cazio's '08 CBP Progess Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Desert Life Sucks!!

Received 673 Likes on 500 Posts

Brakemotive's you will like them. Bed them in right and no more rust. Pad dust is really minimal. I have had mine a little over a year and they sit a lot still no rust.

Looks good.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:17 PM
oops is that your face?

Received 113 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by sauceja

Brakemotive's you will like them. Bed them in right and no more rust. Pad dust is really minimal. I have had mine a little over a year and they sit a lot still no rust.

Looks good.
I followed the bed in process pretty good, had to come to a complete stop a few times but otherwise was followed to a T. so far so good, no squeaks but quiet a bit of brake dust as expected from new pads but hopefully the zinc coating holds up for a few months at least

Last edited by cazio; 03-18-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:22 PM
oops is that your face?

possibly doing my mid-muffler delete this Sunday but we'll see what kinda pricing I get, otherwise not much as far as mods till my coilovers. ill keep everyone posted.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:17 PM
CARBON FIBER WDP TL

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Car looks awesome. This is what I was gonna do but decided to make the project harder. The lip looks great, I think you should wrap the roof spoiler too.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:24 PM
oops is that your face?

Originally Posted by poormans_tl69
Car looks awesome. This is what I was gonna do but decided to make the project harder. The lip looks great, I think you should wrap the roof spoiler too.
well I'm sure ur glad u didnt go my route cuz ur car looks nuts with the real CF touches. looks to me like u work at a body shop that does some pretty darn good work. I'm in CT and really wouldn't mind coming up for a few things at a reputable place since they are very hard to find. obviously it would be WAY outta my price range to redo everything in real CF but I do have a few things I'd like done that wouldn't take u and ur guys long at all. shoot me a PM with ur contact info if ur interested to hear me out.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
When I need rotors, I'm going to have to pick these up.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:35 AM
oops is that your face?

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
why wait bud? my rotors were perfect and just did my pads like 3 months ago lol. a good deal is a good deal.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:41 AM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
Haha I had these brakes on in under a year of owning the car

My brakes were fine too
Old 03-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Acura4life

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts
Good chatting with you bro. Get this test pipe for your 3rd cat remove your mid and your res, you will love it. If not you can always resonate it later, but i'm pretty sure it will sound awesome.

http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-285244.aspx
The following users liked this post:
cazio (03-21-2013)
Old 03-19-2013, 09:44 AM
Race Director

I wouldn't remove the resonator with that test pipe in place also.

Rasp!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Acura4life

Originally Posted by Undying Dreams
I wouldn't remove the resonator with that test pipe in place also.

Rasp!
Do it, like I said you can always add a res later.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Race Director

True, but it's nice to have everything done at once.

Even now, my J-pipe with stage 3 and longer resonator, I have some rasp. Having no 3rd cat, resonator or mid muffler is sure to create rasp.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Acura4life

True, but it's nice to have everything done at once.

Even now, my J-pipe with stage 3 and longer resonator, I have some rasp. Having no 3rd cat, resonator or mid muffler is sure to create rasp.
If it is to raspy with the right Dynomax res I think this would sound pretty nice. I also think I have lost my sensitivity to rasp with my current set up.

Last edited by brandon7583; 03-19-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Race Director

Doesn't hurt to try I guess, some people like rasp.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:24 AM

Received 9,495 Likes on 6,167 Posts
Rasp ftl
Undying Dreams (03-19-2013)
Old 03-19-2013, 10:48 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by cazio
why wait bud? my rotors were perfect and just did my pads like 3 months ago lol. a good deal is a good deal.

Well, Spring is supposed to start tomorrow. We're also supposed to get measurable snow Thursday thru Sunday here in KC.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:57 PM
oops is that your face?

met up with Eddie (bluetl04) and drove around in his girlfriends TL with a stage 4 done and it didn't sound bad at all. I dunno if it is just her setup but I'm going to go ahead with it and like Brandon said add the dynomax later if I see its needed. going to order my coilovers the week after next then will start looking into a J pipe and test pipes. once I figure out what I'm going to do I will order a resonator if I didn't already after this Sundays stage 4. thanks everyone for the input but I'm pretty convinced that ill like it until I go balls deep into my exhaust mods where a resonator is most definitely needed to get rid of unwanted rasp.

just to reiterate my schedule for whoever cares....
Sunday- stage 4
2 weeks- coilovers
week after- possible camber kits if immediately needed
then during this stretch I'm going to purchase a stock type-s rear sway bar and maybe a front one also, I just hate the idea of having to drop the sub frame for install. then really looking into wheels and my final move into exhaust mods
Old 03-21-2013, 04:29 AM
oops is that your face?

Well, Spring is supposed to start tomorrow. We're also supposed to get measurable snow Thursday thru Sunday here in KC.
hey man it's not like we haven't been getting snow here in CT!!! just maybe not as much lol

Originally Posted by brandon7583
Good chatting with you bro. Get this test pipe for your 3rd cat remove your mid and your res, you will love it. If not you can always resonate it later, but i'm pretty sure it will sound awesome.

http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-285244.aspx
I didn't see this post till just now. thanks bud ill def look into it soon. for now I think ill be ok but once I get my car lower ill start lookin at refining my exhaust

Last edited by Steven Bell; 03-24-2013 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 03-21-2013, 08:23 AM
Race Director

Nice plans Just a reminder, if you get one of the newer J-pipes, they are longer and delete the 3rd cat, so you won't need a test pipe, it's pretty much built in.

If you get a J-pipe that doesn't delete the 3rd cat, you'll need the test pipe to delete it, should you choose to.

Hope that makes sense.
cazio (03-21-2013)
Old 03-21-2013, 10:34 AM
oops is that your face?

Nice plans Just a reminder, if you get one of the newer J-pipes, they are longer and delete the 3rd cat, so you won't need a test pipe, it's pretty much built in.

If you get a J-pipe that doesn't delete the 3rd cat, you'll need the test pipe to delete it, should you choose to.

Hope that makes sense.
I got ya bro, that won't be for a while and after hearing what a stage 4 sounded like in person I was very confused, I didn't hear much rasp if any and didnt think is sounded like a civic at all as some people described. just hope mine sounds the same until I start adding and deleting many other components to the exhaust
Old 03-24-2013, 05:06 PM
oops is that your face?

ok so I went to the exhaust shop with Eddie (bluetl04) and Ted (greekguy000) to have my stage 4 done and it came out great and also sounded exactly the same as eddies girlfriend Dawn's TL. I will make a video soon so everyone can hear that it's not as loud and raspy as everyone makes it out to be. for someone like me who hasn't done any other performance mods except for a CAI it's great but obviously if I had a J pipe, Test pipe or PCCs it would definitely be noisy and sound down right like shit. in my case it's throaty with little to no rasp and not too load even at heavy throttle or high RPMs. gotta thank my boys for coming with and also Eddie for recommending this place, they deleted my mid muffler, resonator and cut/rewelded my right type-s muffler that was horrible welded and crooked from some ghetto ass place that I went to just to get them installed as fast as possible lol. this guy was very professional, had very nice/new lifts and equipment and welds speak for themselves, they look great and now correct. will make a few vids tomorrow if I can get someone to film while I rev and drive by so everyone can see how it REALLY sounds (if I figure out how to upload vids since I never have). coils in two weeks so keep checking in everyone and being interested in my progress
Old 03-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 122 Posts
Glad you are happy bro...Im glad that I could help you out. That's what friends are for, giving a helping hand to help each other..I cant wait till you order your coilovers so we can install them. Then you will be at my level...lol...Also want to thank Ted(greekguy000) for coming by and keep us company for a while...
cazio (03-24-2013)
Old 03-24-2013, 09:20 PM
oops is that your face?

Originally Posted by bluetl04
Glad you are happy bro...Im glad that I could help you out. That's what friends are for, giving a helping hand to help each other..I cant wait till you order your coilovers so we can install them. Then you will be at my level...lol...Also want to thank Ted(greekguy000) for coming by and keep us company for a while...
yea seriously Ted is the man for staying even though he had to leave before I got to go his resistors. 2 weeks my man and I will be closer to ur level than I was before the drop lol. ur than man bro, u ever need a hand or favor u know where to find me
Old 03-24-2013, 09:44 PM
Team Owner

Anxious to see pics and video.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:45 PM
oops is that your face?

Anxious to see pics and video.
hey there he is. haven't heard from u in a while mr bell lol. not much to see as far as pics go, not much has changed as far as appearance but will post a vid some time in the next couple days. I can't pinpoint it but I believe I have a caliper hanging up so will have to look into that in the coming weeks. I've been plagued with a burning smell comin from a wheel well maybe once a week and from the little research I have done has brought me to believe its the caliper or brake line. I thought once I installed the brakemotive kit it solved it but NOPE still there lol. thanks for checking in
Old 03-24-2013, 11:12 PM
Team Owner

You're welcome Cazio. I hope you get your brake issues fixed.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:36 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hey man we have about 8+tls from wbty taking a trip down to honda day in April you Bluetl and and greekguy should join
Old 03-25-2013, 04:33 AM
oops is that your face?

You're welcome Cazio. I hope you get your brake issues fixed.
yea me too lol. thanks

Originally Posted by nhb04tl
Hey man we have about 8+tls from wbty taking a trip down to honda day in April you Bluetl and and greekguy should join
I am fully aware bro, ton has been texting and PMing me all about it. I can't speak for the other guys but the 14th is my birthday and prolly am not gunna wanna spend it at englishtown race track lol
Old 03-25-2013, 06:58 AM
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
ok so I went to the exhaust shop with Eddie (bluetl04) and Ted (greekguy000) to have my stage 4 done and it came out great and also sounded exactly the same as eddies girlfriend Dawn's TL. I will make a video soon so everyone can hear that it's not as loud and raspy as everyone makes it out to be. for someone like me who hasn't done any other performance mods except for a CAI it's great but obviously if I had a J pipe, Test pipe or PCCs it would definitely be noisy and sound down right like shit. in my case it's throaty with little to no rasp and not too load even at heavy throttle or high RPMs. gotta thank my boys for coming with and also Eddie for recommending this place, they deleted my mid muffler, resonator and cut/rewelded my right type-s muffler that was horrible welded and crooked from some ghetto ass place that I went to just to get them installed as fast as possible lol. this guy was very professional, had very nice/new lifts and equipment and welds speak for themselves, they look great and now correct. will make a few vids tomorrow if I can get someone to film while I rev and drive by so everyone can see how it REALLY sounds (if I figure out how to upload vids since I never have). coils in two weeks so keep checking in everyone and being interested in my progress
Originally Posted by bluetl04

It was a good time guys...thanks for letting me be a part of the click.
I'm glad we got to hang out and thanks to cazio for letting me test drive his tl right after the stage 4 mod...altho I think he fell in love with my car and forgot about his after driving in mine

Lets try to meet up on friday to get my switchbacks all set?
Old 03-25-2013, 07:46 AM
oops is that your face?

Originally Posted by greekguy000
It was a good time guys...thanks for letting me be a part of the click.
I'm glad we got to hang out and thanks to cazio for letting me test drive his tl right after the stage 4 mod...altho I think he fell in love with my car and forgot about his after driving in mine

Lets try to meet up on friday to get my switchbacks all set?
the first one to drive my car other than me and also the first person to drive after my stage 4, even before me lol. anytime man u and Eddie are good people's which are very hard to find nowadays. Friday is not a problem man, just give me a ring whenever ur free and we will take car. if I don't hear from u by Thursday then give me a ring and let me know what time is good for u. btw yes I did forget all about my car after being in urs, very jealous and disgusted with my whip lol. how'd u like the stage 4?
Old 03-25-2013, 08:04 AM
Racer

the first one to drive my car other than me and also the first person to drive after my stage 4, even before me lol. anytime man u and Eddie are good people's which are very hard to find nowadays. Friday is not a problem man, just give me a ring whenever ur free and we will take car. if I don't hear from u by Thursday then give me a ring and let me know what time is good for u. btw yes I did forget all about my car after being in urs, very jealous and disgusted with my whip lol. how'd u like the stage 4?

sounded really good...especially after watching aweful videos of other stage 4 mods on youtube. inside it was quiet enough but it puts a smile on when the windows are rolled down.

i wonder what it would sound like on my 3.5 6mt
Old 03-25-2013, 08:12 AM
oops is that your face?

Originally Posted by greekguy000
sounded really good...especially after watching aweful videos of other stage 4 mods on youtube. inside it was quiet enough but it puts a smile on when the windows are rolled down.

i wonder what it would sound like on my 3.5 6mt
probably alittle raspy since u have the J pipe and other exhaust mods but it definately would be LOUD!!! lol
Old 03-25-2013, 08:55 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
probably alittle raspy since u have the J pipe and other exhaust mods but it definately would be LOUD!!! lol
whats the stage 4 Mod?
Old 03-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Racer

whats the stage 4 Mod?
resonator and mid muffler deleted
Old 03-25-2013, 11:04 AM
oops is that your face?

whats the stage 4 Mod?
Stage 1.
Least noticeable in exhaust note increase.
Configuration:
Stock exhaust.
Remove mid-muffler. Replace with 2.5" straight pipe. Everything else remains stock.
Cost: Can be anywhere from $30-$60 w/aluminized pipping.

Stage 2.
A tad louder than stage one, a bit more pronounced tone.
Configuration:
Stock exhaust.
Remove mid-muffler. Replace with 2.5" straight pipe.
Remove stock resonator. Replace with Magnaflow resonator part# 10416.
Magnaflow resonator is a 14" long resonator, which dampens and changes the note of the stock exhaust a bit more, thus you get a bit more loudness/tone.
Cost: Magnaflow resonator costs around $60. Install ranges from $60 -$90 w/ aluminized pipping.

Stage 3.
(Tone result TBA)
Stock exhaust.
Remove mid-muffler. Replace with 2.5" straight pipe.
Remove stock resonator. Replace with Dynomax resonator part# WLK-24215.
Dynomax resonator is a 12" long resonator, which is a bit shorter and less dampening than the magnaflow resonator, thus it should give you a bit more loudness/tone than stage 2.
Cost: Dynomax resonator costs around $40. Install ranges from $60 - $90 w/aluminized pipping.

Stage 4.
Loudest setup out of all 3. Has a bit of a rasp, similar to M3 exhaust setup.
Stock exhaust.
Remove Mid-muffler. Replace with a 2.5" straight pipe.
Remove stock resonator. Replace with a 2.5" straight pipe.
Cost: Can be anywhere from $40 - $60

this was someone's else's interpretation of prices, sound, and products but it'll give u an idea
Old 03-26-2013, 11:00 AM
oops is that your face?

after some research and discussion I've come to the conclusion that the reason for my rear caliper problem could be the slide pins. I live in New England with the salt and dirt from the roads possibly jamming them up, not to mention that I did indeed forget to grease them when I installed my brakemotive kit. going to run home after work and attempt to grease them before dark and test them out. hopefully this I the fix I've been looking for, if not ill be purchasing a rear caliper rebuild kit and new brake lines
Old 03-27-2013, 12:04 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice ride i really like the grill the whole car looks awesome
Old 03-27-2013, 12:41 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 850 Likes on 673 Posts
Did the grease help the calipers?
Old 03-27-2013, 04:21 AM
oops is that your face?

Originally Posted by rossv1
Did the grease help the calipers?
well so far I believe the culprit was my emergency brake hanging up. once I took the wheel and calipers off I realized I could only spin the rotor a half turn before it would come to a stop, so what I did was sand down the ebrake shoes where they were hanging up with 60 grit and also greased the slide pins where one on each side of the rear was stuck at a compressed state. I then proceeded to grease the front slide pins also even though they were probably fine but found that they too were stuck alittle so cleaned and relubed. I have to thank Tim from oemacuraparts.com for talking me out of a rebuild kit once he heard what I've had going on and walked me thru all the scenarios. after a quick test drive all seems well. I can still smell the rear pads alittle but that's normal since they are new and ceramic, and there is still heat but they are supposed to get got they are brakes, but what I have found is that there is no longer excessive heat where the rims are almost burning hot and I no longer step out of my car and am hit with an overwhelming burning smell coming from the rear wheels. only time will tell but ill update tonight after driving to and from work
Old 03-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Race Director

Good work, bud. Although it seems you've solved it, I'd still keep an eye on it. And you're right, you will smell the ceramic brakes when they get hot, more so when they are new.

Coils soon, right?!

Quick Reply: cazio's '08 CBP Progess Thread