Too many pictures even for high speed to see!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too many pictures even for high speed to see!

So I just got back from trying to learn to take decent pictures
Me, Evan (teggy), Zane (RSX), Zack (EM2) and Brandon (240) hit up the bus station downtown. I am still trying to catch grasp of alot of the stuff on this camera so bare with please! haha

OMG INC

OMG INC STICKER

Old 11-23-2008, 09:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
TL and RSX are the only ones that look good IMHO. And why not some group pics?
Old 11-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by myron
TL and RSX are the only ones that look good IMHO. And why not some group pics?

i personally dont think they turn out good for some reason
and i wish my car was not in winter mode! i am so stoked about new wheels in the spring
Old 11-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
all JDM except TL.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by enigmaos
all JDM except TL.
whats more JDM than a right hand drive tl?!
shit i wish mine was RHD haha
i cant help our TL's are Euro!
I would rather be euro than japanese (no hate intended!) haha
Old 11-23-2008, 09:56 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by 04DCTL
Mmm but they're not Euro..
Old 11-23-2008, 09:59 PM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
The pictures are actually quite good.
The key to night photography is low ISO long shutter speed and good lighting... oh and a tripod. Which seems that you got down.
I believe when taking pictures you want more horizontal lighting than vertical lighting... I think that allows more focusing to the center of the image, in this case the cars.
Otherwise, the pictures are great! Better than my first time.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

lol, EDM FTL!

but nonetheles, those rides have great potential. what are the plans for them?
Old 11-23-2008, 10:02 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
looks good. I like the civic for some strange reason.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:02 PM
iScrape going into

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome pictures bro, they look great! Diggin the civic other than not liking the front lip. The teg, and rsx are definately lookin fresh. And amazes me still that even with stock wheels on the TL it can still stand out from the rest and look just plain awesome regardless. Nice job!
Old 11-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Clemson Tiger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like pics 9 29 36 43. And I like the TL the best of course

I like the rsx except for that spoiler and the integra looks pretty clean (is that an import alliance decal on the windshield?) and the civic is pretty nice I just don't love that generation.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
Mmm but they're not Euro..
haha of course my bad haha

and the plans i believe are this...
RSX-Turbo within a month (going the dumb way and getting ebay), I have tried to talk him out of that, and then by spring getting some Buddy Club wheels
EM2-he ordered side skirts but they didnt fit so he is sending them back and going to try and get ones that work and paint match the lip and side skirts, new wheels by spring also and possibly new exhaust
Integra-Just got out of paint this week actually that Championship White is nice as hell, so he is layin low, but he did get some LS meshies and is getting the face polished with an anodized blue lip i think
TL-I think I will go with some BBS wheels and thats probably it. I am not sure tho, OH! and J-pipe and such...
Old 11-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by o4Komodo
The pictures are actually quite good.
The key to night photography is low ISO long shutter speed and good lighting... oh and a tripod. Which seems that you got down.
I believe when taking pictures you want more horizontal lighting than vertical lighting... I think that allows more focusing to the center of the image, in this case the cars.
Otherwise, the pictures are great! Better than my first time.
what do you mean by horizontal lighting? i am still very new to this photography stuff haha as you can tell
Old 11-23-2008, 10:36 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Pics look good. A few are very striking. Nice job.

I thought your were selling your hood to Eric?
Old 11-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Kro
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
i like the funny ones. photobombers. oh...you MEANT to shoot those too? oh. cool green wheels. and just wheel.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:22 PM
wat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Kro
i like the funny ones. photobombers. oh...you MEANT to shoot those too? oh. cool green wheels. and just wheel.
lol i dont get it ~_~

nice pics and cars
Old 11-23-2008, 11:25 PM
New shoes on my

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm really diggin the A-spec on the font bumper where ACURA would normally be
Old 11-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
what do you mean by horizontal lighting? i am still very new to this photography stuff haha as you can tell
hah no it's okay we all have to start somewhere, right?!
I'm still actually new to this photography stuff too... I LOVE to take night shots.

I'm not very good at explaining things but I'll try to explain the best I can.
Vertical light is a source of light ... which usually comes from objects such as the sun, the moon or high-light-posts for example. Usually this source of light creates more shadows on your subject and some more exposed area. What this does to your subject is that it create some darker areas and some brighter areas on various sides. So, for example, the side you are interested in shooting for your subject may be shadowed out due to this 'vertical light' that, in a way, throws off the lighting that you need to take a good picture of the subject in that particular pose... otherwise you'd have to move around the subject to find better lighting [or move the subject in a new pose]... however this could eliminate the background you had in mind.

Horizontal lighting would be practically any other lighting that lights up your subject at a more eye-level. The horizontal light now comes into play with the vertical light... which should now illuminate your subject. With a sense of horizontal light, you don't have to do 'trial and error' just to find that source of lighting for that particular background or pose.

These two facts are especially true in day-time, though. At night-time, I find it is a little different. When the vertical light is actually lower... and closer to the subject then usually there is sufficient light to be able to "blow out" [in a sense" the subject from the background. Horizontal lighting still comes into a major roll in night photography---especially in those areas with low lighting.. such as by the road or on a mountain pass.
To remedy horizontal lighting, you could look into a strobe light.. or one of those reflective shield-things. What this reflective thing is.. is basically a panel made of some kind of foil or something... it allows you to reflect any light onto your subject and it works great!

Sorry for the long post... a little off topic. Hahah.
Sometimes in low light situations... try putting the shutter speed--if that's what it was called-- to the longest setting you can and have your aperture as big as it can [so it can get as most light in as it can]. It's almost just trial and error here. When you get the hang of it, usually you would know how many increments of each to jump up or down by. If possible, try to refrain from using a higher ISO. By using a higher ISO setting... you'll get more noise. But if you find that you need to use a higher ISO, there are some programs out there that will eliminate the noise.

Hope that helps!! Judging by the pics you have now, you'll probably pick up this whole photography quickly and will be on your way to take great shots

Last edited by o4Komodo; 11-23-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:43 AM
Banned

Your car looks better with the stockies. HAahaha.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:44 AM
JDM Laser Fogs!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I like the teg, alot...

You're making the stockies teh sex!
Old 11-24-2008, 06:03 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by elkayem
Your car looks better with the stockies. HAahaha.
haha yeah i think this fits so much better, i need someone to buy my other 2 sets of wheels so i can just drop a good amount of money into the new wheels this winter haha

and liftimeofwar
thanks dude!!!
he just got his car painted this week finally
Old 11-24-2008, 06:05 AM
Burning Brakes

I'm still actually new to this photography stuff too... I LOVE to take night shots.

Vertical light is a source of light ... which usually comes from objects such as the sun, the moon or high-light-posts for example. Usually this source of light creates more shadows on your subject and some more exposed area. What this does to your subject is that it create some darker areas and some brighter areas on various sides. So, for example, the side you are interested in shooting for your subject may be shadowed out due to this 'vertical light' that, in a way, throws off the lighting that you need to take a good picture of the subject in that particular pose... otherwise you'd have to move around the subject to find better lighting [or move the subject in a new pose]... however this could eliminate the background you had in mind.

Horizontal lighting would be practically any other lighting that lights up your subject at a more eye-level. The horizontal light now comes into play with the vertical light... which should now illuminate your subject. With a sense of horizontal light, you don't have to do 'trial and error' just to find that source of lighting for that particular background or pose.

These two facts are especially true in day-time, though. At night-time, I find it is a little different. When the vertical light is actually lower... and closer to the subject then usually there is sufficient light to be able to "blow out" [in a sense" the subject from the background. Horizontal lighting still comes into a major roll in night photography---especially in those areas with low lighting.. such as by the road or on a mountain pass.
To remedy horizontal lighting, you could look into a strobe light.. or one of those reflective shield-things. What this reflective thing is.. is basically a panel made of some kind of foil or something... it allows you to reflect any light onto your subject and it works great!

Sometimes in low light situations... try putting the shutter speed--if that's what it was called-- to the longest setting you can and have your aperture as big as it can [so it can get as most light in as it can]. It's almost just trial and error here. When you get the hang of it, usually you would know how many increments of each to jump up or down by. If possible, try to refrain from using a higher ISO. By using a higher ISO setting... you'll get more noise. But if you find that you need to use a higher ISO, there are some programs out there that will eliminate the noise.

Hope that helps!! Judging by the pics you have now, you'll probably pick up this whole photography quickly and will be on your way to take great shots
looks like some good info! i would stay and read it but i gotta get to school so i dont have to park in the gravel lot haha!
i appreciate it dude
Old 11-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Burning Brakes

damn! i get what your getting at man. thanks a bunch dude!
Old 11-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Pro

NICE PIX!! what camera ur using?
Old 11-24-2008, 10:44 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
Nice job with the camera Hayes!

Just study photographs that professional photographers have done to learn some nice angles to shoot from.

You did good with the tripod and lighting. None of them were blurry which is always a plus.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:03 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lenjaiah
NICE PIX!! what camera ur using?
its just a stock Nikon D40!
i really want to become pretty good at this but i got a damn long way to go haha, but im lovin it so far.

and eric, thanks dude! i am trying to do that. I see alot of pictures of other cars and just think what looks good. My personal favorits it like at the front corner of the car.like where the bumper curves, i think it gives a great effect on the car
Old 11-25-2008, 07:07 AM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm on a dual T1 connection at work and it still took me about a minute to load all the pics!

Nice shots. TL and RSX are ballin.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Trew
I'm on a dual T1 connection at work and it still took me about a minute to load all the pics!

Nice shots. TL and RSX are ballin.
haha yeah it takes a good amount of time on my high speed shit to load!
the rsx is ballin!