Gotta choose...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 07:42 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gotta choose...

OK. Got a Redondo Red / Camel on order... Not due till July 15th, but it could be longer as I don't even have VIN#'s yet...

My dealer can score me an Anthrocite / Ebony if I want it... What are y'alls opinions?

Anyone have good Camel Interior and Ebony Interior pics? I'm not entirely sold on the 'carbon fiber' interior look vs. the faux wood. To me the carbon fiber appears a little cheap. Can you help me decide?
Old 06-30-2004, 12:39 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Let me move your thread here for a day...

Old 06-30-2004, 07:40 AM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't have either color, so I can be somewhat non-biased.

80% (or so it seems) of all the TLs are black, white, silver, or gray. All are nice, but they're all over the place. The less common colors are the red, green, blue, and "Desert Mist". I'm speaking of the NYC/Long Island area. Other regions may be different.

You should get the Anthracite if you really like that color, however, the red is very nice and you won't see yourself coming and going.

My car has the Quartz interior with the faux carbon fiber. I think the carbon fiber looks good against the silver/gray interior, and I suspect it would also look nice against the Ebony interior. I'm not much into fake wood trim, but it probably looks pretty good against the camel or parchment interiors. I guess that's why Acura bundles the trim and interior color combos that way.

Bottom line is that you have to go with what you like since you're making the payments. My vote, however, is for Redondo Red.

Good luck!
Old 06-30-2004, 07:48 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Havok423
OK. Got a Redondo Red / Camel on order... Not due till July 15th, but it could be longer as I don't even have VIN#'s yet...

My dealer can score me an Anthrocite / Ebony if I want it... What are y'alls opinions?

Anyone have good Camel Interior and Ebony Interior pics? I'm not entirely sold on the 'carbon fiber' interior look vs. the faux wood. To me the carbon fiber appears a little cheap. Can you help me decide?
Personally, I like the Anthracite/Ebony...of course, that's what I'm driving now. However, if I had to do it all over again, I would probably choose a more rare color combo like the Redondo Red. The previous poster is right, you see silvers, grays, blacks all over the place when you see a TL. I have yet to see a WDP or a Redondo Red or even a green TL.

No one else can decide but you.....choose what you want and you'll be happy.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:18 AM
Intermediate

I can give you a truly biased opinion. Go for the Anthracite! But as the above poster said, "go with what you like." Better to get a color you will enjoy than choose a color based on how many are on the road. I've seen few TL's in my neck of the woods, so standing out with a different color isn't really an issue. I just stand out because I have a sweet car!
BTW - my wife thinks the acura red looks like fingernail polish.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:40 AM
You touch my tra la la...

Good Camel Shot;

Good if you are looking for classy.

Good Ebony Shot;

Good if you are looking for sporty.

Ebony gets my vote.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Anthracite/Ebony, best combination
Old 06-30-2004, 10:14 AM
Pro

Well its your car you shouldnt let one of us decide for you. I like the anthracite and ebony. One reason I dont like wood grain interiors like the camel. Although I do think the camel looks a little classier than the ebony. Thats just me though. Good luck choosing. Oh yea black is hotter in the summer
Old 06-30-2004, 02:31 PM
Advanced

Thanks everyone!!

I made the decision to go with the Redondo Red / Camel I have on order...

FYI, as of yesterday, McDavid Acura in Austin had an SSM/6MT/NAV and an Anthracite/6MT/NAV on the lot with ebony interiors. Both are unspoken for I believe.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:52 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Mission completed...

Old 06-30-2004, 09:22 PM
10th Gear

great choice.. i got the red/camel..i hardly see it on the streets of nyc or upstate. i see wht..blk..anthracite(whats the big deal wit this color) its not all dat in my opinion
Old 06-30-2004, 10:15 PM
Advanced

Nice! Good for you. I have RR Parchment. If the "new" Camel had been available in March when I bought my car I might have Anthracite/Camel right now. I have not one regret however. The RR looks great when clean, the Parchment/Camel interiors add elegance to the sporty look of the car, and it's one of the rare colors on the street. Congratulations and enjoy the ride!