Battery Cable Connector Snaps and RDX Loaner !

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
Unhappy Battery Cable Connector Snaps and RDX Loaner !

So I get to work this morning and park to give the valet guy the keys and my car shuts down. Totally unexpected I try to start it up and theres like almost no power ... I get out of my car and open the hood and touch the power cable on the positive terminal and as soon as I touch it to see if its loose .... It just lies on my hand ... l thought it was loose so I move it a bit and realize that the metal part is actually split in half There's signs of corrosion but the funny thing is that I just got the car back from service on saturday with a "21- point inspection" which says BATTERY 9/10 remarks: GOOD

meanwhile the truth seems to be that they were never checking it or other wise there would be no corrosion at all. Any way call my service manager at Acura and he tells me to call Acura Care and get it towed to the dealer .. Thanks to the CPO warranty towing company shows up in 2 hours at my work place and take it to the dealership ... 2 hours later I get a call from the service guy and he tells me yeah thats pretty unusual .. And they don't have the cable in stock any where and the earliest it can be in by is Tuesday So he asks me to get a ride to the dealer and he will have a loaner ready ... I get to the dealer and he has a RDX ready for me I look at the mini suv and I look at the guy and go .. seriously .... Im 6"2 and 240lbs and this is what you get me ... I just said it and a hot ass miss comes and picks up her car back and guess what ... shes picking up her car which also happens to be a RDX Guy laughs at me and tells me .... ull be amazed ... Its the weekend and i dont have any more loaners ... Well guess what ... I have the RDX weekend with a free tank of gas for the weekend and surprisingly ... It's not a bad ride !!! Im quite amazed by the performance of the 4 cylinder turbo charged motor ... kills almost all 4 cylinder sedan's at stop lights and on the freeway ! smooth too