White Out!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006 | 02:57 PM
05WDP Midlife crisis

This is the blacked out grill and the chrome horizontal trim in place in the lower vents, I think it matches the chromes pieces I left in place on the cleared corner turn signal.

Thanks for those who gave me their input/ideas!

Old 07-29-2006 | 03:05 PM
2016 E350 Sport

The Body Side Moulding (BSM) is what ruins the look. The look of the BSM is not worth the little protection it may provide. Just keep the number of a local paintless dent removal guy handy. The front is OK with the nice painted strip inside the headlights. The grill can pass but keeping the polished/chrome/painted? strip above the front grill may be better to give some contrast.
Old 07-29-2006 | 03:35 PM
.:KCCO:.

i am def diggin the headlights. not the lower grill tho. but those headlights are sic
Old 07-30-2006 | 02:41 AM
05WDP Midlife crisis

Originally Posted by SweetJazz
The Body Side Moulding (BSM) is what ruins the look. The look of the BSM is not worth the little protection it may provide. Just keep the number of a local paintless dent removal guy handy. The front is OK with the nice painted strip inside the headlights. The grill can pass but keeping the polished/chrome/painted? strip above the front grill may be better to give some contrast.
Thanks for the unsolicited input about the "look" that I want to achieve. Anyone that has read my posts know how I feel about BSM, enough said.

I posted to show my progress and my ride. It's great to get positive feedback about your mods, if one chooses to share the unsolicited negative critique of someone else's car, it should maybe prefaced with , ya think?

Also would be nice if those that do the critique have a pic or two of their TL posted somewhere, I would love to view their style and see how they chose to represent this forum, and that my friends is my .
Old 07-30-2006 | 06:18 AM
.:KCCO:.

Originally Posted by joed40
Thanks for the unsolicited input about the "look" that I want to achieve. Anyone that has read my posts know how I feel about BSM, enough said.

I posted to show my progress and my ride. It's great to get positive feedback about your mods, if one chooses to share the unsolicited negative critique of someone else's car, it should maybe prefaced with , ya think?

Also would be nice if those that do the critique have a pic or two of their TL posted somewhere, I would love to view their style and see how they chose to represent this forum, and that my friends is my .
wow, sounds like you were hurt a bit weren't ya? dont let it get to you. what everyone says is just an opinion. there is no need for 2 cents or anything. i really like ur headlights, thats about it though. i think you way over did it with the rest. take criticism in a constructive manner. thats a dime thought for ya.
Old 07-30-2006 | 11:02 AM
05WDP Midlife crisis

Not hurt at all. Nor were the comments directed at you. I just had a chance to respond to what I see as some peoples' (not just Jazzs') belief that they are entitled to share with everyone their ideas on how someone else's car should look, when they are not solicited.

I've been modding cars for a long time. I can't remember a time when I gave my thoughts about someone else's car unless I was asked. As I have always said here. It's your car and you should know what you like or don't.

My thoughts are, unless solicited, negative critiques can dissuade other members from posting their cars here, and frankly this is where I get most of my ideas from. So I don't appreciate some inconsiderate poster limiting my idea pool.*

*I also appreciate every ones right to post and respond as they will, just use a little class at the same time.
Old 07-30-2006 | 11:14 AM
2016 TLX

If you post, you gotta be ready to accept comments. Here's mine - Excellent concept, excellent execution, looks great in every way; I'm envious.
Old 07-30-2006 | 02:38 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Originally Posted by joed40
Not hurt at all. Nor were the comments directed at you. I just had a chance to respond to what I see as some peoples' (not just Jazzs') belief that they are entitled to share with everyone their ideas on how someone else's car should look, when they are not solicited.

I've been modding cars for a long time. I can't remember a time when I gave my thoughts about someone else's car unless I was asked. As I have always said here. It's your car and you should know what you like or don't.

My thoughts are, unless solicited, negative critiques can dissuade other members from posting their cars here, and frankly this is where I get most of my ideas from. So I don't appreciate some inconsiderate poster limiting my idea pool.*

*I also appreciate every ones right to post and respond as they will, just use a little class at the same time.
Unless someone has made negative comments about you directly then don't sweat it. This is a FORUM which means you will get both positive and negative comments. Take it for what it is. I don't think anyone has an axe to grind with you. You seam to forget that I liked the headlights. I'll let you know when I post pics of my car so you may get your chance to critique.

Oooops......I almost forgot............
Old 07-30-2006 | 04:11 PM
05WDP Midlife crisis

I appreciate the explanation of what a forum is. I don't personalize anything said because in fact no one knows me here.

No offense taken.

I stand by my original statement that I also appreciate every ones right to post and respond as they will, just use a little class when doing so.
Old 08-02-2006 | 09:31 AM
tehLEGOman

Who you gonna call!...GHOST BUSTERS!

...looks like a ghost man. Never seen anyone do this before..pretty cool.
Old 08-02-2006 | 09:51 AM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

well.. let me get my

If you want to post pics of your ride on a public forum, be prepared for comments and feedbacks - both POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE.

If you can't take negative comments, guess what? don't post!

Personally I think it's ugly, but it's your car and if you like the way it looks more power to ya!

here are some more
Old 08-02-2006 | 10:48 AM
05WDP Midlife crisis

As I stated before, I realize the rights of all here to post as they will. The boat has been missed.

You'll never see any post from me with any negative feedback unless the posting member asks for an opinion. So maybe I am wrong to expect the same level of consideration from other members that I have for them.

:surrender
Old 08-02-2006 | 11:05 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Originally Posted by kennyc
well.. let me get my

If you want to post pics of your ride on a public forum, be prepared for comments and feedbacks - both POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE.

If you can't take negative comments, guess what? don't post!

Personally I think it's ugly, but it's your car and if you like the way it looks more power to ya!

here are some more

no need to be a dick about it Kenny. I think he got your point...
Old 08-02-2006 | 11:44 AM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

not trying to be one... just trying to point out a fact.

I'll be more careful from now on.
Old 08-05-2006 | 03:00 PM
Racer

damn i like the look. its really unique compared to the other TLs ive seen.

do you mind if i ask where you bought your headlights. i wouldnt mind having clear headlights like that one that you have.

personally, i think the car would look a lot nicer with black rims but thats just my opinion but everything else looks real nice.
Old 08-05-2006 | 03:15 PM
05WDP Midlife crisis

Unfortunately they are homemade, that is DIY. Here's the link. Give it a try. The members here are quite knowledgeable and helpful. Don't be afraid to ask, and there is an impressive search tab here as well as the "garage" to look through.
Good Luck!

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...red+headlights
Old 08-09-2006 | 12:12 PM
Cold Racketeer

joed: you really should try painting all the reflective chrome areas white. i mean the turn signal area and the chrome around the inner part. leave the ring around the HIDs and the fog light housing itself alone as well as the chrome strip. it would flow very well with the car at that point and look smoother.
Old 08-09-2006 | 03:24 PM
05WDP Midlife crisis

Was thinking about it when I had the whole thing apart. Then I decided against it. I was looking at the chrome wheels, chrome trim thing. I put everything back together and found out that I had lost something, ............my mind.

I don't think I'll be baking my lights anytime soon. My wife thought I truly did lose my mind when I put the lights in the oven to begin with!