My KBP BS thread, I just did WHAT???????

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 09:47 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
Originally Posted by rockstar143
dude, you have to pull the engine to even add wiper fluid. No biggy, swap the timing chain then.

luckily I had someone work for Audi Silver Spring MD gave me the inside scoop of how much labor involved lol, it does seem like Audi love to design to drop their engine even for injector replacement.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:26 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,926 Likes on 14,464 Posts
bro...
"service position" is already entire front end off!
Old 04-29-2020, 12:03 PM
Suzuka Master

bro...
"service position" is already entire front end off!

I guess at $265/ hour rate, I am surprise they haven't drop the rear subframe as well......
Old 05-09-2020, 05:44 PM
Suzuka Master

So this has been a hard week for me, as we just lost (laid off) 90% of people in my department. I was fortunate to stay and work this weekend, however on the way home I was humble at a red light along with everyone else. A Nissan decided to ran 2 red lights hit the pick up truck and flew into the TL, I tried to back up but there are no where to go as the intersection was packed. I am ok tho.

Well I guess we can't have something nice since other people decide to fuck it up. BTW the deputy found several alcohol bottles open inside the vehicle and the EMS was able to smell from her breath, GOD DAM it!!!!! its happened to me TWICE already.... The last one got totaled hopefully this one is fixable, no air bags deployed.

Old 05-09-2020, 06:39 PM
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Sorry to hear, man. You'll have it fixed in no time.

Glad you're okay.

Old 05-10-2020, 06:46 AM

I bet it won't total...it'll be close but you can probably fight to not total.
bumper, bumper support, fender is salvageable, hood
bodywork and paint...my guess is $3500...if you convince worth 9K
you aren't at 40% or whatever teh cutoff is.
Again, glad you are okay, that's all that matters
Old 05-10-2020, 07:24 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Holy shit brotha.. I'm sorry to see what happened but i'm glad you're Okay! Good news, the TL doesn't look that bad but i'm sure insurance will try to write it off but I would fight them hard on it. If you have a body shop that you have a good relationship with, send it there. You could offer a payment towards the repairs so it helps from insurance writing it off. A few years ago, I was in a minor accident with the Mercedes I had at the time. The driver in front of me was cut off and he locked his brakes, so did I. I ended up hitting him around 10 mph but ended up missing the frame, so the grill area took the hit. It needed one headlight, bumper cover, inner bumper support cover, hood (because I didn't want them to fix the small crease), grill assembly and radiator support. Everything was OEM and a few items were ordered from Mercedes (new) one of which was the hood which was an absurd $1,800. They had sourced a mint complete radiator support that had a new radiator and condenser. Once all said and done, it was about $1500 on my end to pay them. I made this deal with them so they didn't tell insurance it was a total loss. The vehicle was in mint condition and had a heft amount of repairs done. The body work came out 100%. I sold the ML last year for more than what insurance was going to give me. A retired guy in his 70's bought it. He was beyond happy with the condition of the vehicle. I told him about the accident and showed him the pictures. He said it was one of the best body work he's seen because he couldn't tell and he was thrilled all OEM parts were used. My ML had roughly the same damage as your TL.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:04 AM
Suzuka Master

@rockstar143 and @04WDPSeDaN Thank you for the value able information and input, the damage isn't that bad but both headlight and hood is what cost the most of this repair. I might gonna have to dip into my own pocket to let this one not getting totaled.

Last time we had a vehicle with this similar damage and they quoted around $5800 which led me to believe the damage will be around there as well. My insurance gave me contact to the adjuster yesterday and seem like its a chick so chance of total are high. I will have to deal with repair shop today tho and will report back.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:15 AM
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 111 Posts
Breaks my heart to see a KBP like that. Stupid drunk.

Good luck!
Old 05-11-2020, 10:09 AM
Safety Car

Received 994 Likes on 750 Posts
:cryingbaby: ouch! glad to see youre ok though!
Old 05-11-2020, 10:09 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,159 Likes on 909 Posts
so sad man so sad. people are idiots but i'm glad you are ok. hoping for the best!
Old 05-11-2020, 10:32 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
I hope they throw the bottle at that bitch!
The following users liked this post:
Acura TL Builder (05-12-2020)
Old 05-11-2020, 11:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Thank you for all the comments,

interesting facts, I was stationary at the time of impact. If I was moving the result could been worst, the truck took most of the impact as she was going about 50 mph with no brake applied (well beside using the pick up truck as a brake) and my TL happened to take the most blow out of the other two that park at the light.

Her vehicle actually caught on fire, yes we could see fire coming out under the hood. luckily one of the near by resident is a retired fire fighter was able to turn the ignition off and someone else pull her out the burning vehicle as she was screaming loud AF. Once her dad arrived on scene he tried to act as his daughter is a "victim" and well that didn't go down too well as the deputy point out several alcohol containers has been opened and statement from EMS stated that they could smell her breath having alcohol.

I feels bad for the deputy has to go down to the hospital with the gal and throw a pair of cuff on here once she regain conscious.

This is the 2nd time I got hit by drunk driver, this is why I take this shit seriously.... no drink is too little or ok to drive and I don't care if I drink my wife or someone else that not drinking can drive.

I am still working in the process of getting the TL to the "trusted" body shop, the goon who towed my car got upset after they said "lets us do the work". I turn them down and they didn't like the fact that I told them you guy gonna slap a base front bumper as Type S only available through OEM.

They mentioned LKQ, I ask them "oh so you gonna charge OEM new part price and use LKQ sourcing for profit?" lmao the guy tone change really quick from "we could help you in hard time" to "well f**ck yourself". Nope there are no chance in hell I would dealing with crooks like that.
The following 2 users liked this post by truonghthe:
nist7 (12-20-2020), rockstar143 (05-11-2020)
Old 05-11-2020, 11:21 AM

that's because he wasn't helping you...he was helping him.
Fuck him is the right move. See ya...tow yard can't determine who fixes it.
Piece of shit.

Good luck, man.
I don't even drink anymore...how's that for always being able to drive.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:29 AM
Suzuka Master

that's because he wasn't helping you...he was helping him.
Fuck him is the right move. See ya...tow yard can't determine who fixes it.
Piece of shit.

Good luck, man.
I don't even drink anymore...how's that for always being able to drive.

if you drink just stay home and enjoy, I never get the concept why its fun to drive when you drinking....

As far as the body shop, they can help go f***ck themselves. The reviews are horrible on Google and Yelps, FB even more brutal...
Old 05-11-2020, 03:32 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

In my accident, I drove the Mercedes home and the very next day I dropped it off to the body shop. Insurance wanted me to use their "suggested" shop which was a complete shit show. Insurance got upset I took the vehicle to a body shop of my choice. If I was you and you could, take the TL out of the tow yard and take it to a shop you trust. Here's the other issue. WE ALL KNOW that the KBP 6MT type-s is worth more than what KBB says, your insurance company and body shop will think the TL is worth whatever it is on their end. This is a tough one just like a MK4 Supra. Keep us posted. It's nothing fun to deal with.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
In my accident, I drove the Mercedes home and the very next day I dropped it off to the body shop. Insurance wanted me to use their "suggested" shop which was a complete shit show. Insurance got upset I took the vehicle to a body shop of my choice. If I was you and you could, take the TL out of the tow yard and take it to a shop you trust. Here's the other issue. WE ALL KNOW that the KBP 6MT type-s is worth more than what KBB says, your insurance company and body shop will think the TL is worth whatever it is on their end. This is a tough one just like a MK4 Supra. Keep us posted. It's nothing fun to deal with.

The car is already at the new body shop place, the way they handle the paperwork, payment to get the KBP out of the tow yard, towing and treating people is really good. They answer all form of communication even Yelps, typical response time is about 15 mins or less.

With that being said IF and only IF insurance total out this KBP I gonna buy it back and fix it up. From what I have seen is front fenders, hood, front headlights, grill (most of these I already source a used part from another KBP with entire front end intact lol) and Aspec lip. I already order another Aspec lip just in case they are discontinued soon. As far as mechanical goes the car did not have any fluid leak from the accident.

I just hope that insurance know about the true market value of the KBP TL-S MT with two tone interior so that give me some wiggle room to play in the repair cost. I will keeping you guy updated.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:59 PM
Racer

Glad you're OK.

After my wreck I was going to a physical therapy place for my tweaked back & neck. There I saw people who barely able to walk from their wrecks, and counted myself lucky.

I used to have to drive to your town for work, and the level of crazy drivers there always impressed me. Dallas is calm by comparison.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 651 Likes on 350 Posts
Wow Bro, good thing you 👍. TL come & go. You have a new project restore
Old 05-12-2020, 06:28 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
I was absolutely floored when i had texted you on saturday.
I knew something was off!
glad you are okay man!!
truonghthe (05-14-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 06:58 AM

Justn, was that you?
Old 05-12-2020, 06:59 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Old 05-12-2020, 10:08 AM
Safety Car

Received 856 Likes on 704 Posts
Originally Posted by truonghthe
So this has been a hard week for me, as we just lost (laid off) 90% of people in my department. I was fortunate to stay and work this weekend, however on the way home I was humble at a red light along with everyone else. A Nissan decided to ran 2 red lights hit the pick up truck and flew into the TL, I tried to back up but there are no where to go as the intersection was packed. I am ok tho.

Well I guess we can't have something nice since other people decide to fuck it up. BTW the deputy found several alcohol bottles open inside the vehicle and the EMS was able to smell from her breath, GOD DAM it!!!!! its happened to me TWICE already.... The last one got totaled hopefully this one is fixable, no air bags deployed.

Omg man! I’m so sorry that happed! And to the KBP of all cars!

That accident is more than fixable. Couldn’t tell you what I would do if that happened to the 6MT.

Five years ago, I was driving home from the gym when an early 20s kid in a beat up 1991 Subaru Legacy hand-me-down, rear ended the Comptech TL at a stoplight at low speed.

I walked over to his car while he hide his head in the opening of his steering wheel, opened his door and yanked him out of his car with one hand.

His eyes resembled Justnspaces. I called the police and they said they don’t show for fender benders.

I was buying a Type-S rear bumper anyways, so kept the insurence money and called it a day.
Old 05-12-2020, 10:13 AM
Safety Car

Received 856 Likes on 704 Posts
Thank you for all the comments,

interesting facts, I was stationary at the time of impact. If I was moving the result could been worst, the truck took most of the impact as she was going about 50 mph with no brake applied (well beside using the pick up truck as a brake) and my TL happened to take the most blow out of the other two that park at the light.

Her vehicle actually caught on fire, yes we could see fire coming out under the hood. luckily one of the near by resident is a retired fire fighter was able to turn the ignition off and someone else pull her out the burning vehicle as she was screaming loud AF. Once her dad arrived on scene he tried to act as his daughter is a "victim" and well that didn't go down too well as the deputy point out several alcohol containers has been opened and statement from EMS stated that they could smell her breath having alcohol.

I feels bad for the deputy has to go down to the hospital with the gal and throw a pair of cuff on here once she regain conscious.

This is the 2nd time I got hit by drunk driver, this is why I take this shit seriously.... no drink is too little or ok to drive and I don't care if I drink my wife or someone else that not drinking can drive.

I am still working in the process of getting the TL to the "trusted" body shop, the goon who towed my car got upset after they said "lets us do the work". I turn them down and they didn't like the fact that I told them you guy gonna slap a base front bumper as Type S only available through OEM.

They mentioned LKQ, I ask them "oh so you gonna charge OEM new part price and use LKQ sourcing for profit?" lmao the guy tone change really quick from "we could help you in hard time" to "well f**ck yourself". Nope there are no chance in hell I would dealing with crooks like that.
Parents will usually believe their child is a victim after they do things they will later regret and their kids can not drown out of their memory.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:34 AM

yes yes...and fur sale! he make you gud deal! make offer! it's for sell!
Old 05-13-2020, 08:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 99 Posts
glad you're ok. damned drunk drivers
Old 05-13-2020, 06:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Quick update, Insurance play ultra low ball.

They said the car value at $6200 and they want to totaled it lmao, I politely told them "If you could find a 07-08 MT with similar mileage/ condition and having CLEAN title I would pay out from my pocket and get another one" I request the case to be escalate to the supervisor and waiting for a phone call from them tomorrow.

BTW my original damage estimate wasn't that much off from the body shop, the body shop quoted $5500 to fix the car.

Last edited by truonghthe; 05-13-2020 at 06:04 PM.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:47 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,159 Likes on 909 Posts
wow that's dumb, keep us updated and good luck man
rockstar143 (05-14-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 08:06 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Quick update, Insurance play ultra low ball.

They said the car value at $6200 and they want to totaled it lmao, I politely told them "If you could find a 07-08 MT with similar mileage/ condition and having CLEAN title I would pay out from my pocket and get another one" I request the case to be escalate to the supervisor and waiting for a phone call from them tomorrow.

BTW my original damage estimate wasn't that much off from the body shop, the body shop quoted $5500 to fix the car.
Not surprised... Insurance companies are brain dead and only care about screwing the people paying and making profits. Stress with them prime examples of what your TL goes for and tell them the kbb is worthless in this situation. I can't discuss about the Optima, but long story short, I printed out 50+ prime examples of other optimas nation wide, different trims around the same mileage and what they were going for. I ended up getting an additional 3K due to my research.
The following 4 users liked this post by 04WDPSeDaN:
nist7 (12-20-2020), rockstar143 (05-14-2020), sockr1 (05-13-2020), truonghthe (05-14-2020)
Old 05-14-2020, 08:04 AM

It's not about that...

it's about them insuring something with zero collateral if they have already paid out of pocket what the car's market value is.
And remember...there's a reason we all go look for cars out in the wild to buy but then sell them on here to enthusiasts that appreciate them.
"I know what I have bro!"

We have emotional connections to the cars...the insurance company does not...they deal in numbers. The least they can give you for an incident
and then walk away clean, the better. That's the business model and if you ran an insurance company yours would look the same or you'd go out
of business!

Or they can charge you a fuckton more for insurance and give you a more reasonable offer for total loss.

I might list my KBP for $5500 for @truonghthe 's insurance company to stumble on to have a little fun.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:37 AM
Racer

I got royally screwed when I totaled out my rare bird B16 Sentra SER Spec-V. Late January, barely a handful of that trim for sale nationwide - and all priced low AF, even the couple low-milers. I had zero comps to fight back with. Hopefully the 3G TL-S 6MT market is stronger right now.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:44 AM

I would make sure they understand that the manual transmission is the main difference.
Old 05-14-2020, 02:04 PM
Suzuka Master

UPDATED***

So I just got off the phone with the insurance company and the appraise (3rd party) showing them the current market value of our 07-08 TL-S MT around the country. Currently the lowest listing for TL-S MT is 8k with 145k miles and the rest is $11-$17k (one at 11k with a rebuild title), I am not asking for outrageous value not because "I know what I have" but I ask for actual market value. Come to find out they compare the KBP with BASE model market....

I kindly remind them look for a UA7 instead of UA6 and the appraise goes "we use vin decoder" as trust me we are the expert, I then commented "well IF you using VIN decoder then you guy would catch the difference between BASE and TYPE S" needles to day that settle the argument. I also notice if you find one MT cheap make sure its "clean title".

Now back to "we got to re-evaluate the pricing do to different market" aka we try to screw you but that didn't goes through. They said they will be back with the report in 24 hours.
The following 2 users liked this post by truonghthe:
04WDPSeDaN (05-14-2020), Acura TL Builder (05-27-2020)
Old 05-14-2020, 03:13 PM

Keep fighting the good fight!
I don't blame you one bit, man.
Old 05-14-2020, 06:42 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

UPDATED***

So I just got off the phone with the insurance company and the appraise (3rd party) showing them the current market value of our 07-08 TL-S MT around the country. Currently the lowest listing for TL-S MT is 8k with 145k miles and the rest is $11-$17k (one at 11k with a rebuild title), I am not asking for outrageous value not because "I know what I have" but I ask for actual market value. Come to find out they compare the KBP with BASE model market....

I kindly remind them look for a UA7 instead of UA6 and the appraise goes "we use vin decoder" as trust me we are the expert, I then commented "well IF you using VIN decoder then you guy would catch the difference between BASE and TYPE S" needles to day that settle the argument. I also notice if you find one MT cheap make sure its "clean title".

Now back to "we got to re-evaluate the pricing do to different market" aka we try to screw you but that didn't goes through. They said they will be back with the report in 24 hours.
Yeah, brain dead. Keep fighting them. At least you were nice and calm with them. I on the other hand...
Old 05-14-2020, 10:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Honestly only if a handful of us car enthusiast in the business of auto insurance adjuster that will help. 90% of these people has no clue which is which.....

The joke we got in the Lexus community is when someone drive a ISF and then a non car person said "yeah by B/GF has the same car" turn out to be a IS250 F Sport. The F guy really salty about this lollol.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:33 AM

whenever someone claims to be a car guy...
it always blows my mind how much they really know
Old 05-15-2020, 10:33 AM
Safety Car

Received 994 Likes on 750 Posts
Use my sale price for example if you need one.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by BreezyTL
Use my sale price for example if you need one.
Thanks Breezy but they only looks at dealer pricing, that even help me out more as the last KBP MT sold for $19k. The cheapest sold for $13k, may be the appraisal company hiring some employee from FB group
Acura TL Builder (05-27-2020)
Old 05-15-2020, 09:51 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Thanks Breezy but they only looks at dealer pricing, that even help me out more as the last KBP MT sold for $19k. The cheapest sold for $13k, may be the appraisal company hiring some employee from FB group
Did they say where that $19k one sold from by chance?

Asking because I have my paperwork from the dealer, if I can help your case out.

Last edited by Greenman604; 05-15-2020 at 09:54 PM.
truonghthe (06-17-2020)

Quick Reply: My KBP BS thread, I just did WHAT???????