'05 multiplex replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 09:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 multiplex replacement.

Help.....
I had to replace my under dash fuse panel "Multiplex", because I had a short in mine where the flasher relay plugs in causing intermittent right turn signals then eventually none at all. Picked one up from the same year vehicle 05 TL Base, installed yesterday....all works great signals work as they should have power to everything interior but when I go to start the car there's nothing car won't turn over.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance
Paul
Old 06-14-2017, 11:35 PM
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
be more descriptive, are you getting lights on the dash board? can you hear the faint whine of the fuel pump when you turn the key to acc? etc etc

double check all your connections and both fuse boxes (driver side foot well and under the hood) for any blown fuses
Old 06-14-2017, 11:46 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by champaned_out
be more descriptive, are you getting lights on the dash board? can you hear the faint whine of the fuel pump when you turn the key to acc? etc etc

double check all your connections and both fuse boxes (driver side foot well and under the hood) for any blown fuses
yes all lights on the dash are working as they should..no warning lights or anything of that nature. When I turn the key to acc everything works, just when I try to start the car nothing happens. It ran perfectly fine before I replaced the Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU) because of the signal issue. I went through one by one today and checked each fuse...all are good? I'll have to check tomorrow to see if I hear the fuel pump, but I do hear two clicks on the fuse panel when j turn the key to acc. Which im assuming is normal as I've heard it plenty of times before I did the swap to.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,577 Likes on 6,627 Posts
Could it be that your battery is bad
Old 06-14-2017, 11:48 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Could it be that your battery is bad
just put a brand new battery in 2 days ago. I was thinking the same thing that's why I replaced it but wasn't the problem.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:01 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
It could be your starter. An easy way to test is to have someone start the car (turn the key and keep holding it), then with a hammer, tap the starter. Generally that's enough to get the sucker to jump and the car to start. Don't beat the shit out of it, but do give it a decent hit. Try it a few times. Report back on what happens.

it could just be coincidence that your starter crapped out at the same time. You wouldn't be the first this has happened to.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:08 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TacoBello
It could be your starter. An easy way to test is to have someone start the car (turn the key and keep holding it), then with a hammer, tap the starter. Generally that's enough to get the sucker to jump and the car to start. Don't beat the shit out of it, but do give it a decent hit. Try it a few times. Report back on what happens.

it could just be coincidence that your starter crapped out at the same time. You wouldn't be the first this has happened to.
I will definitely give that a shot tomorrow and report back with results. Thanks👍
Old 06-15-2017, 03:11 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TacoBello

actually that's a good point, the starter on my TL went bad out of no where last year... all lights and power worked on the car but when i went to start the car, i got nothing as well.. starter seized up and ended up replacing it with new one
Old 06-15-2017, 06:36 AM
Intermediate

actually that's a good point, the starter on my TL went bad out of no where last year... all lights and power worked on the car but when i went to start the car, i got nothing as well.. starter seized up and ended up replacing it with new one
I will definitely be checking that today. I will report back with results. Thank you all for the suggestions.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:54 PM
Intermediate

Update...

Originally Posted by Mcdoogle1975
I will definitely be checking that today. I will report back with results. Thank you all for the suggestions.
so I commenced to tapping the starter today to see if that was the problem to no avail.... so I tried jumping the starter and she started right up...shut it down turned the key and nothing....the relays click on fuel pump buzzes but no power to the engine!!!! So I jump the starter once again and she fires right up....im baffled, is there some kind of alarm system cut off that would disable power to the engine or somthing?
Old 06-16-2017, 04:00 AM
Racer

it means your starter is dying and you need to replace it asap,, the motor is probably just wearing out which is why your starter is failing
good news is the part isnt too expensive and diy isnt hard either

Last edited by champaned_out; 06-16-2017 at 04:10 AM.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:54 AM
Intermediate

it means your starter is dying and you need to replace it asap,, the motor is probably just wearing out which is why your starter is failing
good news is the part isnt too expensive and diy isnt hard either
well looks like I will be doing a starter this weekend...ha ha ha.
thanks for all the help.
I will post up my results.