Bad vibration when accelerating from front passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 09:11 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation Bad vibration when accelerating from front passenger side

I just installed new coilovers. Now, I am getting a terrible vibration from the front right side of the car when accelerating. It will stop after about 25mph and is fine at high speeds. I got an alignment like your supposed to after suspension work. I was at the shop when they lifted it and I had a completely torn in half subframe center bushing. I went ahead and bought both sides and changed them out.

I thought that would fix the problem but when I took it for a test drive, the vibration was still there upon acceleration..

I went exactly by this thread to replace the bushings and it was pretty damn easy https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-t...shings-749610/

Does anyone have a clue as to what might be the cause of the violent vibrations? Any input will be much appreciated. Thank you guys very much!
Old 11-14-2017, 06:13 AM
Instructor

Please , everyone. Not all at once...
Old 11-14-2017, 10:09 AM
Drifting

Received 591 Likes on 441 Posts
Vibration under acceleration is generally related to the axles or the intermediate shaft. Otherwise check the compliance bushings on the LCA as well.
The following users liked this post:
jroca (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 10:23 AM
Instructor

Smile

Originally Posted by Jackass
Vibration under acceleration is generally related to the axles or the intermediate shaft. Otherwise check the compliance bushings on the LCA as well.
Thank you very much, jackass.. i just replaced those LCA on both sides. and i just saw a post where someones passenger side axle went out and causes vibes after they installed coilovers as well. It has to be the axles then... Thanks again for your input! It is greatly appreciated! I should have never started to live the lowlife, damnit.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
Agreed with the donkey, typically axles. Check for play
The following users liked this post:
jroca (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 02:47 PM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
had the same problem, let it run for around 6 months, had to replace both front CV axles a 2nd time (after going with raxles the first). If you're a 6MT, just go for a new axle. I've had Marty tell me himself that he's just stumped as to why Raxles always fail on the 6MTs.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:30 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jimmyfu
had the same problem, let it run for around 6 months, had to replace both front CV axles a 2nd time (after going with raxles the first). If you're a 6MT, just go for a new axle. I've had Marty tell me himself that he's just stumped as to why Raxles always fail on the 6MTs.
6 months?!! I can't handle that vibration. I'm actually about to take it to my mechanic. Ill have an update for you guys when available. Quick? Though... If I raise it back up a bit, would that help? Also, stupid, stupid question...if I want to raise it, ​do I twist the locking nut up or down ?