It's been a while! Some random pics.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011 | 02:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kidduce
My untrained eye says your shots are awesome. Very clean car, really really like it.
Thanks, man! Love the 2nd gen you've got! looks hot!
Old 09-14-2011 | 03:02 PM
AKA WalkerUA6

no i havnt heard of it. I do all my installs.

Sorry bro but the TSX/TL meets kinda died down man. Last year shit was booming. I knew a few guys but they sold their cars already. My hommie wrxyboy (NBP bagged TL-S) sold his car. My other hommie 808-original also sold his car and upgraded to a FUGA (now bagged) a few other guys went MIA, prolly busy with other things. and Nokiaboy still doing it but it'll just be you 2 on a cruz hahah.

check out postjunky
maybe you can start things back up again. I tried but failed horribly.
Old 09-14-2011 | 03:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sevank21
no i havnt heard of it. I do all my installs.

Sorry bro but the TSX/TL meets kinda died down man. Last year shit was booming. I knew a few guys but they sold their cars already. My hommie wrxyboy (NBP bagged TL-S) sold his car. My other hommie 808-original also sold his car and upgraded to a FUGA (now bagged) a few other guys went MIA, prolly busy with other things. and Nokiaboy still doing it but it'll just be you 2 on a cruz hahah.

check out postjunky
maybe you can start things back up again. I tried but failed horribly.
Hahha... no biggie. I see a few TLs still running around but not heavily modified. Just rims and maybe a drop, but that's it. I'm actually considering getting rid of my car too... after I finished modding it, I'm just bored now haha. Thinking about getting the new fuga. That car is dope... but I made a promise to myself to keep my next car stock lol.
Old 09-14-2011 | 03:14 PM
AKA WalkerUA6

I wanna get rid of the TL too. But I have bigger things to worry about (buying a house in LV) so Ill just have to make do with what I got. lol
Old 09-14-2011 | 03:21 PM
Banned

I wanna get rid of the TL too. But I have bigger things to worry about (buying a house in LV) so Ill just have to make do with what I got. lol
Seriously... I'm still a little too young to be looking into buying a house, but you're right. Modding cars is fun when you're young and have money to spend on unnecessary things... I'd rather own a nice house and a fugly beater rather than the other way around. My parents hate on me all the time for dumping so much cash on my car, but it's just something we all need to get out of our system! Do it while we still can!
Old 09-14-2011 | 03:26 PM
Banned

btw... what's your opinion on the 4th gen...?
Old 09-14-2011 | 04:00 PM
-------Tim-------

Your TL Looks Great! Love the Rollin shots! What perch level are you on?
Old 09-14-2011 | 04:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by lishanese
Seriously... I'm still a little too young to be looking into buying a house, but you're right. Modding cars is fun when you're young and have money to spend on unnecessary things... I'd rather own a nice house and a fugly beater rather than the other way around. My parents hate on me all the time for dumping so much cash on my car, but it's just something we all need to get out of our system! Do it while we still can!
Smart kid
Old 09-14-2011 | 06:42 PM
AKA WalkerUA6

btw... what's your opinion on the 4th gen...?
Old 09-14-2011 | 06:44 PM
UA6
Safety Car

Thank you! Yeah Hawaii is pretty nuts when it comes to modding... I got tagged for not having recon and yet I still see a billion lifted trucks running around with cops right on their tails, but they don't get pulled over. I guess the cop that pulled me over was just bored.

You used to live here? What part?
Yeah some cops don't even care but then some do. Most people know shops that'll give them their recon or inspection sticker even though their cars are illegal. I used to live in town then I moved out to Ewa. Then I moved in with my wife in Hawaii Kai.
Old 09-14-2011 | 06:46 PM
AKA WalkerUA6

I felt that way a couple years ago, get nice things and fast. Im forced to grow up now since i have a wife and kid so the car is on the back burner. Things will be cheaper when I move up to vegas so I do plan on slowly modding my car. first things first is to clean her up. What i mean is fix all my fenders and paint in some areas.07-08 base front end. all 4 new meaty tires and slam it back down since theres no recon up there. well im not going to slam it too much, i still want it practical. My goal is to have a clean, stock looking car.
Old 09-14-2011 | 09:17 PM
Advanced

bad ass car
The following users liked this post:
UAeight08 (09-15-2011)
Old 09-15-2011 | 01:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Slpr04UA6
Your TL Looks Great! Love the Rollin shots! What perch level are you on?
Thanks! I'm at the lowest perch front and rear. Stiffness is kinda in the middle... not sure how many turns of the knob.

Originally Posted by P1zzaman
Smart kid
Why, thank you, Rob! Hahaha.

Lol... ditto. I was kinda taking a liking to it, but slapped myself out of it.

Originally Posted by UA6
Yeah some cops don't even care but then some do. Most people know shops that'll give them their recon or inspection sticker even though their cars are illegal. I used to live in town then I moved out to Ewa. Then I moved in with my wife in Hawaii Kai.
Ohh, you've been all over. I used to live in Kaimuki... then moved out to Niu Valley a few years ago. Kalani pigeons!

I felt that way a couple years ago, get nice things and fast. Im forced to grow up now since i have a wife and kid so the car is on the back burner. Things will be cheaper when I move up to vegas so I do plan on slowly modding my car. first things first is to clean her up. What i mean is fix all my fenders and paint in some areas.07-08 base front end. all 4 new meaty tires and slam it back down since theres no recon up there. well im not going to slam it too much, i still want it practical. My goal is to have a clean, stock looking car.
Sounds like a plan. You probably won't have to worry too much about potholes killing your car up there either. Last time I was in Vegas I didn't see any potholes. Gotta love the mainland for their nice roads. Why can't Hawaii be that fortunate?? Your car's gonna look sick. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!
Old 09-15-2011 | 01:11 PM
AKA WalkerUA6

itll look clean thats all. well thats how I hope it'll look lol. I do all my body work and paint, hopfully this time around I take my time. If I rush I end up messing things up. I know I can do a good job if I take my time. Like I said, I want a clean stock looking car but yet unique since I have the only Java Black Pearl TL out there (that I know of) In case you dont know what JBP is, its black with gold pearl.

Dont want to thread jack, but this picture shows the gold pearl the best

Old 09-15-2011 | 02:37 PM
Banned

Car is siiiiick!!! Best looking TL ive seen here. Gotta love the clean look.

Looks like the pic was taken in the aiea/halawa area. Awesome view.

So you do your own paint?? Would you happen to know why the hell my rear bumper doesn't match the rest of the car? I purchased the car with the mismatched bumper and when I got into a fender bender a while back i told the body shop to make sure they match the body color when they repaint. Well... It's still a different color.
Old 09-15-2011 | 03:15 PM
AKA WalkerUA6

Car is siiiiick!!! Best looking TL ive seen here. Gotta love the clean look.

Looks like the pic was taken in the aiea/halawa area. Awesome view.

So you do your own paint?? Would you happen to know why the hell my rear bumper doesn't match the rest of the car? I purchased the car with the mismatched bumper and when I got into a fender bender a while back i told the body shop to make sure they match the body color when they repaint. Well... It's still a different color.
thanks but I have to disagree. there are TONS of better looking cars. I have flaws I want to fix before I can be proud of her lol.

Yea aiea

No idea why its not the same color, but a lot of people with lighter color cars have this problem. but to fix it, the body shop should have blended the 1/4 panel. The reason why its so obvious is because there is a perfect line between the bumper and 1/4 panel. If you want that fixed you're going to have to tell the body shop to repaint you're rear bumper and blend the trunk and 1/4 panels. it'll be a lot less obvious. Best of luck!
Old 09-15-2011 | 03:38 PM
Banned

thanks but I have to disagree. there are TONS of better looking cars. I have flaws I want to fix before I can be proud of her lol.

Yea aiea

No idea why its not the same color, but a lot of people with lighter color cars have this problem. but to fix it, the body shop should have blended the 1/4 panel. The reason why its so obvious is because there is a perfect line between the bumper and 1/4 panel. If you want that fixed you're going to have to tell the body shop to repaint you're rear bumper and blend the trunk and 1/4 panels. it'll be a lot less obvious. Best of luck!
Don't be so hard on yourself, man. I think your car looks great and I'm sure many other people would agree with me. Those who think otherwise are probably just jealous lol.

The damage to my car was the passenger side rear corner area so the 1/4 panel, bumper and tailight were affected. The body shop did try to blend the damaged part of the bumper with the half that wasn't damaged... Still nothing. They were trying to explain that the plastic material of the bumper makes it impossible for the paint to cure to the proper color or something like that. But that doesn't seem to be a problem with cars coming from the factory. Thank you for the advice but it seems like a lot of work... I will have to think hard about this one. Not sure how long I'll be keeping the car so might not even be worth the investment. It's not like it affecting how the car performs lol.. It's just ugly.
Old 09-15-2011 | 03:55 PM
AKA WalkerUA6

yeah dont even trip about it. its no biggie.
Old 09-20-2011 | 05:11 PM
Banned

thanks, man. have fun up in vegas! keep in touch.