Bzyrice's Progress Thread - Updates page 15! (3/13/13)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by YungTodd91
Nice TL were you at the University of MD meet?? I think i saw this car.
No didnt make that meet. I live about 12 hours drive from there lol

That car MUSTVE BEEN NICE!! haha j/p
Old 05-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,982 Likes on 14,493 Posts
Great job man...looks awesome and I agree with everyone...you hav done very extreme but VERY tasteful mods. Your car looks amazing.

Funny enough, I'll be up in West Palm on Friday (NIN concert) so I won't be around! I am still getting help to figure out what to do so when I get it together, I'll shoot some instruction your way on this whole relay process! Figured out it'll be easier to do the DRL mod if my new fogs were wired independently!

BTW...you went to friggin TOWN cutting into the bumper! Those slits you made, work great...I opted to cut more of the fog housing to get it in there. Great work taking pics of the cutout though. Also, to reposition the housing if it sits too far in, just pop a screw thru the plastic from behind to PUSH the whole assembly forward. Luckily for me NBP is very forgiving as far as hiding things since it's all black!
Old 05-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Great job man...looks awesome and I agree with everyone...you hav done very extreme but VERY tasteful mods. Your car looks amazing.

Funny enough, I'll be up in West Palm on Friday (NIN concert) so I won't be around! I am still getting help to figure out what to do so when I get it together, I'll shoot some instruction your way on this whole relay process! Figured out it'll be easier to do the DRL mod if my new fogs were wired independently!

BTW...you went to friggin TOWN cutting into the bumper! Those slits you made, work great...I opted to cut more of the fog housing to get it in there. Great work taking pics of the cutout though. Also, to reposition the housing if it sits too far in, just pop a screw thru the plastic from behind to PUSH the whole assembly forward. Luckily for me NBP is very forgiving as far as hiding things since it's all black!
ooh NIN concert! Awesome! If I knew I wouldve loved to see them live.. Always wanted to see trent reznor in real life.. Have fun there!

Ooh that is a good idea about the screw!! When I remove my bumper to clear my headlights I will definitely be doing that.. Yah I went crazy cutting that thing haha.. I think thats why it took me soo freaking long.. Total time was around 10 hours!! OUCH.. Yah to hide the fact that one sits in a little further than the other one I put black tape on the bumper haha..

Well next time I am down man we should meet up! I would love to see your car in person!
Old 05-04-2009, 08:31 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
Good work RJ.

Dremels FTW.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
Good work RJ.

Dremels FTW.
Thanks Eric.. man when I was cutting one of the grills the wheel broke and smashed right into my face lol ..
Old 05-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
ok so I just saw the fog pics........NICEEEEEEEEEE! I plan on doing mine this sunday so I'll let you know how i make out. They are already wired like I said before I just have to do the lights and lower grilles. Also I got a 6000k hid kit, hopefully it'll be in by then!
you said you were getting HID's right? The ddmtuning ones were a pretty good deal, I'm just gonna get some relays to use with them.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by CarrieLynn
ok so I just saw the fog pics........NICEEEEEEEEEE! I plan on doing mine this sunday so I'll let you know how i make out. They are already wired like I said before I just have to do the lights and lower grilles. Also I got a 6000k hid kit, hopefully it'll be in by then!
you said you were getting HID's right? The ddmtuning ones were a pretty good deal, I'm just gonna get some relays to use with them.
Thanks! I plan on doing HIDs later.. I just wanted them to work for now.. And I had the time the other day.. Have fun cutting!! Let me know when they are done so i can check them out!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Safety Car

^ um yea, I really wasn't planning on cutting, I was gonna make 6spdtl-s do that HAHAHAHA.........I'm serious though. I'm gonna wire his while he does the grilles, we will see how well that goes over, I trust him though, he is a rocketship engineer LOL. And yes I will put pics up of both cars after we are done
Old 05-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Drifting

btw how did you wire yours? to a switch? does the headlights ned to be on?

Yeah dude...my girlfriend has HD concerts on her comcast...and I happened to catch a NIN show on that. I decided, that day, if they came, I would HAVE TO GO! I can't even tell you the deal...it's Jane's Addiction and NIN and it was 100 bucks for 4 lawn tickets. 25 bucks a piece...that's like a movie night (for 2, of course). Anyway, yeah, we should definitely meet up sometime...I too, would love to check out your car. Very nice style.

J.

PS...if you get stuck...PM me...I figured out the wiring tonight. Got the fogs to come on/off with the accord switch.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Drifting

^ um yea, I really wasn't planning on cutting, I was gonna make 6spdtl-s do that HAHAHAHA.........I'm serious though. I'm gonna wire his while he does the grilles, we will see how well that goes over, I trust him though, he is a rocketship engineer LOL. And yes I will put pics up of both cars after we are done
oh haha he is gonna do the fun part!! lol
Old 05-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by bzyrice
oh haha he is gonna do the fun part!! lol
shhhhhhhhh, don't tell him, he may read this lol
Old 05-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Drifting

Yeah dude...my girlfriend has HD concerts on her comcast...and I happened to catch a NIN show on that. I decided, that day, if they came, I would HAVE TO GO! I can't even tell you the deal...it's Jane's Addiction and NIN and it was 100 bucks for 4 lawn tickets. 25 bucks a piece...that's like a movie night (for 2, of course). Anyway, yeah, we should definitely meet up sometime...I too, would love to check out your car. Very nice style.

J.
Yah man havent been to a good concert in a LOOONG time.. last concert I went to was Rancid 2 years ago.. that is bcause they are my favoite band and my gf got me tix!!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Drifting

PS...if you get stuck...PM me...I figured out the wiring tonight. Got the fogs to come on/off with the accord switch.
oooh cool!! I saw your thread.. i need to figure out how to do it! ill hit you up once I have some time to do that.. for now the way it is will work..
Old 05-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Drifting

shhhhhhhhh, don't tell him, he may read this lol
lolol my bad
Old 05-04-2009, 11:15 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
Thanks Eric.. man when I was cutting one of the grills the wheel broke and smashed right into my face lol ..
ah shit!!! Dremels can be dangerous. I need to invest in safety goggles.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
ah shit!!! Dremels can be dangerous. I need to invest in safety goggles.

Yah man you dont want to go blidn dremelling something!! Luckily I was wearing my glasses when I was cutting up the bumper!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:55 PM

Oh god...yes...cutting wheel spitting apart...or spitting out the hot plastic pieces...that sucks! I would highly recommend good eyewear protection...although the crap ones I have get foggy so I never end up wearing them. LOL. On a serious note...safety really should be first!

Anyway...yeah, I was a hermit for a bit, but now I'm all about the comedy tours and concerts. Saw Dennis Leary last week, have NIN this month...gonna try and make it to Aerosmith, have Dave Matthews in August...gonna try and make Metallica in Oct. Last year saw DMB and Pearl Jam...what a concert dude...amazing!
Old 05-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn rj....looks perfect!!!! please help me do mine.....very well done buddy!!! im jelous!!! lol great job on your ride is coming along very tastefully!!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Drifting

Oh god...yes...cutting wheel spitting apart...or spitting out the hot plastic pieces...that sucks! I would highly recommend good eyewear protection...although the crap ones I have get foggy so I never end up wearing them. LOL. On a serious note...safety really should be first!

Anyway...yeah, I was a hermit for a bit, but now I'm all about the comedy tours and concerts. Saw Dennis Leary last week, have NIN this month...gonna try and make it to Aerosmith, have Dave Matthews in August...gonna try and make Metallica in Oct. Last year saw DMB and Pearl Jam...what a concert dude...amazing!
Yah Since I wear contacts, whenever I use my dremel I wear my glasses instead.. but my face sometimes still gets smacked with flying debris haha..

Dang going concert crazy! I am going to Asia this year, so I have to save all my money for that lol .. otherwise I would join you at all of those concerts haha! Especially Mettalica and Pearl Jam!!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by kaliman
damn rj....looks perfect!!!! please help me do mine.....very well done buddy!!! im jelous!!! lol great job on your ride is coming along very tastefully!!
I know man!! I know!! I sent you pm.. I would love to help you!
Old 05-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Drifting

Another Mod!! Thanks to this thread -> https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-performance-parts-modifications-112/attn-south-florida-people-724437/

Happy Mother's day to me!!

Cleaned up my stock exhaust the other day.. because the old oem exhaust was going to a new home! Acurazine was very helpful in giving me suggestions on cleaning my oem exhaust! https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/cleaning-exhaust-tips-724990/

So been in contact with this guy for the past week. Very nice guy, but he had soo many offers on the exhaust that I had to throw him a GOOD one.. lol .. see link above.. My offer was good enough for him to hold the exhaust for me until this past Friday. Drove from Orlando to Margate and waited a few hours at his mechanics shop.. and WHALA!! car sounds sooooo mean!!

on to the pics!

My gf's nephew showing me some of his skater skills a little to close to my car haha.

My car is filthy!! Wont have time to wash the car for a few days.. Just drove back from south florida after 3 days of family time, and with my mom and gf in the car.. my mom got a headache from the drone of this exhaust !! lol But my gf, I think is used to it because of my prior cars haha.. so no complaints there .. I will have to see if I want to keep it right now, because it really is THAT loud. But once past 2500 RPMS!! this exhaust sounds SOO SWEEEET!!

So now my list of mods are!
- Aspec Kit
- Tein SS coilovers
- Fujita CAI custom painted texture black
- 19" Privat Netz (19x8+30)
- 245/35ZR19 Falken FK452
- Black Roof (vinyl)
- XM Antannae Painted Black
- Custom Black Grill
- Custom painted Gold calipers with Red Brembo lettering
- AP1 s2k shift knob
- OEM Acura Window Visors
- Trunk Debadged
- Recessed White LED Puddle Lights
- Amber LED turn signals
- White Cold Cathode License Plate Mod
- Crappy Tint
- Shaved Door Lock Mod
- Accord Fog Light Mod w/ Yellow H11 Bulbs wired directly into OEM Fog Harness
- Custom Made GINTUNA
- Greddy Evo2 Exhaust

Last edited by bzyrice; 05-10-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:43 AM

You are very committed! Drove all the way down for an exhaust!?! Well...I guess it coincided with family time anyway. Congrats on the new mod. I considered it...but I don't want the exhaust louder than it is now. I like the quiet sound at low RPM's!

Looks great though!
Old 05-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Safety Car

wow....every week you have a new mod hahahaha, looks good though! You should put up some vids so we can hear it!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:59 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
love the lights, i see them for sale on ebay all the time- just never had the time to buy them and install them..looks clean
Old 05-11-2009, 04:46 PM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice extensive mod list you got going....keep it up! haha You should date the mod list. hehe
Old 05-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Drifting

You are very committed! Drove all the way down for an exhaust!?! Well...I guess it coincided with family time anyway. Congrats on the new mod. I considered it...but I don't want the exhaust louder than it is now. I like the quiet sound at low RPM's!

Looks great though!
Yah for the price I paid for it I definitely would do it again! I drove my car again today to work.. and honestly it isnt that bad.. I think the drone went down significantly today.. Dont know why? But I parked my car in a parking garage today and it was really quiet!! But, I am able to control it better since I have a 6 speed.

Oh btw.. I went to the NIN concert!! NIN was soo good Live! After you told me about it, I was talking to one of my cousins and was able to get tix!

wow....every week you have a new mod hahahaha, looks good though! You should put up some vids so we can hear it!
Yah! it seems like everyweek I do have a mod!! This will stop since I will be going to asia for almost a month soon. Ill try to get some vids up tomorrow! How'd your fog light install go?

Originally Posted by gtenedio
love the lights, i see them for sale on ebay all the time- just never had the time to buy them and install them..looks clean
Thanks! Definitely one of the best mods for our cars! Looks so OEM!

Originally Posted by HONgDA
Nice extensive mod list you got going....keep it up! haha You should date the mod list. hehe
Thanks! Took a little break for awhile since I was so busy with the new job.. But now I have all this time off I have all this time to mess with my car lol .. I think I am going to try and add the dates lol ..
Old 05-11-2009, 08:46 PM

Did you now?!?!? Were you sitting Lawn? I was...about 30 feet up from the main stairway. I thought they were pretty good...Trent was a little disappointing because he's not a social guy. Jane's Addiction actually surprised me...they friggin blew the doors down...the show and Perry Farrell and Dave Navarro. I thought it was amazing!

About the exhaust...awesome man. As long as you're happy, it's all good! I have thought about it but I guess the cost keeps me away, plus, I really like how the exhaust tips fit into the bumper hole. I loved that from the day my stepdad originally leased the car!

Listen...meant to tell you...I ordered some 6000K raptor HID's for 40 bucks. FOr that price...and a 1 year warranty, I figured I couldn't go wrong. Plus, for 30 more, I ordered the D2S bulbs for the stock low beam in 6000K to match perfectly. I didn't think I would ever do that, since I LOVE the oem hid's...BUT, it can't hurt to separate my car from the mass of other TL's I see out there...and a little hint of blue in the lighting will look sweet since I have a blue pearl car...etc....Anyway...I'm rambling, but thought I'd let you know about the HID's since they're so cheap.

Carrielynn...how'd the install go? How do your ddmtuning HID's look?
Old 05-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Drifting

Ok Hongda gave me a good idea.. I didnt even realize I have had this car for a year as of Sunday!!!! Some of these dates arent exactly right.. but close enough!

- 05/09/2008 - 04 WDP / Tan 6 Speed TL non-navi
- 05/09/2008 - Crappy Tint (Came with the car)
- 05/21/2008 - OEM Aspec Kit
- 05/21/2008 - OEM Acura Window Visors
- 05/21/2008 - Custom Gunmetal 18x8.5 Aspec wheels (SOLD!)
- 05/21/2008 - Trunk Debadged
- 05/31/2008 - Tein SS coilovers
- 06/28/2008 - 19" Privat Netz (19x8+30)
- 06/28/2008 - 245/35ZR19 Falken FK452
- 09/06/2008 - Fujita CAI custom painted texture black
- 11/29/2008 - Black Roof (vinyl)
- 11/29/2008 - XM Antannae Painted Black
- 03/16/2009 - Custom Black Grill
- 03/16/2009 - Custom painted Gold calipers with Red Brembo lettering
- 03/16/2009 - AP1 s2k shift knob
- 04/16/2009 - Recessed White LED Puddle Lights
- 04/24/2009 - Amber LED turn signals
- 04/24/2009 - White Cold Cathode License Plate Mod
- 04/27/2009 - Shaved Door Lock Mod
- 05/04/2009 - Accord Fog Light Mod w/ Yellow H11 Bulbs wired directly into OEM Fog Harness
- 05/04/2009 - Custom Made GINTUNA
- 05/08/2009 - Greddy Evo2 Exhaust
Old 05-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Drifting

Did you now?!?!? Were you sitting Lawn? I was...about 30 feet up from the main stairway. I thought they were pretty good...Trent was a little disappointing because he's not a social guy. Jane's Addiction actually surprised me...they friggin blew the doors down...the show and Perry Farrell and Dave Navarro. I thought it was amazing!

About the exhaust...awesome man. As long as you're happy, it's all good! I have thought about it but I guess the cost keeps me away, plus, I really like how the exhaust tips fit into the bumper hole. I loved that from the day my stepdad originally leased the car!

Listen...meant to tell you...I ordered some 6000K raptor HID's for 40 bucks. FOr that price...and a 1 year warranty, I figured I couldn't go wrong. Plus, for 30 more, I ordered the D2S bulbs for the stock low beam in 6000K to match perfectly. I didn't think I would ever do that, since I LOVE the oem hid's...BUT, it can't hurt to separate my car from the mass of other TL's I see out there...and a little hint of blue in the lighting will look sweet since I have a blue pearl car...etc....Anyway...I'm rambling, but thought I'd let you know about the HID's since they're so cheap.

Carrielynn...how'd the install go? How do your ddmtuning HID's look?
Yah I was sitting Lawn! I had 2 groups of people I was with.. so I went back and forth between the two.. One group was in the center lawn by the bar up top. .and the other group was on the right side of the lawn (right side if you are facing the stage).. So I was back and forth.. If you saw a bunch of asian people, that was me! lol Yah I like NINs best.. I wasnt expecting Trent Reznor to be soo BUFF!! wth!! I wasnt even sure it was NIN until I asked someone if that was trent reznor.. I was expecting the old skinny guy! haha

Yah it wa hard for me to decide to get the exhaust.. but for the price I could NOT pass this deal up! Even if I sell it I will make money off of it!

I was going to order some HIDs from them, but I havent had the chance.. I wanted to see how CarrieLynn's turned out first.. plus I am kinda of sick of working on hard custom stuff.. I want to do some easy mods lol .. I dont want to do something that needs to be customized right now.. if that makes any sense.. Let me know when you post pics up of the HIDs!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:49 PM

HID's should be easy enough! Although I forgot you still have to do the wiring for it! I ordered my DRL module, which I'll probably run with yellow bulbs in the OEM fog location. That'll be cool during the day and then fog HID's at night.

Well...you were very close to me. The crowd was 'eh'...a little out there and definitely VERY stoned! I don't think I was able to take a breath without joint smoke. Anyway, great show...yeah, Trent quit drugs...so he put on weight and worked out apparently! Great act!
Old 05-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yah for the price I paid for it I definitely would do it again! I drove my car again today to work.. and honestly it isnt that bad.. I think the drone went down significantly today.. Dont know why? But I parked my car in a parking garage today and it was really quiet!! But, I am able to control it better since I have a 6 speed.
TRUST ME

drive the car between 2200-2700rpms(idk the 6mt rpms/gear) while crusing and there will be ZERO drone. you might suffer alittle in gas mileage, but there will be no drone
Old 05-12-2009, 07:47 AM
Drifting

HID's should be easy enough! Although I forgot you still have to do the wiring for it! I ordered my DRL module, which I'll probably run with yellow bulbs in the OEM fog location. That'll be cool during the day and then fog HID's at night.

Well...you were very close to me. The crowd was 'eh'...a little out there and definitely VERY stoned! I don't think I was able to take a breath without joint smoke. Anyway, great show...yeah, Trent quit drugs...so he put on weight and worked out apparently! Great act!
Yah the HIDs are easy, but will require me to remove the front bumper haha.. I am so lazy to do that right now.. I want to wire my factory fog lights to be able to turn on whenever I want. I think I am going to use the accord switch for that. Do you know how to wire the fogs to turn on with the parking lights and still be able to use the factory stalk to turn them off and on? I want them to get power with the parking lights instead of when the headlights turn on.

Yah I expected the crowd to be like that lol been to enough concerts to know what to expect.. But still cant believe that was trent reznor.Shows how out of the loop I am now!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:50 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by greco9885
TRUST ME

drive the car between 2200-2700rpms(idk the 6mt rpms/gear) while crusing and there will be ZERO drone. you might suffer alittle in gas mileage, but there will be no drone
I see in your sig that you have rv6 and atlp .. i am assuming test pipe and jpipe? Cuz my drone come between 2k and 2500. So I find myself staying away from that lol... I am assuming it got quieter with the other exhaust mods you did? I may just get an ar25 resonator and put that in. I will have to see.. because right now I do not mind it.. plus I do not usually take this car for long trips.. just had to this time because of the exhaust swap.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:32 PM

I can tell you, step by step, what wires to use and how to wire it up, but NOT to the factory stalk. I ended up using the accord switch...not bad since it all looks factory and I need the other switch for the OEM fogs!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Drifting

I can tell you, step by step, what wires to use and how to wire it up, but NOT to the factory stalk. I ended up using the accord switch...not bad since it all looks factory and I need the other switch for the OEM fogs!
IM gonna try and figure it out with the oem stalk!! there HAS to be a WAAY!! Argh.. when I get back from vacation I will try something..
Old 05-14-2009, 08:21 AM

Well, I KNOW that there is a way...but I think you have to open it up etc and run the green wire from the black relay to a wire on the stalk. But you will lose control of your OEM fogs completely. Unless you use them for just DRL's then they would peramently serve no purpose.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Drifting

Well, I KNOW that there is a way...but I think you have to open it up etc and run the green wire from the black relay to a wire on the stalk. But you will lose control of your OEM fogs completely. Unless you use them for just DRL's then they would peramently serve no purpose.
oh i c.. looks like I will need to play with the wires comming out of the stalk then.. dangit.. thats gonna suck.. lol
Old 05-17-2009, 07:52 PM

I might just advise that you use the OEM Accord switch too to maintain ALL lighting possibilities.

Ok, update btw...
installed the DRL Module...car looks GREAT! Have it with some nokya yellows at 75% for DRL. Very happy.

Also, ended up going the ddmtuning route..35 bucks for 2 new 6000K DS2 bulbs for the low beams and their 40 dollar raptor HID kit for the accord fogs (6000K too to match all my lights). No pics yet...got done late last night, but it looks SICK. And only 75 bucks total...ended up getting a kit for GF's 08 Accord coupe (has projectors but regular bulbs) and my good friend and boss ordered a set too. 1 year warranty and it looks friggin amazing. Was able to install by taking off the front rim and going thru the fender liner. No more bumper off! Yay!

Anyway, only annoyance now is remembering to turn off my OEM accord fog switch since the fogs are wired with my parking light, they light up when I arm/disarm the car and that's bad for the HID's.

Yellow DRL's and Orange parking light w/ the HID fogs on and NO low beam...sweet snake eyes look!

J.

Quick Reply: Bzyrice's Progress Thread - Updates page 15! (3/13/13)