2008 TL trunk will not open w either fob or button

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 01:02 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 TL trunk will not open w either fob or button

My 2008 TL trunk will not open with either the key fob nor the drivers side dash button. I checked the switch in the glove box and found it on. When I depress either fob or dash buttons I hear the trunk release activating but the trunk does not open. Only way to get it to open was to reach through the passage port in the back seat to pull that release. Upon pulling it, the trunk readily opened. I note that once the trunk is open I do not hear the release motor once I depress an opener button, on the other hand I do not recall if I either checked to see if I would hear it once the trunk is opened. Only work done recently on the car was the spark plugs, but the trunk worked after that.

Other trunk issue threads usually boil down to the glove box switch or just either the key fob or the dash switch but not both not working. I'm thinking something may be out of alignment or needing lubed but looking for suggestions.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:42 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turned out that the car battery was failing and weak. Driven yesterday, it would open and shut the car doors with the fob but only partially actuate the trunk latch release.