06 TL Aspec pulls to the left

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 03:21 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 06 TL Aspec pulls to the left

Please help!!! Bought brand new off showroom floor 06 TL with Aspec. After 5000 miles took into dealer to have oil changed and rotate tires and mentioned that car pulled to the right. They did a wheel alignment and said everything was fine. Still pulled to the right. Took it back again and they said it was the tires. Car came with Yokohama tires but dealer recommended putting on Michelin tires at my expense. I said no and they replaced all 4 tires with new Yokohama tires. Did another wheel alignment and said it was good to go. Still pulled to the right and now steering wheel shaked back and forth. Took it back again and they still said it was the tires and now Acura will cover cost difference and put on 4 new Michelin tires. Now the car pulls to the left when you drive in the left lane and the lane is crowned to the left. If you are in the right or middle lane with the road crowned to the right, the car stays straight and will eventually drift to the right. But if in the left lane and the road is crowned to the left it really pulls you towards the gaurd rails. Anyone else have this issue???
Old 11-14-2006, 05:36 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mine was pulling right also. they had to do a "4 wheel thrust alignment" at a tire shop that they use...

that took care of the problem.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:10 PM
10th Gear

is your steering wheel straight when the car pulls or is it canted towards the left, cuz mine is.... my sterring wheel looks like im turning left when the car is going straight and when i holdthe wheel straight the car turns right any ideas
Old 11-15-2006, 06:27 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

^^^ sounds like alignment problem.

my steering wheel was "turning" right by itself when I led go of steering wheel. pretty hard right. I tested it on different surfaces and conditions. making sure it's not the road. it pulled right no matter what. so, that prompted me to have it checked out.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:39 PM
3rd Gear

My 2005 had the same problem pulling to the right. If you let go of the wheel on any road, car immediately went right. It was no gradual move. On a long trip, my side actually hurt after holding the wheel straight for 500 miles.

The car has basically done it since new. Took it in and they said it was out of alignment and they gave me a free alignment. Got it back and it still pulled to the right. Took it back. They said it was in alignment so now they said they needed to replace two front tires. I have the Michelins. This fixed the problem for a little while. After putting about 2K miles on the tires, it began pulling to the right again. Took in again for A1 service and mentioned the pulling again. After they rotated the tires they said it wasn't pulling. I checked and now it doesn't seem to pull. It's probably a matter of time before it starts pulling again.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

yeah, I had to bring mine in twice to get it fixed. I think they replaced some parts on top of alignment. I don't remember exactly, but they said something in the rear was causing it.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:49 PM
Acura Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by unhappytl
Please help!!! Bought brand new off showroom floor 06 TL with Aspec. After 5000 miles took into dealer to have oil changed and rotate tires and mentioned that car pulled to the right. They did a wheel alignment and said everything was fine. Still pulled to the right. Took it back again and they said it was the tires. Car came with Yokohama tires but dealer recommended putting on Michelin tires at my expense. I said no and they replaced all 4 tires with new Yokohama tires. Did another wheel alignment and said it was good to go. Still pulled to the right and now steering wheel shaked back and forth. Took it back again and they still said it was the tires and now Acura will cover cost difference and put on 4 new Michelin tires. Now the car pulls to the left when you drive in the left lane and the lane is crowned to the left. If you are in the right or middle lane with the road crowned to the right, the car stays straight and will eventually drift to the right. But if in the left lane and the road is crowned to the left it really pulls you towards the gaurd rails. Anyone else have this issue???
It sounds like they have your problem fixed. Around here the roads have a more agressive crown in the left lane and my 04 TL does exactly as you describe and my alignment is in spec (I did it myself). Did they give you a copy of the alignment specs that show the before and after numbers on your car. If not go back and have them give you one even if it requires them to do another alignment. I work for a Honda dealer and we are required to give an alignment spec sheet with every one we do.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:52 PM
Instructor

Your problem is the you need to keep booth hands on the wheele at all times.