I made one hell of a mistake.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Eric, sorry for all your trouble. That's an f'ed up situation. Can u post the link to that thread again? For some reason when I click on it, it won't show....
Old 07-15-2009, 05:32 PM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 19 (12 members and 7 guests)
HONgDA, ACCURATEin, astro, BoBByLiGhT83, GmoAcTL, golfjwr, Ht3kn1c, lenjaiah, RonJonTL757, SilverCL97, StYLeZz101, VQPower37

We might see some form of justice but it wouldn't be beneficial to Eric's loss. However, the community will have one less idiot. Idiot is an understatement though.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 639 Likes on 283 Posts
Originally Posted by GmoAcTL
Hey Eric, sorry for all your trouble. That's an f'ed up situation. Can u post the link to that thread again? For some reason when I click on it, it won't show....
it's been deleted.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
Wish he wasn't banned so quickly.. I would've loved to see what he had to say. But I just re-read your story because I didn't understand your time line....but is this correct?

He first fucks up your rotors and caliper, which ended up costing you $1200 bux ... bad mouthed you in that thread...and even after that you let him work on your suspension?

If this is the case, and as much as we are all on your side.. I guess .. you have to blame yourself for allowing this to happen to you. How much is the repairs this time. You need a whole new fender this time.... not to mention possibly a wheel and tire as well.

And I agree with one of the others... send him a picture message of your bill... if I was him .. at the very least I would've either returned everything you have him and tried to close the gap even if I couldn't afford to pay for it all. Geez.. what a scumbag.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Once you get it fixed, I'd sue his ass for the bill. That is going to be an expensive repair.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:47 PM
Former Whyner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
This thread is like Wild Fire
Old 07-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
wow Eric.. that sucks.. glad ur ok.. that guy seemed like such a douche bag.. definitely seemed like there was something wrong with him.. the way he talked made him sound like he thought he was better/smarter then everyone.

Ive helped multiple members with their suspension. And I made a few DIY on . Now I find myself pming everyone I helped just to be sure everything is ok, just to make sure nothing I have done has ever caused anyone grief like this has caused you. This is how it should be. That guy is such crap. No wonder his tranny blew up so many times after he rebuilt it.. I hope everything works out on your car. I know how much you love it. I saw it in your face the one time I met you. Good for you for being the better man and not taking this to some unknown level of anger I know others on here would have reached. Once again, let me know if you ever need anything man.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:04 PM
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
whats his name? is he the guy selling the TL navi kits on ebay?
Old 07-15-2009, 08:33 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by BradE
Once you get it fixed, I'd sue his ass for the bill. That is going to be an expensive repair.
I agree totally...

ps. Damn it took 1 person to petition for his banning... ME... ... astro is on top of it quickly
Old 07-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Intermediate

First off....Its a blessing that you are ok, I am happy to hear that, it could have been worse...As for the car I am super bummed I just recently purchased my TL and your car always showed up when I searched for pictures of TL's when I was making my decision...I guess your car helped aid in my decision......as for the guy its a shame that people would endanger someone else by not being honest about their abilities....his greed could have caused a more serious situation...I live near charlotte I and honestly I cant help you fix your car but I can help you YANK every piece of equipment you gave this guy right out of his car!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:39 PM
GODZILLA & 3G TL

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
Jesus dude...sorry to see such an awesome ride get f'ed up like that, but as it has been said many times in this thread already, glad to hear that you are alright. It could have definitely been much worse. Hope you can get everything fixed soon. What a shame...that first pic just hurts to look at. Good luck man.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Instructor

damn Eric, if you wanted a donor car for your old parts all you had to do was give me a call hahaha, I'd be more than willing to roll up to Charlotte, but ya live and learn right? I saw so many cars screwed up of people letting "experts" do car audio etc that got brought to me to fix at the old job.....My two cents are to either do the work yourself or let someone that is proven to know what the hell is going on.....hate to see this happen to you man, cuz you are one cool mofugga!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:58 PM
Instructor

^agreed with sending him a picture of your bill from Acura, icing on the cake, I hope this guy has learned his lesson!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
dam man... im pissed too and i dont even know you........ seriously. he needs to fix this. not you but HIM and by that i mean let him pay for the repairs. dont even let him look at ur car... what did he have to say about this? im pretty sure if you see him you might go crazy so i dont think you should confront him right now... no use going to jail to make matter worse........also you shouldn't beat urself up, sometimes being nice isnt good but we always remember the results the next time around. personally i would have fucked him up but that the young ignorant me..... you could have been injured or killed

Glad ur ok though. and send his ass the bill and you want new calipers too
Old 07-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hold the fcuk up. The dude with the black 3g with black stocks, sparco seats and the honda grill did this.... hate to add insult to injury but i would let the owner of that car even pump my gas or clean my windshield
Old 07-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by astro
it's been deleted.
If you don't mind me asking, why was it deleted? wasn't he in the wrong anyways? He needs to be put on blast....
Old 07-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Intermediate

Sorry as hell to hear your story. I'm new to the forum, and the TL-scene in general, but learned a lot just from reading through this thread.

Good luck restoring the car to its previous state, its a beautiful ride. Thanks for posting all the detail, this served as a pretty effective cautionary tale for us less-experienced members, especially when it comes to random's working on our cars.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:51 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
Sorry to see this happen!! I have 2 words for you....

CIVIL SUIT!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That pic... just HURTS so bad... dude! So much in fact, I think you should power bomb him. Especially since you didn't even get a "sorry."
Old 07-15-2009, 10:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sigh....why would you even let that retard touch your car?! Being nice gets you nowhere in this f'd up world. Sorry to see bro Couldve been much worse, glad you're okay....cars can be fixed.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:56 PM
Racer

craziness...man at least your alright, ur the reason i got wdp..
Old 07-16-2009, 12:12 AM
Engineer and Machinist

Makes me sick.

I'm going to be in charlotte this weekend to meet up with another guy and give him one of my custom shift knobs. Will you be in town?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:32 AM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
multiquote is one of the greatest additions to this forum. haha

Originally Posted by Laxplaya11385
daaaamn. I knew exactly who it was as soon as i read your 1st post.

Sorry to hear about what happened bro. Good thing is that you're ok.
did you get an estimate yet? and are you going through insurance? or are you thinking of trying to get this guy to pay for part of if not ALL the damage?
No estimate yet. I'm not sure if i should go through insurance or not. I'm really wanting him to come forward and at the very least offer to do something about his destruction.

Originally Posted by AnthraciteAspec
Damn how did I miss this thread last night. Sucks to hear this BS happened to you man. Oh well, all you can do now is learn from your mistakes and move on. Side note: your Invos look like slicks lol
It seems I learn a lot of things through mistakes. I need to finish those invos off and order some wider tires.

Originally Posted by triton3k
wow thats crazy. Glad your doing ok, but I cant even imagine the anger you must feel.
Crazy huh?! Right now i'm not extremely angry, just glad no one is hurt more than anything. When i get to dwelling on the matter, that's when feelings of anger come out.

Originally Posted by alexSU
Any damage to your rims Eric? nice slicks lol
I think there is a slight mark on the lip of the rim due to the fender scratching it.

Originally Posted by AnthraciteAspec
Hey at least your fenders are flared now so you can get some more aggressive wheels
I had always wanted flared fenders! i guess i got what i wanted ! i think the front left is good for 19x11s easily.

Originally Posted by badazzTL-S
Oh God please tell me the Versus Front is ok or can easily be repaired??? OMG I just thought about that, you are the only TL with the rare versus front end. Keeping that bumper in my prayers!!
Surprisingly when the TL sat down it didn't crunch the front bumper. There was enough room for me to remove it. If something happens to that bumper then it'll be the end of it's journey. I don't versus will make another batch.

Originally Posted by jimsta
Wow man....wtf, I can't believe he fuqed up your car like that dude... your car is fuqing sweet...

I'm still shocked that you can still be so nice about all of this... He fuqed up your car and you haven't yelled or complained to him about it...
I hope good karma moves your way because you are just too nice.
Thanks man. Yeah he did a fantastic job of fuqing it up. Hopefully karma will win.

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
super multi-quote is right!!! lol

Yea, i have a temper problem... and usually, when i leave the gym... my testasterone is on the war-path.... i would have been at this dudes house in a heart beat...

I'm getting angry just thinking about this... does this dude know the POWER of AcuraZine?? Does he reeeaaallllyyy want 20+ members showing up at his house...
haha that was the longest multi quote i've ever done. I used to have a pretty good temper problem too. I think a lot of us guys do haha! Charlotte is a small town, so we'll cross paths sooner or later.

Originally Posted by CarrieLynn
WOW
HOLY
SHIT!!!

First of all and most importantly THANK GOD you were in a parking lot!!! THANK GOD!!! and I will add that your car is sexy as hell and when I saw that first pic I was very sad for you!

I remember the other thread with the "mugen tl" I have to say this guy has the silliest TL I have ever seen! I hope he does not think that looks good!
Anyway tho I cannot believe this happened to your car, I am very sorry, I honestly feel bad for you. I let ONE mechanic work on my TL and he has been a Honda tech for over 15yrs. Anything I cannot do by myself or with other aziners he does.

So where the hell is this guy? Has he even seen this thread? Hes not even coming in here to defend himself? If I was him I would feel like an ass ever coming on azine again, I bet he changes his s/n.
Honestly i think 99% of the 3rd gen TL ppl know your car and have much respect for it. For him to do this to your car and now everyone knows it was him.....I really dont think he will be back on here.
I hope everything turns out ok with your car!
Thanks for the words! Oh he's probably reading this thread getting mad. Last time i seen him was at one of the cars and coffee meets the other month and he was afraid to even look in the direction of where my TL was sitting. I remember sitting there looking at him just waiting for him to come say something. Blue shirt, yellow hat, cargo shorts, flip flops. His bumper was painted and it looked better.

He'll be able to view the forum, but he may have to use a different IP address. And if he makes a new name, he will have to learn to spell in order to hide his identity. So maybe, he'll feel so excluded from this online community, that he'll go the length to learn how to spell, and then come on here spelling correctly and no one will even know it's him. So in essence it could be a learning experience for him if he tries that.

Originally Posted by ILLustriousUA6
yes eric, u are way too nice.. if anything, this douche can be talking trash behind your back.. this is what i learned, the hard way.

Sometimes, you just gotta be straight forward, especially to fags like this guy. I'm jus dam glad you're alright man. I'd be real sad to see a TL legend go like this. At least the car can be replaced.

Yes, i would be so down to help you out as well, it's too bad you live so dam far away!. I always take longer than others whenever i work on cars, mine as well as my friends. I make sure it's ON and it's tight, always double checked. I'm always surprised to hear that people can do their coils in 4 hours.. I take the whole freakin 8. Plus more if need to be.

ANYWAYS, definitely ask for your stuff back man. At least so you can sell those seats and get some money out of it. Of all the people around your area, eric, I am DAM SURE that others woulda been MORE THAN WILLING to help you out with the install/removal instead of letting a "tool" like this fag work on it. With a 24pack of beer on top, of course.

You live and you learn tho. And it just sucks that this has to happen to such a nice guy. It's a fked up world we live in. U gotta watch your own back.
Thanks for the words Donald! I think you're right man i am way too nice. I let people shit right on my face it seems. Maybe I should work on being an asshole haha. Donald, if I was working on your car, and you gave me your coilovers in return for the work, and i ended up breaking something, you can rest assured my ass will be giving you those coilovers back, and then some.

haha yeah it is a fairly effed up world huh?!

Originally Posted by esco786
sorry to hear but don't worry it'll be fine again. your car is one of the nicer cars on this site, and it'll stay that way.

my advice to you: next time you see him, don't be nice to the guy.
Thanks man, and you're right. It'll be fine in the end. I'm not sure how i'll act when i see him again. Mostly depends on how he acts. Maybe i'll tell him to kiss my shoes like Ted did in the garage in fast and the furious. "ay Ted, kiss my shoes!"

Originally Posted by alexSU
azine mob you better watch out!
haha azine is a powerful force. I've seen one dude in NJ get cornered for not sending some products out that had been paid for.

Originally Posted by RonJonTL757
I personally treat and respect your car like the FLAG SHIP of Azine. I have never met you or seen your car in person but im sure i would do my best to beat down someone that fucks with it.

Down for a AZ beatdown and while were at it 2. on the ban list!!!

But seriously Eric his car looks like complete ASS. Life altering experiences always makes you stronger
haha the flagship?! nice! Thanks brother. I think he'll beat his own ass down when he gets his tranny up and running again...something self destruct and he'll wreck. Ain't that right Justin? And true about the life experiences, they always make one stronger.

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
when two other members were up to "no good" in the BM.... the lynch squad rectifyed everything
I think i remember that!

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Eric holy shit. My girlfriend and I read every post in this thread and we are shocked to say the least. I'm so sorry man, but damn I'm glad you are okay.

I'm the type of person that if you trust me to do ANYTHING on something you own, and I fuck it up, you bet your ass I'm going to pay for it. Maybe that's the way I was raised, or maybe that's just common sense. I can't believe he hasn't said anything about it and has the nerve to brag about his new stuff he has acquired. That's a douche to say the least. Wow. I'm in disbelief.

Any idea how long it will take to get fixed? Have you gotten an estimate? Can you get insurance involved somehow and see if the guy can be held liable for the damage to your car?

At least you still have the 5AT to whip around haha Good luck with everything man. Keep us updated.
It's disgusting to think of what an asshole this dude has acted like. I would feel horrible if i was working on your TL and messed something up. I might even be like...dude, Tyler, here man...just take my TL. Maybe insurance might be the best route to take. Thanks for the words brother!

Originally Posted by chill_dog

Speechless...

What's the tab this time?
?! I'll find out soon. I'm predicting the same items are going to need replacing as the passenger side did. Definitely the knuckle will need to be replaced. Maybe the axle as well.

Originally Posted by mmade22
Eric, when you called me up the other night and told me the story, I had no idea it was this bad!! Wow dude, I am a loss for words. Justin needs at least two smacks in the mouth and I still wouldn't call it even. I hope all works out in the end. I'll give you a ring later.
Yeah it's pretty bad Jon. Can you file a lawsuit against someone for smacking them? Maybe i'll just smack the shit outta the guy. hahahahahaha Ain't that right Justin? You wouldn't even like that shit would ya buddy? Smack the fuck outta your left cheek and film it with HD and put it on youtube.

Originally Posted by astro
the member in question is banned. You should know better than to support a person who's using AcuraZine to advertise without being an official vendor.
BANISHMENT! It's done. Finished. It's over. End of the line. It neva rains, it pours.

Originally Posted by HONgDA
Good thing the so-called honda tech didn't tackle the navi install, the car probably caught on fire or something.
Yeah seriously. mmade22 was the fucking man that came through victoriously with that solid navi swap. I still owe him for his work. He spent a lot of time and effort in that swap.

Originally Posted by 04 tl
damn dude that is crazy .. this guy is an absolute JERK-OFF.. I'm with Allon on this one i would have been at his house smashing his face into his ugly ass car by now..but thats just me..lol
hahahahahaha. Justin you're lucky i'm a nice guy big dawg. Apparently had this happened to some of these other dudes, you might be a world of shit. Ain't that right?

Originally Posted by golfjwr
Eric,
All I have to say is thank the good lord that you are alright and no one else was injured in this seriously f'ed incident. This dude needs to get slapped in the face like Jon said. I am not sure how you are not seeking this cat out knock him out. Gimme a shout if you need anything I am more than willing to help out. Once again, thank god you are ok.
hahahaha Jesse you are the man buddy. Thanks for the words man, i'm glad everyone is ok as well. Could be thousands times worse.

Originally Posted by GmoAcTL
I think it has been erased from the database forever.

Originally Posted by HONgDA