 115,000 KM's on it and same break pads still.

Its funny you mentioned the brakes because someone else mentioned that to me as well, but they have a sensor to indicate brake wear?
Old 08-28-2008, 01:33 PM
Intermediate

Anyone?
Old 09-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Intermediate

I took it to the dealer and they said it could be because i need a brake job or suspension but want $120 just to look at it an imo that is a rip off. Anyone have any other suggestions\ ideas, on what i should look for?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Driven to Perfection

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
can you get a recording of the sound with your cell phone or something? I am inclined to think it is the brakes too, making a slight noise when they lift off the rotor and the wheels start rotating. You can do a visual inspection of your brakes very easy - it looks like your wheels are big enough, just get down there and try to see how much pad is left. Or take the wheel off. You could ask the mechanic to let you inspect your brakes at your next rotation when the wheels are off. Then once you determine whether your brakes should be replaced (and at 115,000 km i'd bet they do) you can spend that $120 toward the brakes themselves.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Intermediate

Thanks mattster, i will give that a try. Why not use the process of elimination and replace the brakes.