Woot! Put my plates on :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 12:50 AM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Evader
I wasn't sure where to post this and didn't want to start a new thread. I noticed one of my white led's were flickering last night so today I for the hell of it I tossed in 2 red 6led bulbs from superbrightleds (took them out of my door) just to see what they would look like. Any thoughts whether this is too ricey? I would like a more distict red and I think it would look much better. I took a pic but it didn't come out right, I made a video but don't can't seem to find my usb cable for my camera. I'll try to get it up for tomorrow but anyway comments, flame throwers etc. are welcome
Might look neat but you risk being pulled over for the color - out here it might be considered impersonating an emergency vehicle

Need pics =p
Old 09-26-2007, 08:25 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wasn't sure where to post this and didn't want to start a new thread. I noticed one of my white led's were flickering last night so today I for the hell of it I tossed in 2 red 6led bulbs from superbrightleds (took them out of my door) just to see what they would look like. Any thoughts whether this is too ricey? I would like a more distict red and I think it would look much better. I took a pic but it didn't come out right, I made a video but don't can't seem to find my usb cable for my camera. I'll try to get it up for tomorrow but anyway comments, flame throwers etc. are welcome
I think that you might be ok. I think that red and white are the only acceptable colors for the back of a car, at least what the police told me as they had me pulled for a neon license plate cover. Cover isn’t the right word but it is one of those things that went all around the plate and it was a blue/purple neon bulb. Don't worry that wasn’t on my TL, that was on my Honda Civic that I had when I was in high school. So you might be ok but they could pull you over saying that it made it hard to tell which state it was or saying that it was hard to read. If you like it roll with it until you get pulled over and then just tell the cops that you will change it as soon as you get home, then do it.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Let's Go Pens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fish008
I think that you might be ok. I think that red and white are the only acceptable colors for the back of a car, at least what the police told me as they had me pulled for a neon license plate cover. Cover isn’t the right word but it is one of those things that went all around the plate and it was a blue/purple neon bulb. Don't worry that wasn’t on my TL, that was on my Honda Civic that I had when I was in high school. So you might be ok but they could pull you over saying that it made it hard to tell which state it was or saying that it was hard to read. If you like it roll with it until you get pulled over and then just tell the cops that you will change it as soon as you get home, then do it.

I'm not worried about the police, I actually have that covered! My car has illegal tints, no front plate etc. so this is just one more thing, but I have nothing to worring in that regards. I just didn't want it to look ricey. I'll post the video tonight and get everyones thoughts, I just wish the bulbs were a little darker to match the tailights. You have no problem telling reading the plate. STYLN-TL (VA) friggen WDP plates, lol. I need a delaware address so I can get a black plate.

Now pardon me for a second but a NEON license plate frame? :ghey:

You asked for it, lol.....
Old 09-26-2007, 09:24 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I need a delaware address so I can get a black plate.

Now pardon me for a second but a NEON license plate frame? :ghey:

You asked for it, lol.....
Old 09-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Let's Go Pens

Well this isn't the greated picture but you get the idea. This is with T13 R6 Led from superbrightleds.com I ordered red and white supernova bulbs from autolumination so hopefully they are brighter and a more distinct red. I'm not sure why my taillights look orange, must have been the flash because the tails are actually darked than the leds

Flame me, praise me, whatever .. I'm ready ( just don't tell me i'm going to be harrassed by the police bc I have that department handled )
Old 09-26-2007, 09:04 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Well this isn't the greated picture but you get the idea. This is with T13 R6 Led from superbrightleds.com I ordered red and white supernova bulbs from autolumination so hopefully they are brighter and a more distinct red. I'm not sure why my taillights look orange, must have been the flash because the tails are actually darked than the leds

Flame me, praise me, whatever .. I'm ready ( just don't tell me i'm going to be harrassed by the police bc I have that department handled )
Because of our blue tint, I think some sort of blue would have been better. Seems like something I have to see in person tho. Put it in when I see you after the 'Skins kick ya'll ass!!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Let's Go Pens

Originally Posted by darksom1
Because of our blue tint, I think some sort of blue would have been better. Seems like something I have to see in person tho. Put it in when I see you after the 'Skins kick ya'll ass!!

Blue tint? Skins kicking the cowboys ass? Ray are you feeling alright, lol.. Seriously, blue tint What are you talking about lol

Damnit, now that i'm actually looking at this picture and not standing behind the car i'm going to flame myself on this one! I'll have to see what the autolumination red leds look like, but i'll probably end up just using the white supernovas when they come. I ordered them earlier and they already shipped, woohoo!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:54 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Blue tint? Skins kicking the cowboys ass? Ray are you feeling alright, lol.. Seriously, blue tint What are you talking about lol

Damnit, now that i'm actually looking at this picture and not standing behind the car i'm going to flame myself on this one! I'll have to see what the autolumination red leds look like, but i'll probably end up just using the white supernovas when they come. I ordered them earlier and they already shipped, woohoo!
Have you ever...forget it...this blue tint:

Old 09-27-2007, 07:25 AM
Let's Go Pens

ha.ha the pearl! I was like WTF are you talking about lol. Long night last night ,haha