Pics of 19" RonJon Legend Liquid Silver out of the box

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007 | 08:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Pics of 19" RonJon Legend Liquid Silver out of the box

I got a bunch of pics out of the box of the Liquid Silvers that i just got today!!

I have to say, that in the sunlight or with a camera with a flash they look really bright. If they are not in the light they look more of a dull/flat greyish silver finish.

Sorry i couldn't use photoshop, to highlight some of the areas there are probably about 10-15 small pit looking areas on the rims where the metal is not smooth. They look like small little pin prics that come outward from the rims that must be from forming.

They do not look bad at all and only about 2 of them are noticeable from a few feet, the other ones you have to have your hands on to feel or really really look hard.

From the back side of the rim there was one big scratch, but no one will ever know.

Also looking from the rear into the inside of the rims they are pretty beat up inside as well, but it probably doesn't matter too much i guess.

They came packaged perfectly and none of the boxes were damaged.

Also notice the made in Taiwan stamp on each of the rims, that doesn't count as JDM right? LOL

Overall i would have to say that the quality is not as good as the Giovanna's that i currently have, but for $345 a rim the cost is on par with the quality.

Let me know what you think...

Old 06-11-2007 | 08:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Made in Taiwan
Old 06-11-2007 | 09:11 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

Cant wait to see how it looks on the car.
Old 06-11-2007 | 09:15 PM
Burning Brakes

They will be on Tomorrow!

I can't help but thinking i should have bought the Liquid Graphite for my Desert Mist.... It is so hard picking rims for it, i have only seen 3 other ones in the last six months, none of them were 6-speeds, none of them had an a-spec kit and none of them had the black interior so tough choices
Old 06-11-2007 | 09:23 PM
FOR SALE - BM

i didn't even get a chance to look at my rims thoroughly... i put them on asap...
Old 06-11-2007 | 09:26 PM
Safety Car

Taiwan? I don't know what to say about that. Japan is known for top quality.
Old 06-11-2007 | 09:37 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by desper
They will be on Tomorrow!

I can't help but thinking i should have bought the Liquid Graphite for my Desert Mist.... It is so hard picking rims for it, i have only seen 3 other ones in the last six months, none of them were 6-speeds, none of them had an a-spec kit and none of them had the black interior so tough choices
They are going to look fantastic. I can't wait to see the pictures
Old 06-11-2007 | 09:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JD TL-S

That was the point i was trying to make... When i think of Taiwan i think of sweatshops and happy meal toys.... Didn't know they were being made there, which is probably why they are not perfect, but probably also why they are $345 and not $645 a piece
Old 06-11-2007 | 09:47 PM
VS#03

Originally Posted by JD TL-S
I can imagine that they were reasonable to mass produce, since they're made in Taiwan. So........they should be reasonable to purchase, since they're not produce in Japan........they should be reasonable........right?. What do a set of 20inch Legends go for?.

Kevin
Old 06-11-2007 | 10:00 PM
Safety Car

Yah if the quality is good, the price is right. I just don't know if Taiwan certifies wheels like Japan. Just an observation and not sure of quality.
Old 06-11-2007 | 10:53 PM
Former Sponsor

The quality is just as good as the OEM wheels, I've never seen a wheel withabsolutely no inperfections in them, unless they are Machined face, where all the paint is removed from the face. And there are plenty of companies who produce wheels in Taiwan, actually, we opted to go with the current factory over any other factories because of the higher level of quality. I've seen alot of wheels in my job, and these impressed me the most, down to the centercap and finish. I don't know why I have the feeling like I have to defend myself from a customer who purchased the wheels. Did you know that the Giovanna wheels you are comparing them to are made in China, which absolutely says nothing good or bad about them. Heck, even American racing wheels are made in China, thats where most wheels are made.

Desper, you are welcome to return them without a problem, everyone else who has received their wheels has had nothing but good things to say about them, I really don't get you, you purchase the wheels and this is the second time you knock them????
If you had any experience in the wheel industry (which you don't so i can't really blame you) you would understand that a country of origin cannot mean High or low quality, that is old fashioned ignorance and prejudice.

And for those who wonder, the wheels are certified JWL and VIA approved, see on the boxes in the top left corner, and on the wheels they are there as well.

and please, tell me if you see any belmishes on this wheel I took out of the box and shot.
You can't compare a painted wheel surface to a chrome plated surface, they are totally different animals...

Old 06-11-2007 | 11:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Listen, some people have to put others down, I don't really understand the psychology behind it, but he has been dissing my company twice already and yet he bought the wheels??? We pride ourselves in high quality and affordablility. if some customers are looking for higher priced wheels, so be it, we have a new 3 piece wheel that cost more than double, but for the engineering (low pressure cast painted wheels) and the competition, we have to price point the wheels fairly.

What pisses me off is the sheer ignorance and prejudice that displayed when this is said, "made in Taiwan must be bad quality". Why do you think the US has no wheel companies, because the quality was sooo poor that all the companies decided to go elsewhere, and what is even worse if the service american companies provide, like kiss my ass, we aren't standing behind what we made. I've dealt with 5 over seas factories, and they will go as far as flying out 3 or more representatives to actually see a problem in person and make the company feel confident that they know what they are doing. I've dealt with 3 domestic companies, and they all went bankrupt, with HUGE delays and poor inconsistant quality, liek 1 out of 3 wheels was defective. And don't tell me price made the US companies go under, becuase if that was the case, then GM and Ford with their rock bottom discounts and incentives would have made it back tot he top by now.

I've been around, and I wish I could make wheels in Japan for Double the cost, but it makes no sense, the quality is not justified by the MUCH higher costs and required minimums.

BTW, here are my Liquid Silvers, I cannot compalon about the finish, in sun or shade, they look very unique and exotic:

Sun:

Shade:

in the garage with little light:
Old 06-11-2007 | 11:27 PM
Safety Car

RJ, I don't think you need to defend your own products. You, out of anyone out here, should know the quality behind them, and the craftsmanship. Of course, I can relate to how someone that puts this much effort into making their product to perfection, having a customer put it down... be somewhat of a kick to the balls. I'm sure he's just nit-picking as a lot of people are very picky about the tiniest irrelevant things(even me)...but when it comes down to it...a quality product will speak for itself disregarding tiny imperfections. Yours sure does!
Old 06-11-2007 | 11:39 PM
Burning Brakes

OK,

First of all i must not dislike your company if i purchased rims from your company.

Second of all i never said they were of poor quality, my statement was to rebut the initial statement of another member who knocked on the Taiwan thing.

Third. i never saw anything posted anywhere to indicate that the wheels were made in Taiwan. I was happy as hell when i got the wheels, i have been waiting for a couple of weeks to get them. and when they came to work my boss wanted to see them so we opened them up and he flipped one over and he said, "hey these things are made in Taiwan" I didn't know what to say, aside from they are really nice wheels and i did not know that they were.

I never meant to say they were of poor quality, if you look back at previous statments i always said that the quality of the wheel was on par with the price. If i were to pay $645 a rim i better not see any dam inperfections on them at all anywhere. I said you could only see 2 of them from a few feet away and the rest of them were hardly noticeable.

The only thing i wondered is if all of the rims had as much damage inside the back of the rims that mine did, i clearly stated that it probably woundn't matter.

I really don't want to say anymore on this topic, i only wanted everyone to see what i got and what they should expect. If you think that people are bashing your company and they still are buiyng your products then you are doing something right.

Oh, i do not want a refund i am happy with the rims..... just trying to let everyone know what to expect before they spend over $1000 that is all and there is nothing wrong with it and it is not biased.

Thanks

Adam Desper
Old 06-11-2007 | 11:44 PM
I'm in

I think the wheels look great.... Even more with these pictures, I can't wait to order my Type II's.

And Ron, I know it makes you upset (it make me mad), but customers will always have their nit picks or what not. But if I were you, I wouldn't let it bother me since I know the effort and quality that went into these wheels/your products. If it wasn't for you, 3G'ers wouldn't have your awesome products.

And Desper, to me the wheels will look great once mounted. Although I feel the Graphite would look better.
Old 06-11-2007 | 11:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Also,

I said the Liquid Silvers look bright in the sun and more dull in the shade, becuase of all of the differences of all of the pics in the thread.

Here is the one that you Photochopped for me the bottom is liquid silver.

The second pic is of the actual wheel that i recieived. It is very nice, but it does not look as "chrome" as the photochop, or as much as some of the other pics on your vote for rims thread.

I can understand your position on being defensive about your products, but i didn't bash you in any way, and no one else on this thread had anything negative to say about the pics. So please take a deep breath and read through my intitial post and the one before it and i hope you realize that nothting in there was anti- Ron Jon. There is nothting wrong with a clear discussion of the facts that are represented by the rims that i received.

I am getting them mounted tomorrow..

thanks

Adam
Old 06-11-2007 | 11:53 PM
Former Sponsor

It seems liek your boss influenced you in a negative way by saying something negative about them being from Taiwan, you shouldn't be so easilly affected by a tool who has no idea about quality or the country of origin. As for the back of the wheel, I already confronted my rep at the factory, and it seems like the lug nuts were not wrapped in bubble wrap, so we had to crack open every single box and reput the lug nuts in the corner where they wouldn't bang up the back of the wheel, seems liek they must have done some insignificant damage to the hub before we got to them. But these small things have to be encountered before they can be resolved, and no real harm was done.
Maybe I was a little harsh in my defence, but it seems like you were a little too paul revere-ish in your approach, got a real negative vibe from your post and already got a few emails from potential customers asking about the quality. Now I got to spend a few nights defending what I feel needs no defense, thanks for making me work harder than before, when I already have a shitload of crap I have to deal with from UPS rejecting ANY claim I make and fraud from counterfeit cc's, the beauty of any business is in the headaches. On top of that, there's another thread about the TPMS which was perfectly fine, but now I get calls and emails out the wazoo asking about the compatibility due to the thread, which ended up being hr customer's own fault. All I got to say is please ask me or tell me your thoughts before posting something, because i'm not going to be able to defend myself as well as I am accused of anything.

Lets leave it at that.
Old 06-11-2007 | 11:59 PM
Former Sponsor

and for the record, those who think I'm swimming in money, I still have a freelance graphic design business where I work for my competing wheel companies doing all their brand name designing, even wheel designs. Every last dollar I make from profit gets oput back into tooling and experimental advertising in hopes for a grandslam strike of luck. I just love doing this and work 23 hours a day to get this thing off the ground. My efforts get watered down from this, a kick in the balls is an understatement. And thats why I'm so ready to retaliate to this.
Old 06-12-2007 | 12:02 AM
Burning Brakes

RonDog is correct on this issue..

I should have def brought it up with him first, I have purchased items from many vendors here, SuperComputers, Excellerate, RetroFitSource, RonJon and more.

RonDog has been nothing but good to deal with before this and was always quick to reply emails and PM's.

I guess when i saw something that i wasn't expecting i didn't think it through like i should have..
Old 06-12-2007 | 01:00 AM
Intermediate

well, let me say that i took a look at my legends when i got them today and they looked perfect, i didn't see any blemishes on them. i got them mounted today and this evening after closer inspection the damn tire shop scratched up some of the outer edges of the lug holes pretty good. i waited months for these and to think they got scratched up before i even drove them off the lot really ruins it for me. i'm pretty pissed about it and i don't think going back to complain will get me new wheels.
Old 06-12-2007 | 01:20 AM
iDrink

would love to see this in person. pm me adam, from what i can see, it looks real good
Old 06-12-2007 | 04:57 AM
Safety Car

Good answers about Quality

I was just wondering about the quality and if Taiwan certified wheels. I never said anything bad or negative. I think they look great Better then any other wheel they make, IMO. I think the price is good, but low pressure cast isn't anything great, unless they are very true and not too heavy.

I would like to see more specs on the website. Weight of every size would be nice. I recently cancelled an order with a Work Varianza 19x8.5" wheel because I was told it weighed 25#, then later told it was 28# or so. This is a spec all wheels should show when considering. IT IS one of the things I consider very important. Not just looks, but quality, weight, then looks.

You got a great looking wheel there, I just wish all the specs were there to see when considering a purchase. And want to see real pics on real cars in diff colors and sizes, not C.G. photos.

I know the wheels I purchased were very expensive, but the quality was perfect. Not a single pin hole or imperfection at all. And the weight is probably almost 1/2 the weight of low pressure cast. Wheels, tires and brakes are the most important thing on a car. Safety is #1.

Good luck with sales Looking forward to seeing many more
Old 06-12-2007 | 06:58 AM
Burning Brakes

You see so much anti-china news anymore..you know? Don't know who to believe, seems like everything is made in China (or Taiwan).
Usually the old excuse is that since they are made in China, they needed to do so to be "cost competitive"(or is it more profit?)
RonJons are not inexpensive wheels! Seems a shame they couldn't have found
someone in the USA to produce them.
Old 06-12-2007 | 09:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Word, so now that we are over this, lets see some pics of the 19" on your car. Its so weird, the 18" are nice, but the 19" are so much better looking when mounted with 235/35/19. I don't think you will be disapointed with the finish. With Dessert sand mist, you kinda have to be careful, since it's not such a common color, you have to play the conservative route with the Liquid Silver IMO. Also, the Liquid Silver will be more noticeable as an aftermarket wheel with a touch of luxury over the sporty look of the Liquid Graphite. DSM and LS go well together.

Originally Posted by S PAW 1
You see so much anti-china news anymore..you know? Don't know who to believe, seems like everything is made in China (or Taiwan).
Usually the old excuse is that since they are made in China, they needed to do so to be "cost competitive"(or is it more profit?)
RonJons are not inexpensive wheels! Seems a shame they couldn't have found
someone in the USA to produce them.

There is no single LPC wheel manufacturer's in the US, they wouldn't last a month with the expertice and competition over in Asia, thats just the reality of it. MHT and American racing used to make the wheels over here and had to shift due to the industry, costs and quality. The next best thing would be to make them in Mexico, but I have yet to find a company who makes the wheels there, or a factory over there. Read the whole thread if you can, I had 3 suppliers in the US, they all went bankrupt, they were forged wheel suppliers. Lack of consistency, poor customer service and extreme delays put them under.
Old 06-12-2007 | 10:27 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by desper
RonDog is correct on this issue..

I should have def brought it up with him first, I have purchased items from many vendors here, SuperComputers, Excellerate, RetroFitSource, RonJon and more.

RonDog has been nothing but good to deal with before this and was always quick to reply emails and PM's.

I guess when i saw something that i wasn't expecting i didn't think it through like i should have..
+1 Glad you said that Desper...way to make a wrong into a right!

This was exactly what I was going to say (after I read the rest of the banter). When dealing with a business, you HAVE to give them the opportunity to correct what you perceive to be a wrong first, before you go public with your opinions. Because, once they are out there, it is up to public perception. Case in point, and I understand you said it wasn't, but I personally thought it was a veiled attack from the time I started reading it to the end. I was like dayyuummm! This is gonna cause a problem! LOL! A phone call to RonDog, and the wheels could have been returned, new set shipped, and RonDog can troubleshoot the problem without setting off alarms. I'm glad it's all good now and hopefully there is minimal damage control necessary for RonDog.

Like I always tell my gf when she flies off the handle: You only can control the takeoff (what you say)...not the landing (what they hear)!! Lesson learned, glad you guys worked that out! Good wheels RonDog! But I'm a Liq Graphite Inspyres man myself! Badass! Nice look for your car tho Desper! Have fun manggg!!!
Old 06-12-2007 | 09:08 PM
Burning Brakes

With out further ado, (is that spelled right?)

Anyways just got them mounted and ate some tacos, and took some pics..

I was a little worried about the finish, thinking they were a little too light and that i should have gotten the graphite ones, but once they were on i was like DAMN those things are HOT as HELL

I love the way they look, you can see everything behind them, nothing is hidden looks real good with the brembo calipers, rotora slotteds, and TEIN SS

VERY HAPPY!!!!

OHHH, one last thing, if i caused anyone to prematurely worry about the quality DO NOT, these things are sick... And once they were on they very small blemishes were very hard to notice almost non existent....

AAAA+ work RonDog

Desper
Old 06-12-2007 | 09:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Dude, the way the wheels pick up the sky blue light in combination with the Beige color looks awesome, Beige and metallic light blue look so complimentary. You are better off with the Silvers, the stealthy Graphite would have been a little to contradictory with the luxury color of your car.
Glad you like em, now you can park your car in your boss's reserved spot and tell him to kiss your ass, lol.
Old 06-12-2007 | 09:16 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Looks nice Desper! I wonder how the Liquid Graphs would've looked on that color? Hmm...I know for a fact that I have to get LG for my NBP.

At any rate, car is smokin'!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another RJ success story!!
Old 06-12-2007 | 09:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rondog
Dude, the way the wheels pick up the sky blue light in combination with the Beige color looks awesome, Beige and metallic light blue look so complimentary. You are better off with the Silvers, the stealthy Graphite would have been a little to contradictory with the luxury color of your car.
Glad you like em, now you can park your car in your boss's reserved spot and tell him to kiss your ass, lol.

HA HA///

Yeah, i am loving them...

Everyone can see my point, as to how much different the color looks depending on the angle and sun/shade

The guys at the Tire shop really loved them too they all wondered where i got them at bc they have never seen an RonJon's before, NOW the know!!
Old 06-12-2007 | 11:55 PM
Advanced

Looks incredible!
Old 06-14-2007 | 10:42 AM
Safety Car

hahaha made in taiwan....thats funny...it probably cost $40 to make 6000 rims
Old 06-14-2007 | 10:45 AM
Safety Car

it looks sexy as hell though the color of the car is sick too, first time Im seeing one hooked up with that color
Old 06-14-2007 | 07:37 PM
Instructor

Those look really good.

Wish I had the money for a set.
Old 06-14-2007 | 09:49 PM
Safety Car

Looks much nicer then your other wheels. Great choice!
Old 06-14-2007 | 10:05 PM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Wheels LOOK great...

I might be purchasing a set as my winter set-up... GREAT WORK RON...
Old 07-06-2007 | 01:30 PM
Intermediate

Damn I can't wait to get a pair of Legend II's 19in with a lip...................................When I get back from Iraq. RONDOG, Put some on hold. I've been looking at these since they came out. I give a flyin f@#$ where they were made. They just look classy.

No crap, I'm coming at ya in Feb.

bigd

darksom, good call