Post Pics of TL's with HRE Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 11:02 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Pics of TL's with HRE Wheels

Im about to buy some just want to get an idea of what some of them look like on the car. Post if you have stock suspension or Aspec suspension or aftermarket. Thanks guys
Old 06-27-2005, 01:26 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
them mofo's got sum sh*tty cust. service man. they treat u like royalty when u are serious bout purchasing some from them, but after the deal is done and u want to let them know bout a problem u got wit their rims, they do anything to try to avoid fixin the problem. mah uncle bought some 19x9 545r's from them for his gs400, but the lug pattern was not right. they sent him some 6 lug hre's. ahhah. (he tried to put them on his 4runner to blow off steam). called hre and they said they would fix it asap. they estimated at the most 2 months, sinc ehe was priority. 3 months rolled around. 4 months, 5, mah birthday and a few more in between and still none. almost 7 months later, they arrived, but he didnt feel for em too much as he did before. he called almost every 2 weeks to check status and they gave him same bs everytime that it was nearly done. long story short, sold the hre's, sold the gs, sold all his real estate properties and moved to southeast coast. only good thing bout hre is that the packaging is awesome where it looks like the wheels were strapped wit a condom and the phone number lookin prices on each rim. juss playin. i wouldn't deal wit em man. get sum mayas, volks, advans or something. ditch hre, iforged, n shit like that man
Old 06-27-2005, 10:25 AM
Intermediate

im pretty much set on some 542r wheels. anyone have any pics of a tl with hre wheels?
Old 06-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
a little searching goes a long way:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=hre%2A
Old 06-27-2005, 01:36 PM
Intermediate

any others with hre wheels?
Old 06-27-2005, 09:29 PM
Burning Brakes

why bother with spending soooo much money with HREs? they claim to be strong wheels but almost all clubs are banning them due to numerous failures.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=40476

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...947&forum_id=6

Old 06-28-2005, 03:59 AM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Go with Volk if you have enough money for HRE, not worth the quality, alot of negative press lately on iforged as well. May want to look into the ronjon devotion's
Old 06-28-2005, 08:02 AM
Advanced

Should consider Fikse wheels.
http://www.fikse.com/
Old 06-29-2005, 01:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Lokius
Go with Volk if you have enough money for HRE, not worth the quality, alot of negative press lately on iforged as well. May want to look into the ronjon devotion's
aren't they all built from the same manufacture?
Old 06-29-2005, 02:18 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by 3PUTT
why bother with spending soooo much money with HREs? they claim to be strong wheels but almost all clubs are banning them due to numerous failures.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=40476

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...947&forum_id=6

Your a clown. HRE has made THOUSANDS of wheels for years now, because one of them failed (AND WHEELS DO FAIL) and some tools with NO CLUE linked pics all over the net, you are an expert?

You have no idea. For one HRE never claimed to be a racing wheel. But their R&D is incredible for a wheel company. The quality IS top notch. And NO ONE HAS VERIFIED HRE BEING BANNED ANYWHERE NEWB.

Now people are saying Fiske and Kinesis like they have a clue. You don't. And for ANY TL, those wheels are over engineered for the car anyway.

HRE is still one of the best brands available, I love I-forged but if those wheels don't almost all look IDENTICAL to HRE, well that is flattering to HRE. Volks are good wheels, You don'g need Fiske or Kinesis unless you race on weekends, and you need to have a spare set of racing wheels anyway.

I haven't even gone into O.Z, Work, BBS, etc etc....
Old 06-29-2005, 02:44 AM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Like i said Volk is where its at on an acura, but work and bbs are good options as well. stay out of hre territory..
Old 06-29-2005, 04:54 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by AcuraGT-3
Your a clown. HRE has made THOUSANDS of wheels for years now, because one of them failed (AND WHEELS DO FAIL) and some tools with NO CLUE linked pics all over the net, you are an expert?

You have no idea. For one HRE never claimed to be a racing wheel. But their R&D is incredible for a wheel company. The quality IS top notch. And NO ONE HAS VERIFIED HRE BEING BANNED ANYWHERE NEWB.

Now people are saying Fiske and Kinesis like they have a clue. You don't. And for ANY TL, those wheels are over engineered for the car anyway.

HRE is still one of the best brands available, I love I-forged but if those wheels don't almost all look IDENTICAL to HRE, well that is flattering to HRE. Volks are good wheels, You don'g need Fiske or Kinesis unless you race on weekends, and you need to have a spare set of racing wheels anyway.

Who made you high and mighty buddy, all I did was make a brand suggestion. Man you need to get that I'm all high and might stick out of your ass and be a little friendlier on the forum.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:58 AM
Does anyone read this

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Your calling him a newbie when you have only been on here for like 3 months?????
Old 06-30-2005, 05:25 PM
Racer

Might wanna do a search over at BMW forums about HRE quality... I personally have seen another defect a while ago on some guy's BMW... but yeah...maybe these are just 2 out of thousands of HRE... good luck.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:02 PM
Renaissance Man

But their R&D is incredible for a wheel company.
Really? Looks like they machine the same designs from a forged aluminum blank and attach it to standard spun wheel outers with standard bolts. Their R&D barely exists. Custom offsets? Please. All they do is change the width of the two wheel outers. The greatest extent of their R&D is "hidden hardware", and then they just screw in the connectors on the other side. The price you pay for HRE and iForged goes into the labor involved for someone to sit and babysit the CNC mill and for someone else to screw the pieces together.

BTW, no wheel can EVER be over-engineered for a car. Ever. The better the design, the better the design, period. The wheel (and tire) is arguably the most important part of the car, as it controls everything involved in moving the car, whether acceleration, deceleration, or turning. And if you think that a racing wheel design is over-engineered, take a look at the stock wheels on the TL. Five spokes 2 inches thick and 3 inches wide with a hub about 8 inches in diameter. That is over-engineered. For good reason.

So, to the original poster, I say go with the wheel that you like best, no matter who makes it or how much it costs. And make sure it is ASE certified or similarly certified with another engineering association. That will guarantee you get a wheel that is strong enough. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:17 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Kinesis makes some really nice 3 piece wheels.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:26 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Canon1D
Might wanna do a search over at BMW forums about HRE quality... I personally have seen another defect a while ago on some guy's BMW... but yeah...maybe these are just 2 out of thousands of HRE... good luck.
The wheels have been sold for years. You cannot search ONE forum and say the quality is bad. EVERY WHEEL COMPANY will have a bad set, a bad wheel and an issue. THen you don't know if someone will just handle the problem or cry about it on the internet with no clue to getting a solution. BBS, Kinesis, I-forged, O.Z (just watch F-1), Work all fail. The MAIN reason is people think they can buy these expensive wheels and track them, go home, wash the car, drive on the street like norman, then go back to the track. Double Duty kills these wheels. Those that know, have two sets of wheels, one to track, one for street. Its like drag racing or going to the local strip, its cool to go in OEM tires but if you really want good times, try a street-slick, it will help your time tons.

Originally Posted by Donte99TL
Your calling him a newbie when you have only been on here for like 3 months?????
You have black wheels on a FWD black Tl, nuff said. I mean newbie as in experience with automobiles, not post count. Sigh...I guess you need 30,000 posts to earn your respect.
Originally Posted by C The "S"
Who made you high and mighty buddy, all I did was make a brand suggestion. Man you need to get that I'm all high and might stick out of your ass and be a little friendlier on the forum.
That is b/c its tiring reading posts by people that have no clue. They see a link or 1 person complains and they think they know ALL about the damn company.
Originally Posted by Flanagan
Really? Looks like they machine the same designs from a forged aluminum blank and attach it to standard spun wheel outers with standard bolts. Their R&D barely exists. Custom offsets? Please. All they do is change the width of the two wheel outers. The greatest extent of their R&D is "hidden hardware", and then they just screw in the connectors on the other side. The price you pay for HRE and iForged goes into the labor involved for someone to sit and babysit the CNC mill and for someone else to screw the pieces together.

BTW, no wheel can EVER be over-engineered for a car. Ever. The better the design, the better the design, period. The wheel (and tire) is arguably the most important part of the car, as it controls everything involved in moving the car, whether acceleration, deceleration, or turning. And if you think that a racing wheel design is over-engineered, take a look at the stock wheels on the TL. Five spokes 2 inches thick and 3 inches wide with a hub about 8 inches in diameter. That is over-engineered. For good reason.

So, to the original poster, I say go with the wheel that you like best, no matter who makes it or how much it costs. And make sure it is ASE certified or similarly certified with another engineering association. That will guarantee you get a wheel that is strong enough. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Overnegineered as in HREs in 19s will cost around 5k. The TL costs 35k. That is 10% of the price. And the HREs are painstakingly made, the TL is made in Ohio with the Accord. HRE is too much for the car.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:35 PM
ASP
Earl Shod

I don't see any photos of TLs with HRE wheels on them.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:35 PM
Boondocks fanatic.....

Overnegineered as in HREs in 19s will cost around 5k. The TL costs 35k. That is 10% of the price. And the HREs are painstakingly made, the TL is made in Ohio with the Accord. HRE is too much for the car.
Puuleeeaze. HRE wheels are not too much for the TL. I think they look great on 3rd gen TLs. If they weren't so damn expensive I'd put them on my TL but I'm not gonna spend 4 to 5 grand for just a set of rims.

Almost forgot, painstakingly made? You actually believe that garbage? Their designs are cut from a machine just like any other wheel.........
Old 07-01-2005, 07:11 AM
Intermediate

well anyways. im still buying hre's for my car. so can people please post pics of tl's with them? n stop changing the topic? Thanks guys
Old 07-01-2005, 08:08 AM
Pro

I love mine. 19"x 8.5 - 547's
Old 07-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Advanced

That is b/c its tiring reading posts by people that have no clue. They see a link or 1 person complains and they think they know ALL about the damn company.
You know you shouldn't make such assumptions and rub people the wrong way. By the way I did do a google search about HRE rims being banned and it seems to be on a lot of forums.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:08 AM
Does anyone read this

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You have black wheels on a FWD black Tl, nuff said. I mean newbie as in experience with automobiles, not post count. Sigh...I guess you need 30,000 posts to earn your respect.
Is this really your come back to the quote I made of your post. If it is you made yourself look like an idiot.

Oh no I have black wheels on a FWD black TL. What a sin.....What are you the fashion police now.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:58 AM
TLs on 19s

if you have the money for HRE wheels don't let anyone talk you out of it. . and all the b.s about failure. . who gives a fuk i thought acura was a strong car. .. i have had 4 trannys in 25,000 miles . . what happen there? ? ?? you don't see me posting negative shit about acura. . . . i mean i wish i could drive my car and not other cars!! yea i get pissed off then. . but when i have my car i love it!!! so go for the HRE's be different !!! VOLK to me are to racer style. . . u say i have HRE i say u have a CLASSY CAR!!!! (fast or not)!!
Old 07-02-2005, 11:15 PM
ediddy

Hre and Volks are both great wheels.....you can't go wrong with either one........now gentlemen lets all be civil here.....no need to curse at eachother or curse period........I personally like volk for japanese cars and I associate hre's with euro cars but that doesn't mean hre's don't look good on japanese cars.......let's all get along here
Old 07-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Burning Brakes

you can't have black wheels on a fwd car? says who? link please.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:28 AM
Disturbin' The Peace!

Personally bro, I would look at running iForged if I were you. Not as expensive as the HRE's, and alot nicer looking! Heres the link. http://www.iforged.com
Old 07-12-2005, 10:50 PM
Instructor

Iforged has been having their own issues as far as quality/service from the fbody community.

I'd look into ccw wheels over Iforged wheels personally.