Finally Cleared-Out my Headlights, Type-S Diffusers, Custon Clear Reflectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 11:19 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by chill_dog
Look like my custom clear reflectors on TL-S diffusers, except I tinted mine. Looks good.
Cool

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Maybe put 1 bulb in backward, although normally that would cause it to not light up.

I know that when I did the switchbacks, they blinked normally for hazard, but fast for turn signal. Must be a balance in the current going to one side vs. the other or you got wires crossed. Have you installed resistors or something else to anything else on that circuit?
I tried that and the bulb does not light up if i put it in backwards.
No i dont have resistors installed for anything yet, the ony thing i have wired to the rear tailights is my 07-08 side mirrors, but i dont think that would affect anything.

Originally Posted by SSM3GTL
man your car flows nicely, all the white and clear and the subtle chrome looks like an iceberg lol
Thanx Brrrrrr lol

Originally Posted by dwb993
Mine also did both of these symptoms---would not light when inserted incorrectly and normal hazard/hyper turn. I would check the trunk and hood areas for an already existing resistor. If I could not find one, I would install the resistors to see what happens. Make sure you get a good connection with the taps, then secure everything with electrical tape.
will definately try that as soon as i get some time, been so busy with work it's getting rediculous.

Originally Posted by MissCourtney
Ugh i want mine clear.
Just do it NIKE

Originally Posted by skd2k1
Looks good. I would re-do my headlights if I had a set of those reflectors. And I agree with Rockyfeller...share the wealth dude! Everyone on here clears their headlights because someone else on the forum showed us how.
Thanx,

man clearing headlight has been around for a while way before the 3rd gen TL's have been around, people have done them on all typrs of cars.

The method i used is not cost efficient the tailight that were used for the clear diffusers are around $180 used then you have to use the crap out of a dremel just to get them to size. such a pain.......
Old 06-05-2010, 01:11 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
Sup Dipset,

Your reply shows me you have class man, I respect you. Thank you for not taking my comments the wrong way because I know I was mildly harsh We just agree to disagree.

I know it is a photo thread and not a DIY, I get that. There are plenty of sources for white reflectors for sure. But something that is cut with ideal shape, prism pattern, etc. makes all the difference of keeping it looking stock OEMish. It looks really good.

You know it's like asking a cook "Mmmm this dish is delicious" and they won't spill their secret. Some want to know, others think it should remain unsaid. But it's all good man, mod on!!
Old 06-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,962 Likes on 14,481 Posts
If you wired to 1 side for the side lights the combined current draw of all led bulbs on that sides circuit MAY be what's tricking the system into NOT alerting you to a "bulb out" (which is why you get the hyperflash).

Get me? Like if you have both turn signals on 1 circuit then 3 bulbs at 5 volts each may be enough to make that side of the car think it DOESN'T have a bulb out.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 170 Posts
OH, right---I forgot about the sides. That may be the case.
Still, I would try installing the resistors to see what happens.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:11 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks damn good man.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:20 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by rockyfeller
Sup Dipset,

Your reply shows me you have class man, I respect you. Thank you for not taking my comments the wrong way because I know I was mildly harsh We just agree to disagree.

I know it is a photo thread and not a DIY, I get that. There are plenty of sources for white reflectors for sure. But something that is cut with ideal shape, prism pattern, etc. makes all the difference of keeping it looking stock OEMish. It looks really good.

You know it's like asking a cook "Mmmm this dish is delicious" and they won't spill their secret. Some want to know, others think it should remain unsaid. But it's all good man, mod on!!
No hard feelings rocky, thanx for the kind words. will definately keep modding

Originally Posted by rockstar143
If you wired to 1 side for the side lights the combined current draw of all led bulbs on that sides circuit MAY be what's tricking the system into NOT alerting you to a "bulb out" (which is why you get the hyperflash).

Get me? Like if you have both turn signals on 1 circuit then 3 bulbs at 5 volts each may be enough to make that side of the car think it DOESN'T have a bulb out.
I kind of get you, lol
one things that was weird to me was that even before i hooked up the led or cleared my headllights for that matter, that one of my fuses keept blowing out. it was a 15 blue fuse under the hood. i think some wire might be making ground with something, because i raised the fuse to a 20 and it held for a while untill eventually blowing out.

now im running a 30 i dont think thats to good but i just dont have the time to look at it right now cause of work

Originally Posted by dwb993
OH, right---I forgot about the sides. That may be the case.
Still, I would try installing the resistors to see what happens.
i gonna try and install some on the side thatr's hyper blinking to see if that corrects thing. just got to find the some time to do all this.

Originally Posted by Ron757
Looks damn good man.
Thanx