Fresh Wash and Attempted HDR Shots

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 07:08 PM

Received 9,502 Likes on 6,173 Posts
Fresh Wash and Attempted HDR Shots

First let me say that I'm too broke to buy the full version of the HDR software, therefore all of my HDR photos have the watermark on them

Also, this was my first time taking HDR photos. Honestly, I had no idea what I was doing, so any tips are greatly appreciated. To the photography gurus, please use terms that my noob ass can understand

Within the last month, with the help of bobbylight83, I blacked out my headlights and added switchbacks. It was time to get that nasty cheap headlight tint off and properly black them out. I also took off my rear Acura emblem and painted it black. With more and more pieces of my car being either black or white, the chrome look of the emblem stuck out like a sore thumb on the car. This week I will be painting my calipers and my rotor hubs black. They aren't looking too great, so I'm planning on getting the rust off with a dremel and painting over everything to prevent further rust build up. Yes I need a drop and the A-Spec kit but I can't afford either of them as of right now.

Regular non-HDR pictures:

HDR:

Once again, any critiques will greatly appreciated. I'm still trying to learn all of the settings with the HDR software I downloaded. It was super windy today, therefore the clouds may look a little choppy. I've realized a lot of the pictures are very bright and colorful and I did that on purpose. It was absolutely gorgeous today, 70 and sunny, so I wanted to try to incorporate that into the pictures.

Thanks for looking
Old 11-29-2009, 07:11 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
The originals turned out better than the HDR's. Nice pics.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:23 PM
173rd Airborne!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Nice pics Tyler, your headlights look good! I'll deffinately have to check your car out at the meet Saturday.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:25 PM
e92 335i

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
you've gotta remove the pinstripe on both sides of the car bro
Old 11-29-2009, 08:35 PM
stuck in traffic...

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ladiesman217
^ + 1
otherwise looking good man
Old 11-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
nice!

You need that A SPEC body kit!
Old 11-29-2009, 09:17 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Pictures look great, but on a side note.. That interior needs some cleaning. Magic clean erasers would take care of all those marks.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:08 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Received 99 Likes on 91 Posts
Type-S tails and a black roof would be

Looks good though.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Tyler, your car looks really nice-you've done some very good mods. If you like the pinstripping-leave the pinstripping.

It's funny to read everyone's mod suggestions. But I think they missed the part where you said you were broke!
Old 11-29-2009, 11:04 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
nice mods so far....

will wait until the drop and lip kit comes
Old 11-29-2009, 11:44 PM
Area on my XM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I want your wheels... <cough>

Looks great!
Old 11-30-2009, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by princelybug
The originals turned out better than the HDR's. Nice pics.
That's what I sort of though too. I think the HDR's turned out a bit grainy while the non-HDR's turned out crisp. I'm sure it has something to do with my noob-ness

Thanks for the comment!

Originally Posted by ACE32TL
Nice pics Tyler, your headlights look good! I'll deffinately have to check your car out at the meet Saturday.
Thanks Al! I'm glad I was finally able to get my headlights done. I doubt my car will even get glanced at during the meet haha, but it's all good. I'm pumped to see yours and everything you've done so far

Originally Posted by ladiesman217
I know It came like that and I just haven't gotten around to it. I'll probably wait until March or so when it's warmer and I can spend a whole day outside doing it. I just don't want it affecting my clear coat.

Originally Posted by vester1986
^ + 1
otherwise looking good man
Thanks! I want your front A-Spec lip! Well in WDP of course
Originally Posted by TheChamp531
nice!

You need that A SPEC body kit!
I know I do I'm saving my pennies right now. Hopefully between Christmas and my birthday in March and I can pick it up! I really want a DSLR camera though. Decisions decisions

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Pictures look great, but on a side note.. That interior needs some cleaning. Magic clean erasers would take care of all those marks.
Are you talking about the black mark on the passenger side of the center console? My girlfriend was writing with a pen and it exploded

I've never considered using those Magic Erasers, even though my mom is obsessed with them. See any other spots I should clean up?

Originally Posted by TLin401
Type-S tails and a black roof would be

Looks good though.
Thanks man! I see you are venturing from the 1st gen TL section. Getting some ideas?

I really like my black tails for now, it ties in with the black sidemarkers and such, but I'll consider those eventually. And I would LOVE a black roof, but I think I want the A-Spec kit and a drop first. It's without a doubt on my to-do list though

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Tyler, your car looks really nice-you've done some very good mods. If you like the pinstripping-leave the pinstripping.

It's funny to read everyone's mod suggestions. But I think they missed the part where you said you were broke!
Steven thanks man! I'm just trying to keep up with you

I honestly hate the pin-stripping, but just haven't gotten around to taking it off. The gold looks like crap compared to the rest of the car being black and white

And yea funds are pretty low at the moment. If somebody would like to order me the A-Spec kit, I would gladly put it on the car!

Originally Posted by Blazing GT
nice mods so far....

will wait until the drop and lip kit comes
Thanks! I can't wait until my car finally gets situated. I'm not sure how long it will take to get that way, but considering I'm keeping this thing until it dies, I'm not in a huge rush. I asked Santa for the A-Spec kit and he denied the request

Originally Posted by Red Voodoo
I want your wheels... <cough>

Looks great!
And I want your A-Spec kit and your suspension set-up!

Keep your eyes open for the A-Spec wheels on Craigslist. I got mine from a local guy for $500
Old 11-30-2009, 07:38 AM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only thing i could really suggest, try taking a few pics in raleigh and see how they turn out.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:48 AM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Thanks man! I see you are venturing from the 1st gen TL section. Getting some ideas?

I really like my black tails for now, it ties in with the black sidemarkers and such, but I'll consider those eventually. And I would LOVE a black roof, but I think I want the A-Spec kit and a drop first. It's without a doubt on my to-do list though
I have had some ideas for while but nothing is going to happen any time soon.

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Thanks! I can't wait until my car finally gets situated. I'm not sure how long it will take to get that way, but considering I'm keeping this thing until it dies, I'm not in a huge rush. I asked Santa for the A-Spec kit and he denied the request

Ask Santa for a black roof then.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:16 PM
1st TL-S on air in

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How did you shoot the hdr's. Did you use the raw files or the jpegs. I know that when you do HDR with raw files there is more room for play. But the originals without post processing came out nice.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:49 PM
3rd Gear

HDR shots take some practice. I know that having a white car makes it very hard for them to turn out properly. I sit down and mess with the settings for hours and until I get what I want....then take it to photoshop to make the final touches.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:32 PM
LiQuiDFleX81

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your car looks good, in time even better... but... $500 for aspecs???? that guy was either really dumb or i don't know... do the wheels have any defects at all? scuffed finish? curb rash? bent? just curious
Old 11-30-2009, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by odehboy
The only thing i could really suggest, try taking a few pics in raleigh and see how they turn out.
I've been up to Raleigh bunches of times for meets and such but I wasn't really into photography when I went, I just took a simple P&S with me. Now that I have my hands on a nicer camera with more capabilities, I would love to go to Raleigh and take some pics.

Do you live in the area?

I have had some ideas for while but nothing is going to happen any time soon.

Ask Santa for a black roof then.
Same with me. I have my to-do list for my car but with money being tight, it's going to be a while. I'm very impatient when it comes to anything and everything, but as long as it gets on the car within the next year or so, I'll be good.

Santa is being very stingy this year and thinks I should stop "wasting" money on my car. Therefore I'm sure I'll be getting the typical necessities such as socks

Originally Posted by wrxyboy
How did you shoot the hdr's. Did you use the raw files or the jpegs. I know that when you do HDR with raw files there is more room for play. But the originals without post processing came out nice.
On the camera I saved them as JPEGs. Once I uploaded them to my computer and to the HDR software somehow they got changed to TIFF files. When I wanted to upload them on Photobucket, it wouldn't let me use the TIFF files, so I had to convert them back to JPEG. Pain in my ass.

I actually looked at your thread with the HDR pictures you did for some ideas and that helped quite a bit. You used the sky to balance the car out in a few of your pictures, and if you look at mine, I tried to do the same. I was going to comment on that thread but I didn't feel like bumping it back up and everyone being like wtf

I planned on taking some more pictures today but it effing rained

Originally Posted by Indy_TL
HDR shots take some practice. I know that having a white car makes it very hard for them to turn out properly. I sit down and mess with the settings for hours and until I get what I want....then take it to photoshop to make the final touches.
HDR is way harder than I thought. I just thought I could slap some pictures together and they would turn out perfect, but it was quite the opposite. If you look at my pictures, you can tell that I couldn't make up my mind on the color brightness and such, resulting in every picture being different with the HDR elements put into them. Unfortunately I don't have PS to make any additional changes

Originally Posted by Liquidflex81
your car looks good, in time even better... but... $500 for aspecs???? that guy was either really dumb or i don't know... do the wheels have any defects at all? scuffed finish? curb rash? bent? just curious
Thanks man! I've got some plans rolled up my sleeves for sure but just can't afford them as of right now.

The guy had recently bought a set of new Ebony Chrome A-Specs and wanted to sell the gunmetal set ASAP. He didn't know that the 18x18.5 were only made for a year, so of course I didn't tell Each of the wheels have a scratch or two, but nothing serious. Being 5 years old, the paint has started to fade just a tad as well. I'm sure because it's my car that I notice these things, I'm sure to anybody else they wouldn't be able to tell. It was a great buy for sure. I <3 Craigslist.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:39 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Socks are always win.

Black no show socks especially.

Thinking about it I need more socks...
Old 11-30-2009, 09:46 PM
2nd Gear

Good pictures!
Old 11-30-2009, 09:55 PM
B A N N E D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lookin good. Thought about lowering it ?
Old 11-30-2009, 10:36 PM

Socks are always win.

Black no show socks especially.

Thinking about it I need more socks...
Socks are great. I prefer white no-show socks though. I got some New Balance socks a few months back and they are the most comfy socks I've ever had. Well except for the ones I had when I was little with the sticky stuff on the bottom so I wouldn't slip

And it sounds like you figured out something you need to ask Santa for

Originally Posted by Thiru
Good pictures!
Thank you

Originally Posted by Darkside TSX
Lookin good. Thought about lowering it ?
I would love a drop, but money is pretty tight as of right now. It'll get done eventually for sure