Auto Window Up Problems....

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 03:47 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto Window Up Problems....

I have an 04 TL with a problem on the passenger side window. About a month and a half ago I rolled down the window on the passenger side, and when I went to put it back up it stopped about 4-6in up and went right back down. Just like someone had their arm in the window and the safety stop engaged. Took it to the dealership and they said the window tint was too thick and was slowing the window when it goes up which makes it believe that something is "caught" so the safety "down" feature is engaged. I have had the tint on there for several months with not one sign of a problem. I have had several cars with window tint, known several people with tint, and work at Toyota and have never heard of this happening. Is this something that is common on the TL's? I have had 3 Intergra's without a problem, so I dont think its an Acura unique issue. Any help with this would be great.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Received 1,015 Likes on 577 Posts
It takes a lot more pressure than what the tint would cause to make the window reverse.

You can check this with your driver's window and a newspaper. Don't use your arm. Hit the auto up switch and put the newspaper at the top and see how much it gets crushed before the window stops and reverses.

Sounds more like a faulty sensor than thick tint. And if it was the tint, why doesn't the driver's window act the same way?
Old 02-04-2006, 09:17 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
I didnt have window tint when I had this problem, but I took it to the dealer and they replaced the window regulator. I guess its a rather common problem, I know several other members of this forum that have run into the exact same thing. Either the regulator is dirty or just needs to be replaced (as in my case).
Old 02-21-2006, 03:57 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem you are experiencing is definitely a faulty window regulator. I own a 2005 TL and had the same problem with the passenger side window.

On my first visit, the dealer (service manager) said it was the dirt accumulated inside that causes an obstruction or some crap like that. So they lubricated it, which seemed fine at the moment. Next day and so on, problem persisted. I went to the dealer furious and they changed the window regulator, it works fine now.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:52 AM
I like to whistle in my

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine use to do that alot with the auto up when i first got it but haven't recognized it recently. And I dont have tint on my TL yet..still like the windows clean. I have an extended warranty so I really dont worry about it. As long as i I know i dont have to pay for it, im cool