Oh Man!!! This Is What I Want My Tl To Look Like!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DA BLACK ACK
20x8.5
5x114.3 45mm offset
tires are Nitto Extremes 245/35 Z

These rims are specifically designed to clear cars with high performance brakes (such as the brembo brakes that all the manuals have, including mine)

Just a side note: Absolutely no rubbing from these, and the ride has not changed at all (minus the added weight). If you get a soft tire your ride won't change much or at all. I'm not sure which tires are soft, but I do know Nitto and Yokohama are two. You might want to ask a dealer or distributer for some others. Hope this helps.
Well I did some research on the rims. I have the same car as you. First MHT directed me to a dealer who intern redirected me to another dealer in Houston Texas called Street Dreams. The guy there told me he had your rims in stock but didn't recomend them for the 04 TL. He told me if I purchased them in the same specs that you had that I could not return them if I had any problems because they only recomend up to 19's. I told him about your car and he didn't sound like he believed me when I told him you didn't have any rubbing. I really like your look and since we don't live around the same area I figured you wouldn't mind me biting! Thanks for your help though.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by gtiplus
Well I did some research on the rims. I have the same car as you. First MHT directed me to a dealer who intern redirected me to another dealer in Houston Texas called Street Dreams. The guy there told me he had your rims in stock but didn't recomend them for the 04 TL. He told me if I purchased them in the same specs that you had that I could not return them if I had any problems because they only recomend up to 19's. I told him about your car and he didn't sound like he believed me when I told him you didn't have any rubbing. I really like your look and since we don't live around the same area I figured you wouldn't mind me biting! Thanks for your help though.
That's funny because when my dealer called MHT, the rep he talked to on the phone said that he's never encountered a car where these wheels would not fit, and rightfully so, they're specifically designed for big calipers and rotors. That's what persuaded me to get them.

Naw that's cool, you can bite off me... (guess I can scratch florida off as one of the states I wanna move too now )
Old 05-06-2006, 09:54 PM
TotaLy LeO

Lose Black on Black are by far the best Black TL out there, mine does not even come close......just placed an order shipping monday be here next week...then we'll see......ohhh after the pics go up you may want to scratch off CALI..HEHEHEHEHE
Old 05-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TotalyLeO
Lose Black on Black are by far the best Black TL out there, mine does not even come close......just placed an order shipping monday be here next week...then we'll see......ohhh after the pics go up you may want to scratch off CALI..HEHEHEHEHE
Glad too see everyone's enjoying the look of my rims (as I refer back to my list and scratch off California)

Hmmm... guess I'm going to have to step it up and do something else to set mine apart from the rest, and this time I ain't sharing it with none of y'all (okay, I'm lying, maybe I will)
Old 05-06-2006, 10:10 PM
Racer

[QUOTE=3.2_al]oh yea this is how i want my TL too look like lol. http://www.captiveoceans.com/miscpics/monaco-23.jpg (invincible569's car )

What tint did you go with on your WDP?
Old 05-07-2006, 12:25 AM
4th Gear

does anyone have a pic with the black speedster 2 on a dark gray tl ? Da Blk ack your car looks sick what kinda drop do you have ?
Old 05-07-2006, 12:28 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jerseyac23
does anyone have a pic with the black speedster 2 on a dark gray tl ? Da Blk ack your car looks sick what kinda drop do you have ?
Thanks, that's riding on stock height.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:19 AM
Intermediate

I have those same rims on my 04 NBP. Mine are 19's though.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:24 AM
Intermediate

If you wanna see what they look like in black these are mine. They're 20" Foose Speedster II's, for those of you who chrome is not your scheme, these might suit you better.

Are you going to lower it?
Old 05-12-2006, 08:57 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2point3
Why? Thats why its not rubing!
Old 05-12-2006, 09:00 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 2point3
To be honest... I haven't decided. If I do, it won't be until after I get the body kit and it'll only be an inch at the most. The ride is still perfect the way it's sittin' so I'm hesitant to mess it up. Nice photochop though, can you put the ron jon body kit on there for me and show me what that's lookin like. PLEASE!!!!
Old 05-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Intermediate

Im a newbie at chopping. It wouldn't look right if i did it.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:05 PM
Advanced

Old 06-05-2006, 02:58 PM
B A N N E D

How much does a 2 PIECE SET COST ? because i dont wanna get screwed outta my deals. i see 3 pieces ofr like a grand a piece and 2 pieces for 650 a piece... and i dont have any idea what is what.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
car looks ncie but not really feeling the rims a kinda looks like a ninja star to me buh the rest of the car looks nice and clean man good job
Old 06-06-2006, 08:33 AM
Cruisin'

To be honest... I haven't decided. If I do, it won't be until after I get the body kit and it'll only be an inch at the most. The ride is still perfect the way it's sittin' so I'm hesitant to mess it up. Nice photochop though, can you put the ron jon body kit on there for me and show me what that's lookin like. PLEASE!!!!
Hey my car is now a spitting image of yours, so I won't put any photo's. I really appreciate the info that you gave me about a month ago. I went to a dealer in Tampa and ordered the rims and when they got in from MHT I wasn't happy because the inner part of the rims were not painted. The dealer sent them out to be painted and knocked $200.00 off the price. Once they came back from the body shop I was sooped up! They look really good on the car but obviously you know that already. I gets mad props for have a very unique set of wheels, but I give you the props and tell them that this dude uptop found them first. Holla!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:37 AM
15 Time Honda Owner

I've always been a Foose Fan!
Old 06-21-2006, 08:26 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by gtiplus
Hey my car is now a spitting image of yours, so I won't put any photo's. I really appreciate the info that you gave me about a month ago. I went to a dealer in Tampa and ordered the rims and when they got in from MHT I wasn't happy because the inner part of the rims were not painted. The dealer sent them out to be painted and knocked $200.00 off the price. Once they came back from the body shop I was sooped up! They look really good on the car but obviously you know that already. I gets mad props for have a very unique set of wheels, but I give you the props and tell them that this dude uptop found them first. Holla!
I appreciate the props and glad I can help. Yeah I had that same feeling when I got mine first put on. Admit it, everytime you walk away you turn around, look at your car and smile as you start walking backwards.

By the way, is your car stick or auto???
Old 06-22-2006, 09:13 PM
now with four rings

well since we're all showing off our work...

my car straight outta the chopshop...