A delicately modded TL

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile A delicately modded TL

I am posting the following images of my vehicle and internal mods done, not for any great praise, because the mods are not original nor are they exceptional. I am posting them to show that this community matters and that those of you who tried first have been heard. Also, these images will be a small encouragement for those thousands of guests, who browse this sight but never leave feedback or knowledge, to join and weigh in. Perhaps, one mod idea will give them the bug too and they will think of something new. In summation, thanks for the tireless work of the moderators and contributors who made it easier for this noob to transition from stock to custom.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

These above pics obviously shows from several angles the addition of an Aspec lip, which, while costly ($350), adds some muscularity and makes the Acura looks less like its little sister Accord. Another change to the front you can see in the last picture is cleared headlights (thanks Brettallica) which our friend Brett had sent to Retrofit. Below are a closer view of these lights and the last one shows a bulb designed for cleared headlights (no ugly yellow tint here ) fully lit. Sort of a now you see me now you don't.

[IMG][/IMG]

The next aesthetic mod I did was to replace the dome and map lights with red leds front and back (from the full write up in 3g garage) and blue in the doors. I think I am the only one that tried the red led interior, if I am wrong do not scream just stand up, and I personally love it. They are not as distracting at night, when lit, and add a certain ill intent to the car. These pics did not turn out so well because of shakiness and the red does not reflect well off my quartz interior, but the true experience is just sitting in it.

[IMG][/IMG]

The next set of pictures are of an unintentional mod I did in removing what I thought was carbon buildup in the tips. I am pretty sure now it was heat resistant paint and some still remains that I gave up on. I may or may not repaint it.

Including these mods, I added a Comptech Short Shifter and deleted the midmuffler. Thanks for all the help guys and post any questions, complaints or suggestions; ask my opinion on what I did if you so choose. Keeping the dialogue going is what is most important in our pursuit of busywork and light reading during buisness hours. Forgive all the spelling errors as I am writing this as quickly as possible to get out of the office, cheers and let me leave you with one more image that made the purchase of this vehicle possible.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
lookin good..........keep up the good work!
Old 04-25-2007, 03:46 PM
My Daily Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks nice. How much scrubbing did it take to get those tips to look like that! Must have been pretty time consuming!!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 03:59 PM

Received 5,920 Likes on 2,918 Posts
Car looks good...and that was a SOLID post!
Old 04-25-2007, 04:00 PM
There's alot of asian in

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
cant help to notice that ur rims are dirty lol
Old 04-25-2007, 04:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Looks good. I see your from ATL. You should come to the next meet.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Black Mamba

I love the look of your headlights, it's so clean. Your interior reminds me of superman, lol....
Old 04-25-2007, 06:52 PM
2006 TL

Looks nice... also looks like theres a scratch in the front "A" emblem housing.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
very nice and clean.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by johnny--2k
looks nice. How much scrubbing did it take to get those tips to look like that! Must have been pretty time consuming!!!!
It took about an hour and a half with coarse sandpaper and Simple Green. Due to the difficulty of the scrubbing, it should have dawned on me that it was paint. (again ). In addition, I installed 35 % Rockblockers on the brake and side light housings last night. Easily one of the more frustrating DIYs I have done thus far. I never thought before that a quarter inch bubble could bring me to a complete nervous breakdown, but I survived somewhat with my psyche intact.

dan.....k thanks for the offer, but otherthan being outclassed I think I would be dropping even more money and finally giving in and invalidating my engine warranty. The torque you have listed under you avatar is frightening in how I feel my hand going to my credit card already.