ib18c1's FULL Evolution Thread: May2005-September2008 (Lot's of pictures 56k nuhuh)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
ib18c1's FULL Evolution Thread: May2005-September2008 (Lot's of pictures 56k nuhuh)

Hello Acurazine and friends,

Well it has been over a year since I have joined this forum, well actually I joined in 2003 because I initially wanted a 2nd Gen TL but ended up with a 3rd gen. I must say, my car has evolved nicely thanks to all of your help/comments/feedbacks/recommendations. I have met many great people and made many new friends thanks to this fabulous community!

I am making this thread because I beleive my car has come near completion...almost a halt you could say. I have spent $$$ on my TL, mostly on wheels and exhausts. As most who know or remembers me for who I am...I am the exhaust/wheel whore of the forum. Went with 6 different exhausts, and 11 different wheels. I beleive that the wheels do make the car and I thirst to find the perfect combination to set off a fabulous look. The exhaust note totally adds satisfaction and gratification upon daily driving, I love music, and I beleive that exhaust note is simply music to your ears.

Well enough rambling...on with my FULL profile information, pictures, and videos...most of you will be like...wow...that was you!?!? most will be like yup that's him (thanks to those who remmeber me hehe)

So, car was purchased May of 2007:
My 2005 Acura RSX Type S was stolen right in front of my house, so the insurance paid me a good 23,500 for a new car...Initially I wanted the 7th gen accord V6 sedan...but realized how cheap it was...no navi, no xenon, no option and only 2k less than the TL. It was a PITA to find a 6spd TL, so i opted for an AUTOMATIC which was my BIGGEST REGRET as of today. This is my RSX-S before stolen...only needed rims then it would have been completed:

Oh yes, she was JDM'd out yoooo -_-

The TL VERSION ZERO - ONE "The Failed TL"
I call it the Failed version because it looked horrible. Horrible choice of wheels and drop. Also ghetto mods....sight. This was prior before I started to post and explore Acurazine.

| Tein Htech | Base Aspec | Type S Tails | Cleared headlights | DRL Module | RH EVO C2 | AEM CAI | Stage 3 Exhaust |

The TL VERSION TWO "The Hero TL"
I call it the hero version because this was the version that saved the TL and gave me good and well known reputation on Acurazine. This of course was after I started to post on the forums, gaining more knowledge.

+ | Axis Pentas | AEM CAI | Tanabe Hyper Medallion Exhaust |
- | RH EVO C2 | DRL Module | Stock exhaust w/stage3 |
Got a deal for window visors, $50 for all!!! Also grabbed the accord v6 Tein SS for 450, sold the Tanabe Hypers to my good friend Enigmaos and did the Type S rear Aspec Conversion and a custom 4" magnaflow Quad system

+ | Oem Window Visors | Magnaflow 4" Quad Exhaust | Tein SS 2" drop | Type S Aspec Rear conversion |
- | Tanabe hyper Medallion Exhaust | Tein Htechs | Base Aspec Rear |

The TL VERSION THREE "The VIP TL"
This was when my TL was getting pretty well known. Decided to go for the VIP Bippu look. So I slammed the TL down, added some nice Varianzas =] 19x8.5/19x9.5 +36offset non BBK fitment so I was garanteed a SUPER DEEP DISH!!! Also met Mike Yu so I supported his awesome ATLP quads =], finally my exhaust fetish was cured! Sold the Magnaflows to my good friend Ballinfizzle

+ | ATLP Quad Exhaust | Work Varianza T1s | CF PowerChamber Intake | Semi-Blacked out Headlights |
- | Magnaflow Quads to BallinFizzle | Axis Pentas | Cleared headlights |

+ | Honda Accord Foglights |

The TL VERSION FOUR "The Type S wannabe TL"
Sold my Varianzas due to financial issues and my issue with the rubbing, grabbed a set of Type S wheels while at it since I always loved them. Sold the Varianzas to a good friend, acurajj.

+ | TL Type S wheels |
- | Work Varianzas |

The TL VERSION FIVE "The I want to be a sporty TL"
Got a really good deal on some Volks LE37 18x8.5 +30, sadly they are 18s...and the TL does not look too good with them imho. Had this set on for a matter of weeks, sold it to my good 2g Buddy Jjashaa.

+ | Volk LE37|
- | TL Type S wheels |

The TL VERSION SIX "Traction Magazine's TL"
So I got a call from Mike of ATLP one day, asking if I am interested in a magazine shoot for fun, I said sure...why not (knowing my car was incomplete). Rondy of Ronjon wheels was kind enough to let me wear his shoes for the photoshoot =]

^^ Me and AcuraJJ who bought my Work Varianzas
+ | Ronjon Legends Liq Graphite |
- | Volk LE 37|

The TL VERSION SIX "The WORK-ing TL"
Saw a set of Work Vs-xx for a sweet deal, sadly they were chrome and a fail size...and offset of 19x8 +26. Gave them a try, LOVED them, hated how they were only 8 width though...Sold the Legends to my good friend Scotterson

+ | Work VS-XX 19x8 chrome |
- | Ronjon legends to Scotterson |

The TL VERSION SIX "Re-WORKed TL"
Sold the Work VS-XX to my good friend Ballinfizzle, so now he currently is running my chrome set with an insane stretch =] and might I add his car is one of the sweetest NBP! So after payment was recieved, i grabbed a set of Silver VS-XX, yes another VS-XX!! the silver was GROSS, looked primered...cop a pic:

So what I had done, is have a wheel shop custom paint them the M3 Hyper Silver which is a very $$$ 5 stage painting, here is the result. I also did the Type S conversion which wouldn't have been possible if it was not for VIPTL =]

+ | Work VS-XX Custom M3 Silver | Type S Front Bumper | Type S front Aspec |
- | Work VS-XX chrome |

The TL VERSION SIX "The Progressive TL"
The end is near...sold my Work VS-XX to Acurajj who bought my Varianzas last time. Sold it because the mesh look was getting tiring and overdone imo. Saw a set of Progressives ME, LOVED THEM. Saw it on a NBP Type S back when i had my RSX, i totally fell in love with his car =] so here it is...the final stage of the TL (sort of)

+ | Volk Progressive ME 19x8.5 +38 | fully slammed |
- | Work VS-XX M3 Silver to Acurajj |

Well this took nearly 35minutes to write...I am exhausted!!! Hopefully I didn't miss anything. Here are some videos of my TL for those interested...

MY TL WITH STAGE 3 EXHAUST:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAX8N6Sjft8

MY TL WITH TANABE HYPER:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nExBI4lRc34

MY TL WITH MAGNAFLOW + STOCK TIPS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edY3VJad0OQ

MY TL WITH MAGNAFLOW QUADS 3.5" tip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuIceSEy5dw

MY TL WITH MAGNAFLOW QUADS 4" TIP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0eb-0oKIvI

MY TL WITH ATLP QUADS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0KeyJnFZBg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmRhPVFozRs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGcrcd9UY1c

MY TL WITH ATLP QUADS + JPIPE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p64AadvxnLo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrRUt83FC7k

MY TL @ TRACTION MAG SHOOT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebs65zWphAM

for more videos:
www.youtube.com/ib18c1

for more pictures:
www.flickr.com/ib18c1

for sexy pics of me:
www.myspace.com/ib18c1

Well, just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to look at my superuber long thread. Thank you to everyone on Acurazine, you are family to me, always there to support and help me =] Made so many friends and girlfriend too! HAH! but yeah, this is a great site definitely.

Why did I make this thread? Let's just say the car is near completion already...I decided to keep the TL, was contemplating on getting the accord v6 6speed or even IS250 6speed. But I couldn't leave what I started. I also notice i don't post as much as before...so why not just make one big semi-final thread right?

What's next? well, just maint stuff such as new axles, front camber kit, oilchanges, and oh, thanks to AL....AEM v2...hah!

Anyways, i have to get back to work LOL...have a great day my friends
Old 09-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
very nice man, Id love to shoot your car sometime
Old 09-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sixsixfour
very nice man, Id love to shoot your car sometime
with a camera and not a gun right Patrick? hahaha jk =] thanks man! I'd love for you to shoot my car with your fantastic skills =], you must teach me!!! Jw, do you use a Canon or Nikon? haha
Old 09-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
Don't leave us Tim!!
Old 09-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by aznbo187
Don't leave us Tim!!
I'm not Mike hahaha
we still got alot of projects ahead of us...like...

muahaha
Old 09-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Safety Car

Picking it up today actually, I'm in Irvine as we speak. =)
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Damn, this thread brings back memories haha. Our cars are like brothers...or sisters..cause I think we've modded pretty much everything together. So glad you're not getting an IS250-_-. You have the hottest TL on AZ btw

PS-I know you say you're done..but you're really not

Originally Posted by ib18c1
Sold the Work VS-XX to my good friend Ballinfizzle, so now he currently is running my chrome set with an insane stretch =] and might I add his car is one of the sweetest NBP!
Aww..<3

-_-
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Is it the...you know
Old 09-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 720 Likes on 520 Posts
... great quality pics.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
Is it the...you know
It is. I think Tim will be able to add another "Version" to his Photo trail soon.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
The car definitely keeps getting better with each version.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:14 PM
blah

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Great progress. Your taste keeps on getting better and better.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
wow. that was awesome. nice write up. it's so hard making decisions! after those youtube vids though I know I want the ATLP exhaust. dope sh*t.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Bone stock tl-s

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts
Tim, bro, DAMN!!! your car has gone through alot, it's a now you see me! now you don't! morphing! transforming machine! getting better every time, cant wait to see what you got up your sleeve this time. keep it up bro thats a sexy machine you got there
Old 09-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Federation Squirtle Squad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...your pics always look pretty good, mine never turns out well lol
Old 09-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Awesome man, lots of time and $$ on this car. Looks great in person.......even when it was dirty lol
Old 09-08-2008, 02:30 PM
zaino'd

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why are there so many V.6's?? Haha

Damn man, I was already impressed with V.3... then as I kept scrolling down.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:39 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
That was a well composed thread post! ..You even answered my question...i was going to ask how long it took you to write that.

I didn't realize your TL went through so many wheels..that's crazy!

You should have thrown in the the cover of Traction magazine where your TL was featured!

Good stuff.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
I love the transition from phase to phase. And especially the current product!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Green Tea

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
I Love this thread....Nice writeup and evolution of the TL.. I agree the current setup makes the best impression. Love the creativity of the AM Type S Aspec kit.

Are still getting RECARO seats as mentioned in the Traction magazine?
Old 09-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
with a camera and not a gun right Patrick? hahaha jk =] thanks man! I'd love for you to shoot my car with your fantastic skills =], you must teach me!!! Jw, do you use a Canon or Nikon? haha

For sure bro. one of these days I will be able to shoot at least one socal TL exclusively.

btw, Im an longtime Canon user since the film era
Old 09-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I used to have your "VIP TL" stage on my desktop background on my computer at work. Such a clean TL! You car looks great.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Illist

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
always keeping it fresh Tim!!!

P.S.Hey tim hows your rake on your TL right now?? do u run even or do u have some rake? deciding if i should run rake or not...

Last edited by vipTL; 09-08-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Stand For Something

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Definitely one of the nicest TLs on the site, if not the nicest. I think the car looks a lot sportier with the TL-S front bumper, and the AM is just

The M3 VS-XXs and Progressives are definitely the nicest rims out of all of them.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:25 PM
B A N N E D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SO your planing on getting a new car? what kind of car U mainly want to get?
Old 09-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
I've seen your rsx on youtube once with the top fuel exhaust. and I was going to get the exhaust because of that video.. but just like you my type-s turned into a tl by the insurance (totalled mine. =/ )

anyways good stuff man, i was talking to mike from atlp and he said that alot of people including you and him had rsx's and moved on tl's too. keep modding and enjoy it, its cool if its not a 6spd, you still have one hell of a car.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Down for a photoshoot?

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice Tim! Hey ... what is all this secret talk between you and mike??? lol
Old 09-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Word on the street is you got gagged and thrown in a closet }

heheh jk Good to see you WOndeful story...touching

Your one of the main reasons why I want a TL...and thats coming soon

Regards
Old 09-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Lamborghini Aventador FTW

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
Wow, what a transformation! I think my favorite version was The TL VERSION SIX "The WORK-ing TL"
Old 09-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by imj0257
... great quality pics.
thanks =]

It is. I think Tim will be able to add another "Version" to his Photo trail soon.
hahaha i know, probably the final version...full ATLP kit and ATLP wheels kidding...or am i???

Originally Posted by chill_dog
The car definitely keeps getting better with each version.
thanks

Originally Posted by Vietnastee
Great progress. Your taste keeps on getting better and better.
haha thanks man, glad it is!

Originally Posted by mattpete
wow. that was awesome. nice write up. it's so hard making decisions! after those youtube vids though I know I want the ATLP exhaust. dope sh*t.
Def man! ATLP is a masterpiece, can not go wrong with it, totally cured my exhaust whore-ness

Originally Posted by jptl04
Tim, bro, DAMN!!! your car has gone through alot, it's a now you see me! now you don't! morphing! transforming machine! getting better every time, cant wait to see what you got up your sleeve this time. keep it up bro thats a sexy machine you got there
haha thanks Jaime your car is def one sexy machine too!! I definitely can't compete with your car dude, and damn your engine bay!

Originally Posted by AzNGR81
...your pics always look pretty good, mine never turns out well lol
lol thanks my pics are just small haha

Originally Posted by lembowski
Awesome man, lots of time and $$ on this car. Looks great in person.......even when it was dirty lol
Thanks Matt =] hahaha and man, i guess my hologram car will haunt me forever >.< i knew i should've detailed...bahhaha

Originally Posted by jmkiang
Why are there so many V.6's?? Haha

Damn man, I was already impressed with V.3... then as I kept scrolling down.
AHHH!! hahahah you caught it! I was like...noooo 5min are up! well no one will see it..right? but damn, right on haha. Yeah v3 was def the eye opener

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
That was a well composed thread post! ..You even answered my question...i was going to ask how long it took you to write that.

I didn't realize your TL went through so many wheels..that's crazy!

You should have thrown in the the cover of Traction magazine where your TL was featured!

Good stuff.
Thanks Eric! your car definitely blazes over mine man! your brake and SC is just insane >.< just wish I can just stick to one wheel ahaha but I think the progressives it is, or GTM =]

Originally Posted by Fulani has a TL
I love the transition from phase to phase. And especially the current product!!!
thanks man =] ATLP!!

Originally Posted by badazzTL-S
I Love this thread....Nice writeup and evolution of the TL.. I agree the current setup makes the best impression. Love the creativity of the AM Type S Aspec kit.

Are still getting RECARO seats as mentioned in the Traction magazine?
Glad you agree with the current set up! it def is the best imo as well! Nah, i actually had Sparco EVO seats ready to put in but my brakes are glazed and warped to the max so I invested in that instead...maybe later down the road....maybe hahah

Originally Posted by sixsixfour
For sure bro. one of these days I will be able to shoot at least one socal TL exclusively.

btw, Im an longtime Canon user since the film era
SWEET Patrick!! Canon >>>> FTW =]

Originally Posted by goldenchild626
I used to have your "VIP TL" stage on my desktop background on my computer at work. Such a clean TL! You car looks great.
flattered =] thanks man!

Originally Posted by vipTL
always keeping it fresh Tim!!!

P.S.Hey tim hows your rake on your TL right now?? do u run even or do u have some rake? deciding if i should run rake or not...
haha thanks Jay! Your car is def hotter than mine though man lol true VIP master lol whats a rake? for gardening? sorry not familiar with it yet haha >.<

Originally Posted by ASASN21
Definitely one of the nicest TLs on the site, if not the nicest. I think the car looks a lot sportier with the TL-S front bumper, and the AM is just

The M3 VS-XXs and Progressives are definitely the nicest rims out of all of them.
thanks man! and yes the TL-S front is so much nicer imo...the base 04-06 was elegant...but man the bigger grills on the 07+ is just so sweeet!!

Originally Posted by UAwalker808
SO your planing on getting a new car? what kind of car U mainly want to get?
nah, decided to keep the TL =] might grab a 6spd down the road

Originally Posted by flip_side
I've seen your rsx on youtube once with the top fuel exhaust. and I was going to get the exhaust because of that video.. but just like you my type-s turned into a tl by the insurance (totalled mine. =/ )

anyways good stuff man, i was talking to mike from atlp and he said that alot of people including you and him had rsx's and moved on tl's too. keep modding and enjoy it, its cool if its not a 6spd, you still have one hell of a car.
hahaha sweet man! guess you saw all those vids where i lost to the maxima lol. Yeah dude Mike was a former dc5er too. were you on ? and thanks!

Originally Posted by crzygosu87
Nice Tim! Hey ... what is all this secret talk between you and mike??? lol
hahah thanks John buy Joshs LE and i will let you in

Originally Posted by enriquesdrj2_8
Word on the street is you got gagged and thrown in a closet }

heheh jk Good to see you WOndeful story...touching

Your one of the main reasons why I want a TL...and thats coming soon

Regards
haha thanks bro, and nah, didnt get gagged...

Originally Posted by AMGala
Wow, what a transformation! I think my favorite version was The TL VERSION SIX "The WORK-ing TL"
haha thanks man =] I def loved teh VS-XX as well
Old 09-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
hahaha sweet man! guess you saw all those vids where i lost to the maxima lol. Yeah dude Mike was a former dc5er too. were you on ? and thanks!
maxima what!? no... :

haha yeahh i was on that CL_BRSX website (az censors it for some reason), my name is flipside on the boards, been there for 2 years now and for some reason i still cant leave. anyways.. see you at a meet sometime.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:13 PM
wat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Got a really good deal on some Volks LE37 18x8.5 +30, sadly they are 18s...and the TL does not look too good with them imho.

omg </3

lol jk. NICE CAR MAN, YOU HAVE NOZZZZ IN IT?!?!? LETZ RACE.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:15 PM
JDM Laser Fogs!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice Tim! I def. need to check out the Progressive ME, one of my all time favorite rims.
btw, Glad you're staying with us.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 77 Posts
sweet transitions.. your car now is def the best!

I was kind of angry that the traction mag with your TL on it was outdated by the new edition with the Audi... how can i pick up a copy?
Old 09-08-2008, 06:51 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Nice transformation. I did not know you went thru so many wheels. I love those Varianzas wheels. But your TL is always looking sick!! I noticed you installed the 2007 and up A-speck kit. So did you have to get change up the front bumper as well to get it to fit properly?
Old 09-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Unregistered Member

i loved the Varianza wheels man those were hott! btw you sed you got accord v6 Tein SS, so you got teins for the accord, and did it fit properly?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:06 PM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Forget about the 6spd, you need a supercharged version.

You have great taste in wheels Tim, but my favorite are the Varianzas.

The AM Aspec'd Type S conversion is orgasmic. Acura made a dumb move by discontinuing Anthracite.

Didn't you have a set of Buddy Clubs?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:24 PM
E55>>>TLS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no secrets...we're all ATLP family here.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

........your car is sweet
Old 09-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Race Director

Received 596 Likes on 430 Posts
bro, i swear you got THE CLEANEST CAR on here . great write-up, if you ever sell i want dibs on it . did you ever get the s/c that Traction magazine said you wanted?

Quick Reply: ib18c1's FULL Evolution Thread: May2005-September2008 (Lot's of pictures 56k nuhuh)