Electric Problem with 04 Acura TL!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 05:35 AM
śïιέит вµт đέαđιý

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Problem with Auto Door Locking feature!!!!

I have a 2004 TL and its locking the doors as soon as I shut the door while the car is running while the gear shift is still on park, and I know there are settings where I can set how i want it to lock but and even when I have it turned off..it still locks all my doors
Anyone ever experience this problem or knows how to fix this?
And shud the extended warranty cover this type of problem?
Old 01-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Take it to the dealer, I had a similar problem after they replaced my window regulators. Sounds like you may have a faulty solenoid. There is a TSB or service bulletin that you can find by doing a search here.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:52 PM
śïιέит вµт đέαđιý

hmm, but why would this problem just occur over night
nehow I tried searching for the TSB or service bulletin and I didnt get any results regarding power locks/solenoid or anything..you think you can post that link for me
Old 01-11-2008, 11:12 PM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
yeah, this sucks. Definitely take it to a dealer, you don't want to worry about doors locking all the time, or you will start caring a valet key with you.

I remember in my 2G, the car was on, key was inside, doors locked, and it was pouring.

I was standing like an idiot in the middle of the street scratching my head in disbelief.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Yeah. I think you got a problem... I believe the manual states that it will never relock if the vehicle is on.. You could try going into the mid and changing the settings
Old 01-22-2008, 08:59 AM
śïιέит вµт đέαđιý

yea i went into the MID and i turned everything OFF...but it still locks..but I did discover that it only happens with the driver side door
Old 01-23-2008, 06:10 PM
śïιέит вµт đέαđιý

Exclamation Electric Problem with 04 Acura TL!!!!

I live in Canada and I have a 04 Acura TL with roughly 78,000 KM and when I purchased this car used last year I also bought the extended warranty "acura ultimate warranty". Now my car has several issues I want fixed.

1st
HFL is a mess.
First of all its not clear at all and it has difficulty recognizing my voice, specially when dialing numbers and i read a lot about that on this forum and I printed the Service Bulleting and showed it to the service advisor at Royfoss Acura formaly known as Terrace Gate Acura and they told me first of all this is a US service bulletin and secondly this is telling us to replace the entire unit and we will only do this if the car is under 60K so I didnt know what else to say about that.
So is there anything I can do about that?

Secondly my HFL fully froze on me and the advisor called it "locked itself" or something and what its doing is basically just stays on "IN USE" and wont switch off even when the car and phone is turned off and I can like turn the volume up and I can hear that fuzzy noise coming from the speakers so i guess its using up my batter power cause this happened a while back and they I guess just reseted the system and now same problem happeneded again.

2nd
My automatic door locks are acting up. This is what its doing:
I open the door.
Shut the door.
Start the engine.
Open the door to step out for a second.
Shut the door.
Doors Lock instantly.
And I turned the auto lock feature OFF on the MID screen.
Acura currently has my car and there checking up on it for since about 3pm and its been already 4hours and so I called them and the service advisor told me that he probably going to keep it until the next day and he thinks its a wiring issue and he doesnt know if the warranty would cover that.
Is he just BS'ing with me or what?

Thanks for reading my sorrowness
Hope someone comes up with a good idea for me
Old 01-24-2008, 08:50 AM
śïιέит вµт đέαđιý

IM PISSED!!!...
I talked to my dealer and Acura Headoffice and they told me that extended warranty does not cover HFL and they will not accept this service bulletin because its from the US
http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/b05-020.PDF
Old 01-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,430 Posts
call acura client services and tell them about your problems. Also mention that when the HFL freezes for no apparent reason, it locks you out of many of the functions of the vehicle, and you are having problems with the HFL and it is an issue acknowledged by acura with a fix, but the dealer refuses to apply it.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:12 PM
śïιέит вµт đέαđιý

well I did call Acura Canada which is the acura client service right?
...and I told them about the problem and all they are saying is that my vehicle has over 60K and the extended warranty doesnt cover this and that this Service Bulletin is only valid on the US...
Old 05-15-2010, 10:25 AM
I mod my car in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BUMP! I have the exact same problem- all doors lock after i unlock, open the drivers door and close it (while the car is running) what was the fix for this? i cant really afford to go to the dealer right now and i rather do it myself anyway...also the windows wont roll down when i hit the unlock button on the keypad....any help is appreciated