Driver Seat Won't Adjust

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 12:59 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver Seat Won't Adjust

Hi all, so I'm having trouble with adjusting my driver electric seat on a 2006 TL. At first my driver seat would only adjust when I wasn't sitting in it. Then over time it got to a point where it completely stopped adjusting. I push the switch and nothing, not even a sound. My under seat memory control module wasn't working for a while as well. The other day I finally replaced the module with a newer one and when pushing the button for position 2, the seat moved backwards (both slide and recline). I'm guessing it was a position saved in the unit from before. Pushing the button for position 1 doesn't do anything, except for a beep/noise from the seat. I've also replaced the slider/recline switch twice and both have not worked. So I'm thinking maybe it's a short or a bad motor? Could it be stuck? I can't fully remove the seat because the rear screws are still partially attached due to not being able to move the seat forward. I've also checked the fuses and all seem to be good as far as I can tell. I'm not really sure how to check the larger fuses in the engine compartment.

Thank you in advance for any help!

David