Latest Wheel Setup: Avant Garde M359

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 08:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for all the support everyone! It's been nearly a year now on this setup and everything is holding up well. Great quality by AG here.

The 18x9.5 +22 clears my Brembos, and I'm sorry for anyone who purchased a different a setup and didn't have Brembo clearance.

Avant Garde is a great company and I'm confident they will work with all of you on any questions or concerns you may have.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:09 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Old 12-21-2014, 10:00 PM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pictures are great. Good looking car.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:24 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Veryyy Nice

clean
Old 05-10-2015, 04:28 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Lovin' the wheels.
Old 05-10-2015, 05:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by sockr1
summary: you can get these wheels redrilled to the acura pattern. but dont' get the 8.5+35 if you have brembos. i also had a lot of trouble getting a tire/wheel place to install redrilled wheels, none of the main big stores would touch them. the wheels looked great but they weren't worth using spacers or having most tire places refuse to mount them

the OPs setup clears brembos i'm pretty sure.
Why would it matter if they are sleeved? How would the shop even know unless you told them?

Just bring in sleeved wheels to a tire shop and dont mentioned you had work done on them. No reason to.

You "I want these tires please."
Tire shop "alright sounds good we'll mount tires and balance them."

No further conversation is needed.

There is no need for the shop to know those wheels previously went on another vehicle. Especially when I 100% guarantee that shop has no issue mounting wheels that arent even certified, why the hell would re-sleeved wheels matter? If they are certified prior and re-sleeved correctly they are safer than a lot of wheels used by tuners.
I think you just made a mistake mentioning something to the shop that they frankly had no idea about and you scared them. lol

OP. Car looks great. I have to ask though, WHY THE HELL DID YOU TAKE THE EQUIPS OFF!?

I'd love to own a set of equips but Id pass on AG all day every day. Especially a monoblock set.

Busy checking out your canibeat feature. Super sick. Needs some more VIP touches before Id call it a VIP build. But damn it's super clean. Love it!!
Old 05-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,160 Likes on 909 Posts
^^ two of the shops called me after I left the shop and i hadn't told them they were sleeved. They looked at it when they were about to install them. So not really my mistake.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by sockr1
^^ two of the shops called me after I left the shop and i hadn't told them they were sleeved. They looked at it when they were about to install them. So not really my mistake.
How would they even know the wheels were resleeved?

I have seen resleeved wheels by VRwheels and you cant tell they were ever worked on except for the fact that you can now fit Euro bolt pattern wheels onto a Japanese car. Or vis versa.

My only thought is the company that resleeved your wheels didnt do a proper job refinishing the new sleeved bolt pattern; which led to the shop noticing then questioning the work.

If you had the shop themselves install the WHEELS then they may be worried the wheel wont last and you'll blame them.
Had you just had the shop mount tires and balance they wouldnt have even cared about the work done to them. You then go home and throw the wheels on yourself. Case closed.

That is my best guess anyway as to why the shop said no. I just asked my buddy whom works for Americas Tires. He said they'd have no issues mounting tires on a wheel that was resleeved. When I initially asked him he just looked at me confused. Which was the same look I gave me computer screen while reading your post.

The shops you took it took much just be lame or they didnt want to be liable incase your resleeved wheels fails.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:51 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,160 Likes on 909 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON
How would they even know the wheels were resleeved?

I have seen resleeved wheels by VRwheels and you cant tell they were ever worked on except for the fact that you can now fit Euro bolt pattern wheels onto a Japanese car. Or vis versa.

My only thought is the company that resleeved your wheels didnt do a proper job refinishing the new sleeved bolt pattern; which led to the shop noticing then questioning the work.

If you had the shop themselves install the WHEELS then they may be worried the wheel wont last and you'll blame them.
Had you just had the shop mount tires and balance they wouldnt have even cared about the work done to them. You then go home and throw the wheels on yourself. Case closed.

That is my best guess anyway as to why the shop said no. I just asked my buddy whom works for Americas Tires. He said they'd have no issues mounting tires on a wheel that was resleeved. When I initially asked him he just looked at me confused. Which was the same look I gave me computer screen while reading your post.

The shops you took it took much just be lame or they didnt want to be liable incase your resleeved wheels fails.
yea i agree there shouldn't be any issue with redrilled/sleeved wheels if done correctly. from the front it was barely barely noticeable if you were looking for it, but on the back you could easily distinguish the sleeve pressed in. with these wheels being aluminum, you can't easily weld and blend the wheel with the sleeve...you can on other wheels but not so much on aluminum, it's a pain in the butt. i went through all my pics of the wheels but was upset i didn't take one of the back of the wheel.

you're correct about them mounting the tires but not mounting the wheels. the shops that all denied me said they couldnt' actually mount the wheels, they didn't care so much about the tires to the wheels, just couldn't finish it all up. i didn't want to go that route because i always go to places that give free tire rotations and balancing, and they said they would never be able to mount them, it was just a huge hassle.

when i finally found a shop that would do it, it didn't matter anyways because they didn't clear my brembos haha, i should have checked them right away.

still love the wheels but it was a good learning experience all around
The following users liked this post:
usdmJON (05-10-2015)
Old 05-10-2015, 08:32 PM
King of NYC

Received 217 Likes on 154 Posts
Great wheel choice, great fitment. Great pics. Absolutely gorgeous car. That's how it's done.
Old 09-11-2021, 07:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Bittersweet update. Car is officially for sale. Happy bidding everyone, looking forward to what the next owner will do. Please share the word or bid!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165062944533
Old 09-25-2021, 02:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by flip_side
bittersweet update. Car is officially for sale. Happy bidding everyone, looking forward to what the next owner will do. Please share the word or bid!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165062944533
sold
Old 09-30-2021, 03:25 PM

Received 9,524 Likes on 6,180 Posts
Sad to see it go