TmaX's UA7 WDP 6MT - And so it begins all over again...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 07:47 PM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts
Becareful if you're doing ATLP base exhaust with the rv6 v3 jpipe. I had this combo and ended up selling the jpipe because it was extremely raspy.

I have a video in my transformation thread in my sig of you want to hear it. It's on page two I believe.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:52 AM
UA7 6MT

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by spcslyusarmy
lookin good man...how much did you pay for that A-Spec suspension if you dont mind me asking? im looking into that and the A-spec body kit...
Thanks spcslyusarmy.
I found a good deal locally and picked them up for $400.
They are about $650 brand new online though if your looking.
I'd definitely recommend the A-Spec kit as well as it compliments the car well.

Originally Posted by nate_0022
Becareful if you're doing ATLP base exhaust with the rv6 v3 jpipe. I had this combo and ended up selling the jpipe because it was extremely raspy.

I have a video in my transformation thread in my sig of you want to hear it. It's on page two I believe.
Thanks for the tip Nate! I just checked out the two vids and your right there is a slight bit of rasp with both together.
Going to go looking for some more vids of that combination to see if its also apparent in their Quad setup.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:00 AM
contemplating future mods

Received 132 Likes on 94 Posts
A-specs & WDP

I changed the stance a little bit since with some spacers in the front and back but otherwise you get the point
Old 01-23-2011, 09:07 AM
UA7 6MT

Originally Posted by Morrissey25
A-specs & WDP

I changed the stance a little bit since with some spacers in the front and back but otherwise you get the point
Thanks Morrissey! You got a clean TL there buddy.
If I'm not mistaken those are the illusive Gun Metal Aspec Rims right?
Old 01-23-2011, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by TmaX
I wish they were. they are the black chrome rims. This is pretty much how your car will sit though with the A-Spec suspension and rimes. If you can, go ahead and pick up some spacers for the front and back. I have 20 mm in the rears with 15 mm up front. It really helps create an aggressive OEM look. I know that there is a thread on here somewhere about the spacers. I'll look for it.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:04 AM

Here it is... nice pics of the look are on the 2nd page:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-tires-wheels-suspension-97/20mm-rear-spacer-spec-wheels-too-much-pics-inside-774595/
Old 01-23-2011, 10:11 AM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Close, but nah.

You can tell they aren't 18x8.5 because gun metals don't have that "lip" around the rim.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:22 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
Originally Posted by nate_0022
Thanks for the tip Nate! I just checked out the two vids and your right there is a slight bit of rasp with both together.
Going to go looking for some more vids of that combination to see if its also apparent in their Quad setup.
sorry to hear about the trouble you had, nate. not sure why you got that sound.

TmaX, i have the rv6 v3 jpipe paired with xlr8 non-res quads and i have zero rasp whatsoever.

anyway, lookin forward to seeing your new progress pics! keep up the good work man!
Old 01-25-2011, 09:21 AM
UA7 6MT

Originally Posted by Morrissey25
Here it is... nice pics of the look are on the 2nd page:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=774595
Thanks that's just what I was looking for.

Originally Posted by guitarplayer16
Close, but nah.

You can tell they aren't 18x8.5 because gun metals don't have that "lip" around the rim.
My bad and note taken. Still hurting from missing out on a set that were sold from a member in Ottawa about a month ago.

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
sorry to hear about the trouble you had, nate. not sure why you got that sound.

TmaX, i have the rv6 v3 jpipe paired with xlr8 non-res quads and i have zero rasp whatsoever.

anyway, lookin forward to seeing your new progress pics! keep up the good work man!
Well now that HeelToe has taken over ATLP they may be doing some more runs so I might just try to pick up a brand new exhaust and do a type-s rear conversion at the same time.

The next couple of weeks are pretty hectic so hopefully I'll have everything installed next week as I've got a few days off coming up then.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:54 AM

Received 9,502 Likes on 6,173 Posts
Damn you're making nice progress with your TL. I have the ATLP Base exhaust and I love it. I have a few videos on Youtube but they don't capture the true sound that well. I'm planning to get the ATLP V2 J-pipe and ATLP Race Pipe over the summer for a full ATLP set-up. I can't stand when things are mismatched

Like you, I enjoy having the A-Spec kit and wheels. I've considered getting the A-Spec steering wheel but it's pricey and will look like shit with my Parchment interior.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:47 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
How did you get USR to ship stuff to Canada? They emailed me saying they don't ship to Canada when there was no option on their site to ship up here.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:28 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Dougboy
Good progress so far. Will look great with wheels and a drop.

I dont recall the member's name but this thing looked amazing for conservative fitment and drop

believe thats Minkl
Old 01-25-2011, 09:04 PM
UA7 6MT

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Damn you're making nice progress with your TL. I have the ATLP Base exhaust and I love it. I have a few videos on Youtube but they don't capture the true sound that well. I'm planning to get the ATLP V2 J-pipe and ATLP Race Pipe over the summer for a full ATLP set-up. I can't stand when things are mismatched

Like you, I enjoy having the A-Spec kit and wheels. I've considered getting the A-Spec steering wheel but it's pricey and will look like shit with my Parchment interior.
Thanks I've seen some of the ATLP Base videos on youtube.
I've got some time before spring to make a final decision.
I am intrigued to see how the RV6 Dual Exhaust turns out given the success of their V3 J-Pipe.

The steering wheel is extremely pricey at almost $500.
If anything that would be one of the final mods for the interior to keep in touch with the CF theme.
I got lucky and the prev owner paid for all the internal OEM Carbon Fiber (fake) trimmings.

Originally Posted by myron
How did you get USR to ship stuff to Canada? They emailed me saying they don't ship to Canada when there was no option on their site to ship up here.
I just sent them and email on the items I was looking to purchase.
I've made a couple orders with them and would definitely recommend them to anyone.
I had an issue with one of the License Plate LED's I ordered being D.O.A and they gladly sent me out a replacement set along with my second order.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
I did send them an email and they just replied that they don't ship to Canada at the moment. Weird. But nice car
Old 03-05-2011, 10:03 PM
UA7 6MT

Alrite so there have not been many updates but heres the scoop of what's gone down.

ASPEC Suspension installed
Neither sway bars were able to get installed because it looks like I need to get some replacement endlinks as the stock ones were going to definitely have to be cut off. I also didn't have the suspension bushing that would also be required.
Type-S Taillights Arrived

From reading I've found that Moog makes quality endlinks and I should use Energy Bushings come spring now as hopefully all this snow is coming to an end.

Look out for a major update coming up next week after some maintenance and overdue installs on some smaller items.

(Oil change, ATF Change, White Sidemarkers, Type-S Tails, License Plate LED (1 of old ones died))

The ASPEC Suspension has since settled and it looks pretty good but Im already having issues rubbing on driveways and exiting and entering smaller building areas unless I slow down to a crawl almost. Makes me wonder the trouble I'm going to be in for if I go for a more aggressive drop.

Here's something to hold people off until the update.

Last edited by TmaX; 03-05-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:14 PM

Jesus, you're rubbing with A-Spec suspension? That's crazy.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:45 PM
UA7 6MT

Yeah I think its the driveway for me at home being so steep.
Also the larger potholes become an even bigger concern.
Otherwise on the open road its ability to hold a line under speed are pretty good.

The handling has increased significantly but mind you I am only running my winters at the moment.
So the real test will come the weather clears up to get the summer times on there.

Edit: Type-S tails being installed were also modded by JnC
Old 03-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats how i want my am to look, man thats nice. and nice WPD tl, i wish i got wpd instead of am i have seen alot of am's in va

A few updates to add to the thread.

Picked up the Progress RSB and the Type-S FSB the other day.
The box to the left contains the A-Spec Suspension which has been waiting for these Sway Bars for installation to occur.
Should have everything installed within the next couple of weeks but all this snow we're getting is making me hesitant.

The Smoked SideMarkers w/ White LED's came in from USR as well.

On a side note though it appears AckTL05 just got some A-Spec Rim's in stock here.

They are not the Gunmetal ones that I originally wanted but the price is definitely right.
Was looking for some pics on how either of these would look on a WDP with no success. Not sure if its because im sleep deprived but if someone could lend a hand I'd greatly appreciate it.

Found some pics of both for better reference.

Smoked Chrome Below

Sparkle Silver Below

Leaning towards the Smoked Chrome if I had to pick between the two though.

After spending countless hours looking into rim's on numerous other forums I'm leaning towards utilizing those funds for more performance related mods and keep up the A-Spec theme I've got going.

Not to say that come spring if I come across a good deal on a set of aftermarket I won't bite but for the time being I can see better places for me to divert those funds.

Primarily thinking aboout Ritchie's J-Pipe and an ATLP Base or Quad Exhaust.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Pro

this is the first time i hear someone rubbing with a spec suspension. i'm not saying isn't impossible but weird since is barely an 1" drop depending on whether he has a A/T TL with M/T aspec suspension or A/T suspension installed. He is problably mean he is scraping rather than rubbing.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
haha ya, thats crazy. Which part of town do you live in? I've only ran into issues in some rougher parts of downtown. As for pot holes, those can be avoided with the steering wheel
Old 03-06-2011, 03:00 PM
UA7 6MT

I frequently drive in areas where the roads are not so great so its definitely more so an issue of the road quality versus the drop being more significant than the 1".

Yeah I dodge most potholes its just sometimes when its late at night at an inferior vehicle is being bothersome; your forced to put some distance down. In those circumstances I find I always end up going through those larger than normal potholes.

Given that summer rims will accompany the new tires I am debating on going coilovers or springs+shocks.
There's a good deal on Koni Yellows + Eibach Springs on the BM right now and the seller is in Ontario.
Said the drop with the combination is about 1.75 inches which should sit pretty nice I think on a set of 18's.

Trying to decide on picking that up or waiting on a set of coilovers and keep the ASpec for winter time if anything or resell.

Pic of taillights to be installed below: (Inspired by jptl's WDP)

Last edited by TmaX; 03-06-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 850 Likes on 673 Posts
That style of custom tails has to be my favorite.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:10 AM
UA7 6MT

Alright so there have been a lack of updates for a while but rest assured there has been some progress.

Just a few snap shots to hold everyone off until I buy a new dedicated digital camera.
For now my iPhone will have to suffice.

Post Aspec Suspension:
The drop has evened out to a little bit less than an inch drop versus stock but the increase in handling and the effect of new shocks are profound.
The only limiting factor at this point for proper testing are road conditions and winter tires.

Custom Tails + OEM Sidemarkers + 3M Carbon Fiber Roof Wrap

Sorry to be a tease but I assure you that more and much better pictures courtesy of a soon to be purchased Canon S95 are on the way.
I have also identified a few places to take some fitting pictures before the picture mongers start a trolling about parking lot shots.

With school and work there are minimal daylight hours available for pictures to be taken nor even for me to fully enjoy the TL.

Looking forward to the summer months to get this project off the ground some more.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:58 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
looks great man, i like the tails.

need moar shots of the CF roof...interesting idea.

keep up the good work!
Old 03-31-2011, 11:48 AM

Coming together nicely
Old 03-31-2011, 10:27 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Any issues from Toronto Police with regards to your tints?

Still debating what % I can get away with.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:06 AM
UA7 6MT

Alright well I had the chance to finally make it out to a meet for the first time last night.
Had the pleasure of meeting ch1zo, Aman and the TAC crowd.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:01 PM
3.5L...enough said

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
Nice car bro...coming along lovely! I'd like to see a close up of
The roof sometime in the future of a few different angles.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:18 PM
UA7 6MT

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
looks great man, i like the tails.

need moar shots of the CF roof...interesting idea.

keep up the good work!
Thanks I am quite happy with the way it turned out.
The new glossy version is 10x better than the old non glossy one.

Coming together nicely
Thanks! Spring is almost here gotta get err ready.

Originally Posted by kaikidd
Any issues from Toronto Police with regards to your tints?

Still debating what % I can get away with.
No issues to speak of with the front tints.
Rears you can go as dark as you want just the front they need to be able to make you out at night time.
30-35 % is relatively safe for the front windows from what I've read and experienced so far.

Originally Posted by 07TLTypeS420
Nice car bro...coming along lovely! I'd like to see a close up of
The roof sometime in the future of a few different angles.
Thanks a lot! Definitely will be taking some more pics once the new camera arrives.
iPhone pics simply wouldn't do it justice.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:18 AM
UA7 6MT

Wow...I've been MIA for over a little while.
Camera purchase fell through as money ended up being spent on mods instead. :wink:

Picked up all the parts for the TL-S Grill mod just awaiting the OEM Accord foglights. Debating between using those or retrofitting the Blazer foglights into them locally.
Met up with cKHyper last week and I gotta say that the combination of the the S/C + Greddy Exhaust was definitely epic.
Was tempted to pick it up but I'm going to keep the TL NA for the time being and put the money elsewhere instead.

Going to be getting a new stance next week and will take part in the local Toronto Photoshoot. Still on my damn winters as my rims are not in yet...
There will be updated pics posted next week so stay tuned.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:00 PM
UA7 6MT

*crawls out of hibernation to unveil the recent slew of mods*

Yes that's ATLP Base on that ass.
Rims are Work 11R :: Matte Black :: 18x9.5 +20
Tire size is 245/40/18

Hellaflush aggressive fitment ftmfw
The beauty of Matte Black rims cannot be captured in images.
They are simply something that has to be marveled at in person.

Pictures are courtesy of ch1zo.
We reached by the TSX Meet held at SpeedStar over the weekend.

Pics are availabe on the CTIN Photography Flickr Page.
Unable to link directly to all of them so I will post the link here.

More pics and mods to come soon

Insert Shamless plug of AT ASPEC Suspension for sale here
Price is $500 OBO!!

Last edited by TmaX; 06-20-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:26 PM
07 ASM TL-S UA7Squad (49)

I want those rims! Anyone know who makes them and the size?
Old 06-21-2011, 09:07 AM
UA7 6MT

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ctinphotography/

Rims+Specs are mentioned above.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
need better pics of rims. too dark to see on your flikr
Old 06-21-2011, 02:32 PM
'06 WDP TL 6MT

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Much WDP love, brother! May I suggest relocating the license plate over to the side?

Also, a lot of your pics from earlier aren't working anymore.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:39 PM
UA7 6MT

Originally Posted by snake134
need better pics of rims. too dark to see on your flikr
Yeah I've got a hold of a 'decent' P&S Canon for some closer shots to show off the rims and some of the other mods.

Getting some more work done on the car so once she's complete I will post more detailed pics.

Originally Posted by stvtec
Much WDP love, brother! May I suggest relocating the license plate over to the side?

Also, a lot of your pics from earlier aren't working anymore.
Thanks for the compliments

I actually debated this long and hard a little while ago.
Found the bracket that relocates it too but I'm still feeling on the fence about it.

What I really want is the stock lightweight pulley from UR but I'm all tapped out right now.
I can feel a substantial mid-range boost but I want to do something on the low-end to help with accelerating from a dig.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:45 PM
'06 WDP TL 6MT

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Screw that RhoPlate thing. $40 for a license plate mount? Plus it puts the plate too high up IMO. PLUS plus I like the plate on the drivers side. I made a mount out of about $3 in parts from Lowes!
Old 06-21-2011, 11:11 PM

Holy crap

Looks great! I'm glad you decided to go with the ATLP Base.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:23 AM
2006 TL: WDP/Ebony

Received 120 Likes on 119 Posts
Very good progress, nicely done
Old 06-22-2011, 06:19 PM
UA7 6MT

Originally Posted by stvtec
Screw that RhoPlate thing. $40 for a license plate mount? Plus it puts the plate too high up IMO. PLUS plus I like the plate on the drivers side. I made a mount out of about $3 in parts from Lowes!
Yeah thats the one I saw but I couldn't justify the price either.
I wish we could getaway without having to have a front license plate here in Canada.

Holy crap

Looks great! I'm glad you decided to go with the ATLP Base.
Thanks! I do not regret the ATLP Base for a second.
It sounds aggressive and flows with the body lines and the rear bumper perfectly.
Hands down the best mod I've down to the car to date performance wise.

Originally Posted by omnuts
Very good progress, nicely done
Thanks! The car is finally starting to take shape after a winter/spring of planning everything out.

Quick Reply: TmaX's UA7 WDP 6MT - And so it begins all over again...