Acura TL vs Chevrolet SS (56K honestly....?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SilverSS
haha man you make some great points i wish i would of thought for those...and i didnt come to this site because of douche bags like you who think there TL has ballss!! Now when i go by TL's i look back and just laugh.

Like i said before though i respect the TL, but when someone bashes an SS on a photoshoot thread thats pretty lame bro. oh and you call an s2000 to have room, well you must be some shit piece of short that cant back up his mouth, so dont come hee telling me how youll beat my ass bro cuz i highly doubt that.
ive seen 6ft tall men fit in s2000s, but since when did size matter

anywho. im chill alredy. im not gonna argue with a kid. expecially if i cant do anything bout it, being im thousands of miles away
Old 05-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,017 Likes on 1,515 Posts
When it comes down to it, the TL is better looking and more efficient.

I would sacrifice a little speed over looking like an idiot.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Banned

^ +1

But yah. like i said before. silver SS, you must piss ur self off huh. seeing a few of ppl hating on ur SUV. best we to solve this entire problem is not to come on here. u wont see it. i mean yah. ur shit if fast and all but, its an suv and its a chevy LOL. but to each his own
Old 05-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
talkin to me like im a kid, haha bro your only 20.
You guys werent even here for this so you come on here throwin all this shit at me when im just correcting what your members said..someone talks some shit back to you and roll up like a little bitch like "o yah im chill"...i dont piss myself off at all by the way, i just see it as a little jealousy because you have a POS acura, that btw yours is not good looking at all man. but hey each to his own..right!
Old 05-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Turd Polisher

I don't have a problem with SilverSS or his ride, but honestly .. bragging about how fast your SUV goes is pretty humorous. Have fun with your high center of gravity and poor gas mileage .

When you say POS Acura, it really shows your maturity level.

When you say Wseminuk's ride doesn't look good, you're basically bashing the majority of thet WDP owners here.

WDP + Black rims + drop = very popular choice.

I suggest you go back to your Chevy SS forums.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by TylerT
I don't have a problem with SilverSS or his ride, but honestly .. bragging about how fast your SUV goes is pretty humorous. Have fun with your high center of gravity and poor gas mileage .

When you say POS Acura, it really shows your maturity level.

When you say Wseminuk's ride doesn't look good, you're basically bashing the majority of thet WDP owners here.

WDP + Black rims + drop = very popular choice.

I suggest you go back to your Chevy SS forums.

Never bragged about speed until you guys had to come here and bash me like i got a POS and i was never a meber or came on here until i see you guys talking about it like you own one or have owned one
Old 05-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Turd Polisher

"may i ask why you bought a TL? To race things or just stand still while your getting blown by SUV's...???"

I guess some of your comments are a little misleading is all.

"ya i know and im not even hating on the tl or tl-s because i know what kind of car they are and i do think they are great looking cars and if i had to get an acura id go with a TL."

"i just see it as a little jealousy because you have a POS acura"

lol.

I'm done.

By the way, nice pics.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:09 PM
-Arsenic-

Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by TylerT
"may i ask why you bought a TL? To race things or just stand still while your getting blown by SUV's...???"

I guess some of your comments are a little misleading is all.

"ya i know and im not even hating on the tl or tl-s because i know what kind of car they are and i do think they are great looking cars and if i had to get an acura id go with a TL."

"i just see it as a little jealousy because you have a POS acura"

lol.

I'm done.

By the way, nice pics.
Dude look where those comments came into the thread. Those comments were made ONLY after ppl started talking shit. He instigated NOTHING. He was a nice guy to everyone before some ppl thought it was a good idea to bash his ride.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:10 PM
549-26

i think you might of changed his mind on how he feels about the TL
Old 05-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Cruisin'

ya, come on just read the whole thread..thatd be great
Old 05-11-2008, 09:45 PM
549-26

and he only joined when you started talkin shit to defend him... not to bash you
Old 05-11-2008, 10:30 PM
08 TL-S Kinetic Blue

Just bought a an 08 TL-S and still have my 02 Chevy Cavy(winter car) I love both rides....Chevy and Acura 4 life!
Old 05-11-2008, 11:10 PM
B16 Swapped TL

Ignorance and elitism is rampant.

Laughing at a TBSS because it is a big SUV and probably cant handle as well as a lighter, lower car or because it gets poor gas mileage is just retarded. Do you honestly think that is what Chevy was going for? Stop projecting values.

@ Wseminuk ... here is a homework assignment for you. 1. Go to a BMW/Mercedes Forum and post how great TLs are..... remember the response you get. 2. Search the TL 3rd Gen forum for Rattle, Vibration, etc etc.... all of the issues you think Chevy's have and then remind yourself why you are lol'ing@Chevy.

Don't get me wrong. I love my TL.... but it isn't king shit or infallable, nor would I feel comfortable laughing at any other make because I have the same complaints against my TL that I had against both of my Fbodies (Camaros). Driveline vibration, engine ticking, pre detonation, phantom rattles in the car, crappy ass battery.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:30 PM
-Arsenic-

Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by JT22
i think you might of changed his mind on how he feels about the TL
Originally Posted by JT22
and he only joined when you started talkin shit to defend him... not to bash you
Are these directed towards me? Im confused.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:38 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Fail.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Banned

im done. oh btw silverSS, i HATE you for sayin my car dont look good. =[
Old 05-12-2008, 02:21 AM
3.2 VTEC

lol..this shit needs to stop, to each his own.

i started bashing because someone said that suv would outhandle a TL....that las just lol.

another thing....as i've said before i am positive that a 6MT TL-S would whip a stock SS at any speed above 80mph...so him bragging about whipping all TLs around here is just stupid...TL-S has a faster 1/4 mile...period.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:27 AM
3.2 VTEC

the shit i've done with my TL, if i did whith an SUV i wudn't be here today....i want to know i can put my car sideways at 110mph and not worry of flipping like a pancake...this is the confidence i love with cars and is the reason i hate all suvs.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:36 AM
3.2 VTEC

Originally Posted by joeybabyluvsu
Just bought a an 08 TL-S and still have my 02 Chevy Cavy(winter car) I love both rides....Chevy and Acura 4 life!
lol..nice sarcasm
Old 05-12-2008, 02:49 AM
3.2 VTEC

Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
Wow, ricer math much? I used to think like you.... until I started driving cars besides my TL, or should I say Hondas in general.

Tell me what significance hp/liter has IN THE REAL WORLD. Or on the race track. That's right, it means absolutely NOTHING! Just fodder to throw around in a pissing match. you know what matters though? TORQUE. Something you clearly have yet to REALLY experience. And that same 2 valve per cylinder V8 is lighter and more efficient than a DOHC V8 putting out the similar power figures.

Your Acura TL is just as American as a Trailblazer SS. Both were designed and made in the U.S. If that isn't American I don't know what is. Your arguments are so full of holes its silly that I even consider replying to them....

I got rid of a 2G TL-S for a Camaro Z28 and would make the same decision over and over again without hesitation. Both cars got plenty of compliments from everyone but the Z28 is way more fun to drive and thats what matters to me.

People are so quick to put down "American cars" but its funny when they don't even realize that they're driving one. The funny thing is I don't like SUVs much either, but they do have a purpose, albeit for a small demographic. And for the record the TBSS has never really excited me much.
good points...but the thing is that sports cars don't need low end torque....the reason the s2k has a close range 6speed is to always keep the engine above 6000rpms when you need it (except in 1st gear ofcourse but you get there very fast in 1st anyways)...(the s2k is 240hp btw not 220 lol)

the thing is not that GM cannot do it, they can even pay honda to do it for them if it's easier...that's not the problem, the problem is that their vision of a car is very different, they think their cars should use these interior materials, because they're cheap...they think they should stick with those v8s..because they're cheap...GM does not care about quaility, they care about being cheap and you can see that in every vehicle they ever made (except some new cadillacs, those are actually very close to imports) so yes GM can do it....but they don't have the same vision as honda...and that's why honda is honda and chevy is chevy.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:59 AM
Study

Originally Posted by vincethe1
lol..this shit needs to stop, to each his own.

i started bashing because someone said that suv would outhandle a TL....that las just lol.

another thing....as i've said before i am positive that a 6MT TL-S would whip a stock SS at any speed above 80mph...so him bragging about whipping all TLs around here is just stupid...TL-S has a faster 1/4 mile...period.
Hey, just shut the hell up You ruined this thread enough.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:20 AM
3.2 VTEC

hahah...atleast i havn't deleted any pics, so it's not completely ruined LOL
Old 05-12-2008, 05:00 AM
B16 Swapped TL

hahah...atleast i havn't deleted any pics, so it's not completely ruined LOL
True that.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:40 AM
3.2 VTEC

Originally Posted by SporkLover
Ignorance and elitism is rampant.

Laughing at a TBSS because it is a big SUV and probably cant handle as well as a lighter, lower car or because it gets poor gas mileage is just retarded. Do you honestly think that is what Chevy was going for?
true that, mabe not chevy, but some ppl on here think that it is so...which is what got me into my rant anyways.....its not all that fast and it definatly doesn't handle well...it handles a shit load better than a non ss trailblazer or another suv in it's class...so it hanldes good for an SUV...but still don't mean it's up to car standards...nowhere near infact.

ps...don't look at road holding Gs, that has a lot more to do with the tire's traction level then it does with the vehicle itself...handling is about agility and dynamics, blance, and road feel.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:45 AM
Cruisin'

you come on here and tell us to stop ranting and each his own, well i dont see you doin thzt always getting in your last word.

Because of this thread everyone by now knows where you stand, we get it you dont liek SUVs...

LOL and who says ya lets get a 80 roll race goin, i mean unless your a ninja ive never heard of that, id be surprised if its happend. even if it did happen i bet a stock TBSS could take you up to 110-120, you just have never heard stories so your talking like you already know what the scenario will be??
Old 05-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by 02type-s
Are these directed towards me? Im confused.
defenitaly not directed towards you
Old 05-12-2008, 12:37 PM
549-26

no from what i read your on our side
Old 05-12-2008, 01:10 PM
3.2 VTEC

Originally Posted by SilverSS
you come on here and tell us to stop ranting and each his own, well i dont see you doin thzt always getting in your last word.

Because of this thread everyone by now knows where you stand, we get it you dont liek SUVs...

LOL and who says ya lets get a 80 roll race goin, i mean unless your a ninja ive never heard of that, id be surprised if its happend. even if it did happen i bet a stock TBSS could take you up to 110-120, you just have never heard stories so your talking like you already know what the scenario will be??
it's ok man, i havn't heard storys but i know that power to weight is a damn good measurement of how fast your car is...a stock TBSS over a stock TL-S 6MT has only a 0.5lb advantage in power to weight over the TL-S...but i'm pretty sure that can be compensated with the TL's 6MT vs the TBSS's 4AT, and by the aerodynamics of the TL vs. TBSS.

that, plus the 1/4 mile of the TBSS (14.4) and the TL-S 1/4 mile (14.1) makes me think that TBSS is not all it's hyped up to be, you see my logic?? The non Type-S 6MT has an identical 1/4 mile time as the TBSS, but with a higher trap speed (99 on TL vs 96 on TBSS, and that means the TL is pulling away at that point, and i'm not even talking about the TL-S's 102mph trap speed)

point is, TBSS is very, verrry fast for an SUV, but for an SUV...otherwise it's not all that fast, i am not pointing this towards your way eather, because you have mods...who knows how much faster yours is over a stock one, i've seen TBSSs run 12s in the 1/4 mile...i just got a little frustrated when you said a TBSS would rape a TL when it planely isn't true, mabe yours would, idk...but not a stock one...a stock one would rape an automatic, but not a 6MT.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:19 PM
3.2 VTEC

you can enjoy this btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TtcA...eature=related

10 second TBSS...fast and furious style lol
Old 05-12-2008, 01:41 PM
3.2 VTEC

what amazes me is the TBSS is just as heavy as the SSR, and that looks a lot smaller and lighter.

btw, i remember about 1/2 a year ago i raced a red silverado SS on the freeway....it was a black guy and was waiving in and out of traffic like crazy so when the straight came up i punched it and caught him up pretty good, it was a better match then most cars but it still cudn't keep with me at all, especially after 120 (idk where those thing's limiter is but it cud of been governed)....i know the TBSS is quite a bit faster than that cuz it's 390hp (the Silverado SS is 345), but atleast i know the Silverado SS doesn't stand a chance against me.

http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/sil...ss/review.html
Old 05-12-2008, 01:44 PM
3.2 VTEC

Originally Posted by 02type-s
If they made a caravan SRT, it would be an SRT6, like the Crossfire. They never increase # of cyliners with SRTs. But that would make for a very interesting soccer-mom mobile...
you're right, they never go up in cylenders....but there could always be an exception...and one already exists

the dodge ram SRT-10
Old 05-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Cruisin'

what amazes me is the TBSS is just as heavy as the SSR, and that looks a lot smaller and lighter.

btw, i remember about 1/2 a year ago i raced a red silverado SS on the freeway....it was a black guy and was waiving in and out of traffic like crazy so when the straight came up i punched it and caught him up pretty good, it was a better match then most cars but it still cudn't keep with me at all, especially after 120 (idk where those thing's limiter is but it cud of been governed)....i know the TBSS is quite a bit faster than that cuz it's 390hp (the Silverado SS is 345), but atleast i know the Silverado SS doesn't stand a chance against me.

http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/sil...ss/review.html
ik you stated its only a silverado, but that has no where near the performance a tbss has.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Racer

Which is something that really makes me wonder, why do so many ppl have hondas here...you could buy a hemi charger or dodge ram or so many other cars...if you really prefer them over the imports...then why buy a TL?
I was acutally considering (briefly) an 2004 Dodge Durango v8 Hemi. But, decided I would rather have a sedan with more luxury and better gas milage. With the price of gas lately I am glad I went with the TL. However I am not some snob that thinks everything else is crap.

I would agree that the Honda/Acura v6 is more efficient then the Dodge hemi v8. I would also agree that the Honda puts out less pollution.

However to say the Hemi V8 is not high perfomance since its allot lower HP per liter is just stupid. Almost as dumb as saying a .5 liter putting out 50hp is high performance. Maybe in a go Kart it is but, not in any car I would ever want to be in. It would have to be so small I wouldn't fit in it.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Racer

nice photo shoot you guys. My friend has a GMC Envoy Denali, and it looks real nice dropped.

Hey SS, have you run any dyno's on your car?
Old 05-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this thread is interesting
Old 05-12-2008, 07:50 PM
B16 Swapped TL

it's ok man, i havn't heard storys but i know that power to weight is a damn good measurement of how fast your car is...a stock TBSS over a stock TL-S 6MT has only a 0.5lb advantage in power to weight over the TL-S...but i'm pretty sure that can be compensated with the TL's 6MT vs the TBSS's 4AT, and by the aerodynamics of the TL vs. TBSS.

that, plus the 1/4 mile of the TBSS (14.4) and the TL-S 1/4 mile (14.1) makes me think that TBSS is not all it's hyped up to be, you see my logic?? The non Type-S 6MT has an identical 1/4 mile time as the TBSS, but with a higher trap speed (99 on TL vs 96 on TBSS, and that means the TL is pulling away at that point, and i'm not even talking about the TL-S's 102mph trap speed)

point is, TBSS is very, verrry fast for an SUV, but for an SUV...otherwise it's not all that fast, i am not pointing this towards your way eather, because you have mods...who knows how much faster yours is over a stock one, i've seen TBSSs run 12s in the 1/4 mile...i just got a little frustrated when you said a TBSS would rape a TL when it planely isn't true, mabe yours would, idk...but not a stock one...a stock one would rape an automatic, but not a 6MT.
Again Good points.... but personally I don't like to look at Power to Weight ratio as a performance mark. It is somewhat deceptive. It tells you at peak power what the ratio is, however it doesn't reveal much about power under the curve, which I feel is a more important indicator. In other words show me Dyno Charts. The other thing I like to look at is 1/4 Mi Times and Trap Speeds.

Doing a little magazine racing on my own:

TBSS TL-S 6MT
0-60 5.8 5.7
1/4 14.3 14.3
Trap 97.3 99.9

I would lean towards your assessment that the TL-S would start pulling on top end. Through out the 1/4 it might be close, maybe even with the TBSS even edging out the TL-S but it wouldn't be long before it get's reeled in and passed.

But again... that is magazine racing. There could be a bad driver with a shitty launch and it could go either way.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Neogeek
nice photo shoot you guys. My friend has a GMC Envoy Denali, and it looks real nice dropped.

Hey SS, have you run any dyno's on your car?
yes i do have a dyno graph, i can post em up when i get on my other computer..so keep an eye for them
Old 05-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Lazy Idiot

The Grand Cherokee SRT 8 would easily beat the Tl but the SS im not too sure about.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:13 AM
3.2 VTEC

^^Probably Ture...although the SRT8 Cherokee isn't much faster than a TBSS, it's 30hp more and about 100 lbs heavier so yea it has a little advantage power to weight wise but nothing major...if the 5speed box is better than the TBSS's 4speed one than it'll make a bigger difference, and if the cherokee V8 has a better powerband than the TBSS's.

a slightly modded TL-S wud take an SRT-8 however...they're fast buy not extremely fast.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:09 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hahaha...this thread got out of hand real quick...but since it started so long ago, here is HOW it started:

1) First mention of one "vs" the other: post #13 (Vince)
2) First reply: post #14 where JT said that TL-P or TL-S couldn't hang with this modded SS
3) A few posts where JT and Vince disagreed calmly on whether the SS would keep up with a M5 or M6
4) Post#20 - When it started hitting the fan with Vince's first diss of the engine in the SS, and the SS itself:

the trailblazer ss is 4700lbs...the M5 is 4000lbs, the M6 coupe is 3900lbs...the Ms have 110hp over the ss....are way more areo dynamic, and have way better transmissions than the shitty 4AT in the trailblazer.
besides, it's a trailblazer (which is a big POS) on steroids...so it's a pos on steroids.
Since facts were often referred to in this thread...I just thought I would give ya'll a couple since there were different opinions on both side as to who actually started this e-fight.

Now should I go get popcorn, or is this shit over?

Nice pics JT...NBPFTMFW dawg!!

Quick Reply: Acura TL vs Chevrolet SS (56K honestly....?)