HRE's ON!!! Most agressive fitment on a 3G? maybe maybe

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009 | 11:31 PM
FizzyStatus!

Originally Posted by JJaber06
Measuring for clearance: This isn't hard

-Without wheels? Yeah it is, mocking up exact measurements as to where the wheels going to sit took me a while.

Wheels specs: Most people already know the ranges the car can fit ( I haven't seen a TL run thinner than 7.5" or wider than 10.5")

-Yeah but combine that with offsets, that's what changes everything. It took me forever to pick out which offsets I wanted.

Rolling/flaring fenders: Takes a shop 20 minutes to do

-Exactly, a shop. Plus, getting it done right takes a good amount of effort. I got mine done from a local shop a while ago and had to get everything fixed by a friend whose been in the aggressive wheel scene forever. He heated everything and re-rolled it so they would be pressed up for maximum clearance.

Measuring Tire Size: You can choose to stretch or choose not to

-Sure, but how much stretch on what size wheel makes a big difference in flushness.

Actually mounting the tire on: ? lol, this goes into most wheel/tire setups

-Um, it takes ALOT of effort to mount stretched tires.........

Adjusting Height: The joy of adjustable coilovers...takes 10 minutes per corner, i doubt anyone gets their setup corner balanced.

-Yeah but see you're not looking at the overall picture. Anyone...well everyone adjusts coilovers but to have that perfect ride height where it sits at your preference yet is still practical is key.

Setting camber/toe: This is probably the only difficult part, and most people don't even bother to run a camber kit.

-Yep.

After watching some video's on car restoration, i can safely say none of this is hard work compared to actual work that people do to their cars. Then again, I guess there isn't really any other area we can focus on with almost no aftermarket support.
I don't know, I don't really expect most of AZine to understand the "dope" factor, as we're still stuck on ACURA front bumper inserts, LED's, and door handle inserts. It's just a different style and it's not for everyone but it's just funny to watch people bash it just because they're narrow minded and don't know much about it, therefore, not having the appreciation for it.

My car isn't super-low and doesn't even really have crazy stretched tires, so I'm not defending myself, I'm just saying.
Old 04-23-2009 | 11:33 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

dayton's is and always will be the shit meng...
Old 04-24-2009 | 12:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
I don't know, I don't really expect most of AZine to understand the "dope" factor, as we're still stuck on ACURA front bumper inserts, LED's, and door handle inserts. It's just a different style and it's not for everyone but it's just funny to watch people bash it just because they're narrow minded and don't know much about it, therefore, not having the appreciation for it.

My car isn't super-low and doesn't even really have crazy stretched tires, so I'm not defending myself, I'm just saying.
Everyone has a different opinion of a "dope" factor, which is what it pretty much boils down to. Just looking on the Audi forums while i'm in my S4 stage, there are those that choose to turn their car into an insane road machine, and others that turn it into a show car. If I do end up getting mine, i'd probably go all performance and throw on some OEM RS4 wheels and a front lip. Having a 4.2L V8 screaming at 7k RPM with straight pipe exhaust is more dope to me than being slammed with undriveable wheel fitment that some of those other audi folk run That doesn't make one better than the other, just shows certain people have certain priorities.

As far as being narrow minded, I think its easier to dislike a car that was intentionally hindered of performance than one that was focused on performance. Think about it, how can you possibly hate on someone who tries to make their car fast? You can't....even if its 100% stock from the outside, you still respect it (sleepers etc..)

Now think of show cars....there are too many variables that go into show cars that "irks" different people. Added weight, undriveable drop/wheel fitment, super stretched tires, wierd paint jobs etc...It opens a whole realm of things to be hated on.
Old 04-24-2009 | 12:11 AM
FizzyStatus!

Originally Posted by JJaber06
Everyone has a different opinion of a "dope" factor, which is what it pretty much boils down to. Just looking on the Audi forums while i'm in my S4 stage, there are those that choose to turn their car into an insane road machine, and others that turn it into a show car. If I do end up getting mine, i'd probably go all performance and throw on some OEM RS4 wheels and a front lip. Having a 4.2L V8 screaming at 7k RPM with straight pipe exhaust is more dope to me than being slammed with undriveable wheel fitment that some of those other audi folk run That doesn't make one better than the other, just shows certain people have certain priorities.

As far as being narrow minded, I think its easier to dislike a car that was intentionally hindered of performance than one that was focused on performance. Think about it, how can you possibly hate on someone who tries to make their car fast? You can't....even if its 100% stock from the outside, you still respect it (sleepers etc..)

Now think of show cars....there are too many variables that go into show cars that "irks" different people. Added weight, undriveable drop/wheel fitment, super stretched tires, wierd paint jobs etc...It opens a whole realm of things to be hated on.
Haha I can agree with you on that, even though you're not getting an S4, you're getting an E46 M3 or it won't be right, haha.

OK OK OK...LETS STOP BEING JD TL-S AND STOP THREADJACKING

THOSE HRE'S ARE SWEET..CONTINUE ON..
Old 04-24-2009 | 12:21 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Rears look great, are you gonna work the fronts at all?
Old 04-24-2009 | 12:27 AM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

I'll just say WDP FTW and keep it at that. I don't wanna get flamed. I'll take my 19x8.5, +42 offset all around and sit in the corner.
Old 04-24-2009 | 12:29 AM
FizzyStatus!

Originally Posted by HONgDA
I'll just say WDP FTW and keep it at that. I don't wanna get flamed. I'll take my 19x8.5, +42 offset all around and sit in the corner.
lol I didn't mean it like that, I was saying some people go the extra mile for aggressive wheels and others prefer to get something easier to work with, come on man, you know I'm a huge fan of your car
Old 04-24-2009 | 12:53 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by gatdammit
I have multi pieced iForged Daytonas (some say HRE knock offs? hehe) ... I'm getting bored with the Anthracite face. So what's involved in actually refinishing these myself? How long did it take? Brushed Aluminum looks great! I know it takes a bit of elbow grease but what's involved in the process? Should I just Pm you? hahaha
Just PM me some pictures of the wheels.

Originally Posted by 2004TLdippin
damn...the iforged wheels i got cant put spacers...its all flat =(...theres no holes with the spacers suppose to be at...sucks...oh wells...
Damn, that sucks. o well. haha

Haha I can agree with you on that, even though you're not getting an S4, you're getting an E46 M3 or it won't be right, haha.

OK OK OK...LETS STOP BEING JD TL-S AND STOP THREADJACKING

THOSE HRE'S ARE SWEET..CONTINUE ON..
Yes please. This is a never ending dispute between "Show and Go" if u want to call it that.

Originally Posted by sT04Louis
Rears look great, are you gonna work the fronts at all?

Yah, Im planning on running a minimum 20mm spacer. crap, funny thing is I just sold some project kics like a couple months ago
Them maybe running a 205 on the 8.5. BOY O BOY, I bet u guys love to hear that.

Pleaes remember im not going to daily these rims. Its just for shoots meets and cruises and what not.
Old 04-24-2009 | 12:57 AM
B A N N E D

Different strokes for different folks. Some appriciate/respect crazy widths and offsets and some just cant stand it. Cant please eveyone. just most
Old 04-24-2009 | 01:03 AM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

lol I didn't mean it like that, I was saying some people go the extra mile for aggressive wheels and others prefer to get something easier to work with, come on man, you know I'm a huge fan of your car
What I meant was that I'll stay away from the discussion of aggressive fitments since I'm all about conservative fitment. I didn't want to get flamed by WalkerUA6.

I respect others that like the aggressiveness. It's their ride, I'm just putting in my

<3

Last edited by HONgDA; 04-24-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 04-24-2009 | 01:10 AM
B A N N E D

Why would I flame you? lol. I really dont care. bout 50% of the guys on azine dont like it. I dont really care. like I said diff stroke for diff folks
Old 04-24-2009 | 01:19 AM
blah

I think the wheels and stance looks great. But I think they would look better if they were 19s.
Old 04-24-2009 | 01:44 AM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

Originally Posted by WalkerUA6
Why would I flame you? lol. I really dont care. bout 50% of the guys on azine dont like it. I dont really care. like I said diff stroke for diff folks
Because you are yakuza in Hawaii.
Old 04-24-2009 | 01:47 AM
Banned

I think you should widen the front just to go with the rear.

It looks like a hot slim chick with fat legs right now.
Old 04-24-2009 | 01:51 AM
ppsssshhhhhhhhh

hahaha yep he just officially turned yakuza today just look at his wheels v.i.p!!!!
Old 04-24-2009 | 01:59 AM
steeez

emazing..
Old 04-24-2009 | 02:39 AM
Feenin on some 20's

looks so sick!! the brush finish is so dam hot.. very nice job man.

love HRE"s.. lower it more budd..
Old 04-24-2009 | 03:06 AM
USDM -> JDM

sickkk! i love the rear wheels...
Old 04-24-2009 | 03:38 AM
wat

Rears are zomgwtfbbbqhellaflushftmfw!!!
Old 04-24-2009 | 03:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

that looks great dammit I need a more agressive set up now
Old 04-24-2009 | 03:58 AM
Advanced

i think the op bought the rims second hand...so it is easier to just buy and "make them fit" you can add spacer, however it is not a true perfect fit. you can't really stretch more on a 8.5...

if i want this look i would pull and repaint, dial in suspension, measure, then order the wheels and wait for the finish results.
Old 04-24-2009 | 06:03 AM
ACTASY

uawalker im just givin you a hard time because wen i was gettin my car done their was always somethin you didnt like so yea!
Old 04-24-2009 | 07:24 AM
boost owns

Props for not daily'ing this setup, and putting on the stockers with the baby in the car. Glad to see the priority there.
Old 04-24-2009 | 08:44 AM
Smokin blunts w/ Tupac in

looks weird..
Old 04-24-2009 | 09:16 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Damn... this thread blew up overnight...

Walker... looks absolutely Dope Ballah...

Please tell me you're going to reconsider rolling on these everyday... if not, what's the point of ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!

Keep pimpin... respect!
Old 04-24-2009 | 09:26 AM
A Happily Modded TL-S

looks like a low rider, i'm not feeling the look.
Old 04-24-2009 | 09:52 AM
2009 g37s 6mt

Originally Posted by stillhere153
dang homes... You are an evil genious... That rear looks money ... And yea the front isn't less aggressive it still is aggressive it's just that the rear's making it look stock

Oh and yea don't forget the
+1
Old 04-24-2009 | 01:39 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Vietnastee
I think the wheels and stance looks great. But I think they would look better if they were 19s.
I to wish they were 19s

LULZ YAKUZA hahahahha

Originally Posted by elkayem
I think you should widen the front just to go with the rear.

It looks like a hot slim chick with fat legs right now.
Thats what im planning on doing

Originally Posted by ecliptics
emazing..
thanx

Originally Posted by ILLustriousUA6
looks so sick!! the brush finish is so dam hot.. very nice job man.

love HRE"s.. lower it more budd..
I will lower it more one day lol. thanks man

Originally Posted by AZN.M3NACE
sickkk! i love the rear wheels...
OMGGGGGG MEE TOO HAHHAA

Originally Posted by scotterson
Rears are zomgwtfbbbqhellaflushftmfw!!!

Ill take that as a compliment.

Originally Posted by mrchan625
that looks great dammit I need a more agressive set up now
Thanx man. agressive is the way to go.

Originally Posted by TSXinHI fan
i think the op bought the rims second hand...so it is easier to just buy and "make them fit" you can add spacer, however it is not a true perfect fit. you can't really stretch more on a 8.5...

if i want this look i would pull and repaint, dial in suspension, measure, then order the wheels and wait for the finish results.
Yah I bought them 2nd hand. Just buy um and make the car fit the wheels.
If that was a compliment thanx. if not then ok haha

Originally Posted by LwPTL1223
uawalker im just givin you a hard time because wen i was gettin my car done their was always somethin you didnt like so yea!
I never gave u crap. the time we got into a dispute was because I was claiming that over time without waxing the paint will turn dull. I was proved wrong and I gave up. you also said youd wax often so i mean. I was trying to prove a point. about the whole wetsand/buff out itll turn dull with out maintanace. It had notthing to do with your car in general.

Originally Posted by Audioserf
Props for not daily'ing this setup, and putting on the stockers with the baby in the car. Glad to see the priority there.
Yup. safty first.

Originally Posted by dumamei
looks weird..
ok

Originally Posted by rodneyc77
Damn... this thread blew up overnight...

Walker... looks absolutely Dope Ballah...

Please tell me you're going to reconsider rolling on these everyday... if not, what's the point of ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!

Keep pimpin... respect!
I would love to daily it but I dont feel too safe with the 225s hahaha I have 60PSI in them right now to keep them on the bead. until i get 235s then ill daily. thanx man

Originally Posted by blue rocket
looks like a low rider, i'm not feeling the look.
ok=

Originally Posted by ssmtl2nv
+1
+2
Old 04-24-2009 | 02:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WalkerUA6
Thats what im planning on doing
Haha good.

You better show us when you get that done, cuz your car is sex.
Old 04-24-2009 | 02:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Looks nice and agressive, nice work man! DO you have full side shots by any chance?
Old 04-24-2009 | 03:21 PM
Burning Brakes

in reference to your thread title....

for now

no really tho, looks great. MOAR LOWER!
Old 04-24-2009 | 03:21 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by elkayem
Haha good.

You better show us when you get that done, cuz your car is sex.
Will do

Originally Posted by juruki
Looks nice and agressive, nice work man! DO you have full side shots by any chance?
Thanx man, No side shots. Still got a little work to do left and ill do a proper shoot
Old 04-24-2009 | 04:57 PM
Suzuka Master

looks really good. poke and stretch FTMFW
Old 04-24-2009 | 09:30 PM
B A N N E D

Thanx man
Old 04-24-2009 | 09:58 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Stretching tires like that can't be safe.
Old 04-24-2009 | 10:05 PM
B A N N E D

It isnt. thats why its soooo sick.
Old 04-24-2009 | 10:45 PM
Photographer

not my cup of tea. but like you said different strokes for different folks. personally i think the staggered look, looks best on RWD cars.
Old 04-24-2009 | 11:06 PM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

Props for pullin it off, that shit is crazy aggressive.
Old 04-24-2009 | 11:09 PM
SSgt. Hood

Wow sexy..

I love those wheels!!
Old 04-24-2009 | 11:17 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by DNPhotography
not my cup of tea. but like you said different strokes for different folks. personally i think the staggered look, looks best on RWD cars.

Originally Posted by DN Photography
now this is F*N pimpin. this aint no base model crap
This is a quote from another site ^^

Ouch! base model TL's are crap? damn I hate my life

Originally Posted by AnthraciteAspec
Props for pullin it off, that shit is crazy aggressive.
Thanx man, was kinda hard to get to fit haha

Originally Posted by Bubz
Wow sexy..

I love those wheels!!
Thanx man

Quick Reply: HRE's ON!!! Most agressive fitment on a 3G? maybe maybe