Acrua TL 2006 Front Damage

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 11:42 AM
V24
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acrua TL 2006 Front Damage

This my Acura TL 2006, it was hit only in the front. The stuff that need to be purchase is (Fender/Bumper/Hood/Grill), but does anyone know where I can get it fix? I know a guy and he's charging me 8k-9k (purchasing the parts and installation), but I wanted to know if anybody know someone that will do the job for a low cost?

Last edited by Bearcat94; 07-18-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
You've got frame damage, there's no such thing as a "low cost" repair. Pay your insurance deductible and take a higher premium, get it fixed. Especially considering your frame damage is in the front, there could be ALL KINDS of problems spawning off of that. Also, you're missing a lug nut on your donut, and your tread pattern on your rim indicates its on the wrong side/going the wrong way. Good luck with the repair.

p.s.- not that its relevant, but it bugs me, the past tense of "fix" is fixed, as well as purchased for "purchase", and knew for "know.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
I would at least get a body shop to fix the internal damage. You could hang new fenders and hood but you need to make sure what's underneath is straight.

With the strut brace missing, there could be more wrong than you think.

What's that intake on there?
Old 07-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by V24
This my Acura TL 2006, it was hit only in the front. The stuff that need to be purchase is (Fender/Bumper/Hood/Grill), but does anyone know where I can get it fix? I know a guy and he's charging me 8k-9k (purchasing the parts and installation), but I wanted to know if anybody know someone that will do the job for a low cost?
Hey man. If you live in the NJ area, I would be able to fix the whole front bumper for you, but the damage to the engine and the painting, you would have to go to someone else.

Last edited by csmeance; 07-18-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,421 Posts
Originally Posted by Guiltyox
You've got frame damage, there's no such thing as a "low cost" repair. Pay your insurance deductible and take a higher premium, get it fixed. Especially considering your frame damage is in the front, there could be ALL KINDS of problems spawning off of that. Also, you're missing a lug nut on your donut, and your tread pattern on your rim indicates its on the wrong side/going the wrong way. Good luck with the repair.

p.s.- not that its relevant, but it bugs me, the past tense of "fix" is fixed, as well as purchased for "purchase", and knew for "know.

There is some frame damage, esp damage to the radiator support. Can you take some more photos from a bit further away?

The big tell tale sign that there is going to be a bit of work involved is the gap between the fenders and the door. Acura uses ACE body construction which is designed to crumple and absorb energy to keep the passengers safe. If the impact was hard enough you would have crumpled the front area and pushed the fenders back into the door. (do the doors have trouble opening?)

The front bumper is about 600 painted for a new one, each fender is about 500 dollars (painted) and the hood is about 700 painted. Each headlight is going to be around 1K plus all the misc. bulbs and such. Fixing the frame damage is going to be a bit of labor and require specialize equipment.

Also where is your front strut bar (connects the two shocks together at the top in your engine bay) and also what the hell is that on your throttle body? Ebay air intake?

Also the other member is right, your dount is missing a lug nut/bolt, your spare is also low on air. As well your front tire is installed backwards!
Old 07-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Safety Car

^you're right, it's an $18 ebay intake.

To me, this looks like a junkyard find.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:21 PM
V24
8th Gear

Originally Posted by csmeance
There is some frame damage, esp damage to the radiator support. Can you take some more photos from a bit further away? Yeah I'll take some tomorrow when I get off from work.

The big tell tale sign that there is going to be a bit of work involved is the gap between the fenders and the door. Acura uses ACE body construction which is designed to crumple and absorb energy to keep the passengers safe. If the impact was hard enough you would have crumpled the front area and pushed the fenders back into the door. (do the doors have trouble opening?) Nah the door seem to open up fine & I was doing 40mph when I hit the front.

The front bumper is about 600 painted for a new one, each fender is about 500 dollars (painted) and the hood is about 700 painted. Each headlight is going to be around 1K plus all the misc. bulbs and such. Fixing the frame damage is going to be a bit of labor and require specialize equipment.
Yeah the collision body shop I went to they gave me a quote about 8k-9k worth of repair damage.

Also where is your front strut bar (connects the two shocks together at the top in your engine bay) and also what the hell is that on your throttle body? Ebay air intake? Yeah it's a Ebay air intake for now, just for the time being, Just trying to repair the front, before I purchase a good intake. There's a lot of specs I need to get to put under the hood.

Also the other member is right, your dount is missing a lug nut/bolt, your spare is also low on air. As well your front tire is installed backwards!
The lug/nut/bolt is in the trunk, and when my cousin gave me the car he didn't bother put air in the spare tire
Old 07-27-2011, 02:24 PM
V24
8th Gear

Originally Posted by csmeance
There is some frame damage, esp damage to the radiator support. Can you take some more photos from a bit further away?
Yeah I'll take some tomorrow when I get off from work.

The big tell tale sign that there is going to be a bit of work involved is the gap between the fenders and the door. Acura uses ACE body construction which is designed to crumple and absorb energy to keep the passengers safe. If the impact was hard enough you would have crumpled the front area and pushed the fenders back into the door. (do the doors have trouble opening?) Nah the door seem to open up fine & I was doing 40mph when I hit the front.

Yeah the collision body shop I went to they gave me a quote about 8k-9k worth of repair damage.

Also where is your front strut bar (connects the two shocks together at the top in your engine bay) and also what the hell is that on your throttle body? Ebay air intake? Yeah it's a Ebay air intake for now, just for the time being, Just trying to repair the front, before I purchase a good intake. There's a lot of specs I need to get to put under the hood.

Also the other member is right, your dount is missing a lug nut/bolt, your spare is also low on air. As well your front tire is installed backwards!The lug/nut/bolt is in the trunk, and when my cousin gave me the car he didn't bother put air in the spare tire
Old 07-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
"Nah the door seem to open up fine & I was doing 40mph when I hit the front"

What the hell did you hit while going 40mph and got such damage?? a mailbox? If you hit a car in the back doing 40mph that's more than enough force to set off the bags, bend the frame and even deform the pillars. You can easily total your car with a 40mph impact.Since your frame is bent 9k sounds about right.

And Please, take off that damn filter or photo shop it out of this pictures, that thing is a disgrace to any engine and should be destroyed immediately.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Safety Car

There is no way that this is a 40mph impact. Unless it was with a bunch of pillows.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
just adding to the previous post. This is 40mph impact into a solid object. If it was a car it would be slightly less damage but would most likely total the car..

perfect crumple zone btw..took it like a champ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ScLSNK_V7g

ON a lighter note, this is a car where the Crumple zone is the ENTIRE CAR and the frame was probably plastic. By the way, that's also 40mph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUNMO...eature=related

Last edited by Hotwired05; 07-28-2011 at 06:55 PM.