Rotora BBK Front and Rear Special Chrome

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007 | 08:42 PM
Racer

Those Look Awesome!! Wow
Old 12-10-2007 | 10:09 PM
tehLEGOman

Which work wheel are you going to be getting or are you gonna keep it a surprise?
Old 12-10-2007 | 10:52 PM
Pro

damn i miss my lude...

i see u around in HT and PP and the rest of the lude forums. your lude is HOTTT for sure. was going to do a shave bay like you but I had to let the lude go. Never though u will get a TL... why is that?

I am waiting to see which wheels ur gona put on. must be really sick.
i will take a guess... Varianza T1S???
Old 12-10-2007 | 10:56 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

Nice!
Old 12-10-2007 | 11:26 PM
Engineer

whoa!! I am speechless...
Old 12-11-2007 | 07:27 AM
Garage Park / Ikon

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
Which work wheel are you going to be getting or are you gonna keep it a surprise?
hehe yeah im gonna keep it a surprise until they come in

Originally Posted by lenjaiah
damn i miss my lude...

i see u around in HT and PP and the rest of the lude forums. your lude is HOTTT for sure. was going to do a shave bay like you but I had to let the lude go. Never though u will get a TL... why is that?

I am waiting to see which wheels ur gona put on. must be really sick.
i will take a guess... Varianza T1S???
oh really you had a lude too? thats crazy haha, how come you think i would never get a TL? kinda got tired of driving 2dr cars all the time, so i opted for a 4dr and always like the 3rd gen TL style.

nope not the varianza t1s, though those are nice wheels too!
Old 12-11-2007 | 09:09 AM
Senior Moderator

That is pretty sick!

Question, won't the chrome pit after time from the brake dust?
Old 12-11-2007 | 10:33 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Originally Posted by cTLgo
That is pretty sick!

I don't believe they are real Chrome. Grex/Greddy came out with a set of calipers a few years back with the same chrome look finish. It is either a painted or powdercoated finish.
Old 12-11-2007 | 04:39 PM
Garage Park / Ikon

Originally Posted by cTLgo
That is pretty sick!

nah i dont think so, the finish is pretty easy to clean, just mild soap and water and it cleans right off.

i have the blue bbk for my prelude, and it has some brake dust stains that is hard to remove, compared to the chrome ones

Originally Posted by JDM5lugHatch
I don't believe they are real Chrome. Grex/Greddy came out with a set of calipers a few years back with the same chrome look finish. It is either a painted or powdercoated finish.
im not entirely sure, how the finish it, but its definetly not paint, it could be a special metal coat, called (rays metallic coat) which is usually used on wheels, which is a metal coat thats sprayed on in a similiar fashion like powercoating, that is what high dollar wheels companies use like Volk and Work does for their chrome wheels.

i acutally did hit my rim against the caliper while reinstalling the wheels, it made a small dent in to the caliper, but didnt not chip the finish off, which kinda make me believe that it could be chrome plated
Old 12-11-2007 | 05:27 PM
BORICUA

Nice.
Witch WORK wheels did you get?
Old 12-11-2007 | 05:40 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by PPLAPW
I can tell you don't like cheap...
Not being mean, but isn't Rotora cheap? I mean, among the various BBK out there? Not necessarily cheap quality, as i have never owned Rotora, and run a different brand of bbk myself, but cheap as in price. Can anybody compare the difference of Rotora to other brands, like Endless? I'm talking about quality wise.
Old 12-11-2007 | 05:51 PM
Garage Park / Ikon

Originally Posted by TSXinHI
Not being mean, but isn't Rotora cheap? I mean, among the various BBK out there? Not necessarily cheap quality, as i have never owned Rotora, and run a different brand of bbk myself, but cheap as in price. Can anybody compare the difference of Rotora to other brands, like Endless? I'm talking about quality wise.

Rotora isnt cheap, i used to think that before a friend purchased a kit, and i inspected the quality of the product. they are by far one of the better kits out there..

brembo, stoptech, rotora, endless, project mu, greddy, and a few other i cant remember are all top quality

cheap quality to me would be something like ksport or d2 bbk..

endless you have to remember are paying a very high price for their low end stuff when it comes to the US.. its a 2800 bucks for a endless bbk for my prelude, and thats a solid, 11.5 inch rotor, not much bigger then stock (11.1 inch rotor) , and the rotor isnt even a 2-piece, like stop tech or rotora for the price of 1800 usd.

just like tein suspension, tein in japan is considered the "poor mans" coilover.. the better ones over there are like HKS, JIC etc..

but tein works damn good for me, and for the price, i will buy again

the people running the show at rotora are japanese, which i think i read some where the founder is from japan.

but quality wise, the rotora kit is very very high quality and the price tag wasnt cheap either.. it was in the neighborhood of 2000 usd per axle.. but you`ll have to get exact pricing from josh if you wanted to get a set yourself
Old 12-11-2007 | 07:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Wow! Those are sick man! Wonderful look with wonderful performance! As others said, awesome pic quality!

Old 12-11-2007 | 07:18 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mykizism
Rotora isnt cheap, i used to think that before a friend purchased a kit, and i inspected the quality of the product. they are by far one of the better kits out there..

brembo, stoptech, rotora, endless, project mu, greddy, and a few other i cant remember are all top quality

endless you have to remember are paying a very high price for their low end stuff when it comes to the US.. its a 2800 bucks for a endless bbk for my prelude, and thats a solid, 11.5 inch rotor, not much bigger then stock (11.1 inch rotor) , and the rotor isnt even a 2-piece, like stop tech or rotora for the price of 1800 usd.

just like tein suspension, tein in japan is considered the "poor mans" coilover.. the better ones over there are like HKS, JIC etc..

the people running the show at rotora are japanese, which i think i read some where the founder is from japan.

but quality wise, the rotora kit is very very high quality and the price tag wasnt cheap either.. it was in the neighborhood of 2000 usd per axle.. but you`ll have to get exact pricing from josh if you wanted to get a set yourself
Thanks for the info. Good to know. It's good to hear some stuff about Rotora as i don't know anybody who has them. I'm currently running Endless 6 pots in their special chrome finish for my fronts, so i'm not in the market for brakes, but it's always good to gather information for future purchases/cars etc.
Old 12-11-2007 | 07:53 PM
Instructor

yep, BAD ASS ! I've always wanted to see those on a car. Didn't think when I did, that it would end up being a TL Id see em on ha nice ! ..
Old 12-11-2007 | 07:55 PM
Instructor

Wow thats expensive !!!
Old 12-11-2007 | 08:30 PM
Pro

oh really you had a lude too? thats crazy haha, how come you think i would never get a TL? kinda got tired of driving 2dr cars all the time, so i opted for a 4dr and always like the 3rd gen TL style.

nope not the varianza t1s, though those are nice wheels too!
yea i know a few peeps who had a lude and now driving a TL - must be a HONDA thing. but for sure my next car would not be a honda.

any updated pics of the lude??????? if so... MUST POST!!!
Old 12-11-2007 | 08:35 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Originally Posted by TSXinHI

They are in a whole different class. Endless, Stoptech, and Brembo's are the best of the best. The rotoras are nice though and they do offer a noticable night and day improvement over stock. Then again any bbk will. Just some do it better at a much higher cost. Seriously though a lot of people don't have 2k-7k to drop on some Endless brakes.
Old 12-11-2007 | 08:46 PM
Now with i-Vtec

I agree with most of this.

Although k-sport is taiwanese apparently so is rotora. from threads I have read anyways. The k-sport BBK's are expensive as well. I can't say whether or not they are of good quality as they just started selling them however, they appear to be popular along with their coilovers in Japan.

JIC isn't known for street reliabilty. They are meant for the track and require a lot of maint.. I for one am not a fan of Tein. I have had their coilovers and refuse to ever use their coilovers again. Obviously there are a lot of coilover manufacturers that aren't well known here. Like Bridgestone has coilovers but we probably won't ever see them here. Gab, Zeal, Cusco, HKS, JIC, Tein, BuddyClub, man this list could literally go on forever haha...

Bottom line I would give the Rotora's a try if they were offered at a steal of a price. Otherwise I would just get the spoon forged calipers.
Old 12-11-2007 | 09:13 PM
Advanced

*cargasm*
Old 12-11-2007 | 09:20 PM
Advanced

They are in a whole different class. Endless, Stoptech, and Brembo's are the best of the best. The rotoras are nice though and they do offer a noticable night and day improvement over stock. Then again any bbk will. Just some do it better at a much higher cost. Seriously though a lot of people don't have 2k-7k to drop on some Endless brakes.
That's why i went with Endless. I know it's expensive compared to the other brands, especially with the finish i got, but Endless has that reputation, and i don't mind paying for that. Not saying something is wrong with his Rotoras, in fact they probably do the exact same thing as my 6pot Endless, assuming he doesn't track his car. As for paying x amount for Endless, personally, if i'm going to do a mod, i'm going to get what i consider the best.

Good deals for the OP though, his front/rear setup probably cost the same as my fronts alone (minus 2 pots and chrome bell housing). But still, can't go wrong with front/rear bbk at a good price...as long as you can stop in time when you really need to, thats all that counts.
Old 12-11-2007 | 09:41 PM
Blanka

these are gonna look sick behind the Work VSXX

Old 12-11-2007 | 09:46 PM
Racer

^^Sup Mamita^^
Yes Sir well done!!!!
Old 12-11-2007 | 10:18 PM
B A N N E D

god damn it looks hot i like it.
Old 12-11-2007 | 10:25 PM
Garage Park / Ikon

Originally Posted by mamitaxchula
these are gonna look sick behind the Work VSXX

haha

<-- owned
Old 12-12-2007 | 10:58 AM
Intermediate

damn those are noce man!
Old 12-12-2007 | 07:11 PM
Racer

How much did the entire set cost you, im interested
Old 12-12-2007 | 08:56 PM
tehLEGOman

Gold VS-XXs? or aluminum finish?
Old 12-13-2007 | 01:34 AM
Instructor

wow sexy as hell
Old 12-13-2007 | 03:00 PM
Garage Park / Ikon

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
Gold VS-XXs? or aluminum finish?
i paid the extra dollar, and got them in the chrome finish

:update:

here are some pics of them on the car

'

Old 12-13-2007 | 03:10 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Pics on the car look great!! Not sure about the chrome wheels, though...not that I have a problem with chrome wheels (I don't, but most here do), but picturing it in my head, I'm not seeing any contrast between the calipers and the wheels. Still, looking forward to pics. VS-XX look good on the TL.
Old 12-13-2007 | 03:33 PM
Garage Park / Ikon

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Pics on the car look great!! Not sure about the chrome wheels, though...not that I have a problem with chrome wheels (I don't, but most here do), but picturing it in my head, I'm not seeing any contrast between the calipers and the wheels. Still, looking forward to pics. VS-XX look good on the TL.
yeah i normally dont like chrome wheels, but work has a special chrome finish that isnt like other wheels. its not chrome dipped or plated. its a special powder coat process that they use.

its makes the face look very silky smooth, plus with the wheels being 20 inchs the space between the wheel and rotor will be enlarged so the contrast of the caliper will be there (not colorwise though)

trust me i felt the same way you did, i took a lot of time and consideration into making the decision, i think the chrome will will bring the attention in, then when people see the chrome caliper it will put them in awe.
Old 12-13-2007 | 03:49 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

i think black wheels would highlight the calipers

but man, you are SLAMMED!
Old 12-14-2007 | 01:08 AM
Racer

Black rim / chrome lip A+
Old 12-20-2007 | 01:16 PM
My Garage not

good gawd that is sick. waiting on pics with the rims on!
Old 12-20-2007 | 02:43 PM
I used to own a

Holy crap, you are in Houston too...where do all of the Houston TL people hang out? Nice brakes too man!
Old 12-20-2007 | 03:43 PM
Former Sponsor

These wheels would look Murederous with those calipers, I mean NUTS!

We can even powdercoat the lips WDP, but I think that might be a little contradictory. I've seen a white Mercedes SL600 with maroon centers and a white lip, it looks beatiful because the maroon centers matched the interior leather, but he didn't have chrome calipers tho.

Old 12-20-2007 | 07:50 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Originally Posted by rondog

We can even powdercoat the lips WDP, but I think that might be a little contradictory. I've seen a white Mercedes SL600 with maroon centers and a white lip, it looks beatiful because the maroon centers matched the interior leather, but he didn't have chrome calipers tho.

hopefully they don't break like the 1 piece devotions....
Old 12-20-2007 | 11:06 PM
B A N N E D

Very nice! Me likey!!
Old 01-20-2008 | 11:15 PM
Blanka

Originally Posted by deematic
^^Sup Mamita^^
Yes Sir well done!!!!
Whattup Dre!

Originally Posted by rondog

[img]img[/img]
Wanna throw in a RonJon Commercial too? I believe he already has wheels on order...Work Wheels VSxx

hopefully they don't break like the 1 piece devotions....

To the OP...sorry for the ownage! n e ways...Love the BBK almost put it up as my computer wallpaper...almost.

Quick Reply: Rotora BBK Front and Rear Special Chrome