Acura TL vs Chevrolet SS (56K honestly....?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vincethe1
TB SS is fast...but that's it, it's a piece of shit in every other way possible...from suspension to transmission to body style to quality to engine (even though it's powerful it's a low tec gas guzzling pos..any1 can make that).
Im pretty sure its one of the most sought after motors in America today.
(LSX block my man)

Im sorry i went and got an american made vehicle and not some import.

Not talking shit but i mean my buddy says i keep up with a m5 or m6 and i never HE never said i could beat one like your explaining. But i think im sensing some jealousy..Then you go and throw all these stats at us like we dont know. Sure anyone can go google some info and use it to back up their jealousy shit talking.

It was a post to show something other than a TL....and im pretty sure youll never have an SUV as nice and as powerful as mine or any other TBSS owner.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:05 PM
-Arsenic-

Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts
People seriously underestimate the SS....like that post asking if his TL could keep up with an SRT8 Cherokee, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Gotta know your boundries guys. And they handle suprisingly well. I can guarantee an SRT8 would out-handle most of the TLs on here, I used to work for Chrysler, they are crazy. I don't know about the SS, but I would venture to say you would be suprised what it could do in a corner..

Pics look sick dude, I usually don't like those wheels but they look hot on your car. That SS needs a drop hella bad tho.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:09 PM
549-26

haha i know i keep telling him that

he is gonna drop it soon
Old 05-07-2008, 01:52 PM
3.2 VTEC

Originally Posted by SilverSS
Im pretty sure its one of the most sought after motors in America today.
(LSX block my man)

Im sorry i went and got an american made vehicle and not some import.

Not talking shit but i mean my buddy says i keep up with a m5 or m6 and i never HE never said i could beat one like your explaining. But i think im sensing some jealousy..Then you go and throw all these stats at us like we dont know. Sure anyone can go google some info and use it to back up their jealousy shit talking.

It was a post to show something other than a TL....and im pretty sure youll never have an SUV as nice and as powerful as mine or any other TBSS owner.
jelous? i think u misunderstood lol....the TBSS retails from 34-38 grand...but yea i can never afford that so you're right...i am verry jelous.

keep up with an m5 or m6? sure..if by keeping up u mean you can still see them somewhere infront of you then yea...the only reason i was googling up shit is cuz i was sensing some major overexaduration and i wanned to bring you back to reality with bare facts.

you're right...i will never have and SUV as nice and as powerful as yours....but mabe you misread....i will never have such an SUV because i will never buy an SUV.

i don't know much about american engines and have no idea what's so special about an "LSX Block" , but i can instanly google up some facts it has 65.01hp/liter and 65.84 tq per liter....i don't care what you say, but this is a low performance engine...not to mention it's a pushrod with 16 valves .

all i said is that it's powerful...and yes, it will beat my TL in a 1/4 mile race...that's another fact...but except it's power, give me one other thing i cud be jelous of...it's huge, heavy, tall, ect...i just hate suvs man...sorry.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:53 PM
3.2 VTEC

Originally Posted by 02type-s
I can guarantee an SRT8 would out-handle most of the TLs on here, I used to work for Chrysler, they are crazy.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:54 PM
3.2 VTEC

[QUOTE=02type-s]I can guarantee an SRT8 would out-handle most of the TLs on here, I used to work for Chrysler, they are crazy.[QUOTE]

Old 05-07-2008, 02:07 PM
549-26

his SS pulls on my TL from 40.... so you do not know what your talking about when you say "its a low performance engine"...
The LSX block is also found on corvettes buddy
Old 05-07-2008, 02:30 PM
3.2 VTEC

Originally Posted by JT22
his SS pulls on my TL from 40.... so you do not know what your talking about when you say "its a low performance engine"...
The LSX block is also found on corvettes buddy
high power does not mean high performance....look at it's size, nvr mind..you ovbiously have no technical knowlege.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:38 PM
3.2 VTEC

think of it this way...take a 2003 3.0L accord V6...that makes 240hp and that works out to 80hp per liter...the TBSS has 6 Liters of displacement and with 390hp that works out to 65hp per liter...

so imagine you take 2 of the accord V6s and put them together...what do you get??? a 480HP 6.0L V12...now can you see why the LSX or w/e it is is low performance? it has 65hp per liter which you can't even find on a civic these days...it's an engine with 60s-70s technology in it...and it's efficiency is horrible too.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Will chop for food...

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
^^How exactly are you defining "performance?" It sounds like your just basing your whole argument on hp per liter for some reason...
Old 05-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Cruisin'

i mean you go and throw all this shit at the SS like its a piece of crap, like you own one or something. And if you dont consider anything with an LSX block you ouvbiously dont think thats high performance. So your telling everyone LS1's, 2, 3, 7s are shitty then tell me whats high performance under 70 grand..maybe they did create this in the so-called 60 70s era, but hey they found that kind of technology back then, then im pretty confident in the reliability of the motor. I didnt come on here to talk about how fast it was. John just goes and posts pics and you have to bring all this prformance talk into the scenario. You can even ask john, its probably the nicest handling performing SUV on the road next to the JGCSRT8..

And i can venture out to say that my stock trailblazer could handle right along with your stock TL's from when me and John used to cut corners
Old 05-07-2008, 03:57 PM
3.2 VTEC

Originally Posted by Skwatoe
^^How exactly are you defining "performance?" It sounds like your just basing your whole argument on hp per liter for some reason...
ammm....how else would you define performance? a big engine with low power for it's size might still have a lot of power...but it's still low performance for it's size.

take a proper 6L engine out of a ferarri or lambo...well over 500hp.

the magic # for a performance engine is 100hp/liter...by today's standards atleast
Old 05-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Will chop for food...

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
So if his TBSS had a Ferrari engine you'd be happy and call it a day?

I'm going back to the pretty pictures; the whole point of this thread!
Old 05-07-2008, 04:53 PM
549-26

And i can venture out to say that my stock trailblazer could handle right along with your stock TL's from when me and John used to cut corners
That was before I dropped it
And i agree with Chad... for an suv it handles damn well... and just wait till drop it!
Old 05-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Cruisin'

ammm....how else would you define performance? a big engine with low power for it's size might still have a lot of power...but it's still low performance for it's size.

take a proper 6L engine out of a ferarri or lambo...well over 500hp.

the magic # for a performance engine is 100hp/liter...by today's standards atleast
Thats why its high performance for under 70 grand (70g's being a ZO6)
Im guessing the new ZR1 is low perfomance to??? Dam i thought that would be high performance...oh well!
Old 05-08-2008, 01:09 AM
-Arsenic-

Have you driven one? No, you haven't so you can STFU. Your hp/per liter crap is a typical honda guy argument. It doesn't matter, b/c that SS would still own your TL at a track. Didn't Google tell you that too? You have no idea what you are talking about. It takes a lot for a diehard honda/acura guy (myself) to admit he can be outhandled and outperformed by an SUV, but in this case its true, and the SS prolly is close to the handling capabilities as the SRT. Face the facts. Go spread your worthless crap somewhere else and stop shitting on this guys thread.

Beautiful SS and TL guys, keep it up.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Cruisin'

thanks alot type-s, and i didnt want to come on here bragging about it i just wanted to post some pics up and since jt22 is on the site and everyone loves his car we thought we would have a little photoshoot
Old 05-08-2008, 12:55 PM
3.2 VTEC

Originally Posted by Skwatoe
So if his TBSS had a Ferrari engine you'd be happy and call it a day?

I'm going back to the pretty pictures; the whole point of this thread!
no..lol, you got me all wrong again. If the TBSS did indeed have a ferarri engine, then there would actually be something good about it
Old 05-08-2008, 01:00 PM
3.2 VTEC

Have you driven one? No, you haven't so you can STFU. Your hp/per liter crap is a typical honda guy argument. It doesn't matter, b/c that SS would still own your TL at a track. Didn't Google tell you that too? You have no idea what you are talking about. It takes a lot for a diehard honda/acura guy (myself) to admit he can be outhandled and outperformed by an SUV, but in this case its true, and the SS prolly is close to the handling capabilities as the SRT. Face the facts. Go spread your worthless crap somewhere else and stop shitting on this guys thread.

Beautiful SS and TL guys, keep it up.
You have shown me how mature and knowledgeable you are....i am speechless and have no further comment
Old 05-08-2008, 01:07 PM
3.2 VTEC

btw...i'm not trying to offend any1...just the suv...because i dislike it, and that's my opinion, other ppl have theirs and they can like w/e they want...i have stated reasons why i don't like it and apperantly they are not important to anyone....so my opinion remains mine and yours still remanis yours...

if you're not mature enough to understand something that simple then too bad...suck it up.

no offence to anyone...peace
Old 05-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Drive FAst and Swirve

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
seriously JT everytime I see ur ride and those RJs I really start to think.....love ur car....good ole shops of legacy garage eh
Old 05-08-2008, 01:33 PM
-Arsenic-

btw...i'm not trying to offend any1...just the suv...because i dislike it, and that's my opinion, other ppl have theirs and they can like w/e they want...i have stated reasons why i don't like it and apperantly they are not important to anyone....so my opinion remains mine and yours still remanis yours...

if you're not mature enough to understand something that simple then too bad...suck it up.

no offence to anyone...peace
Its one thing to have an opinion, everyone is entitled to that. Even you. But posting useless crap as an argument, is another. hp/per liter doesn't matter if he is still faster, its just a riceboy excuse. Nobody said you had to like it. But if you aren't mature enough to admit that SUV would own your TL, then too bad...suck it up.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:49 PM
-Arsenic-

thanks alot type-s, and i didnt want to come on here bragging about it i just wanted to post some pics up and since jt22 is on the site and everyone loves his car we thought we would have a little photoshoot
np, and you should be able to do that. People should be mature enough to keep their mouths shut to prevent themselves from looking like an idiot. And a true enthusiast can appreciate a nice car, even if it is American. lol
Old 05-08-2008, 01:53 PM
iScrape going into

People should be mature enough to keep their mouths shut to prevent themselves from looking like an idiot. And a true enthusiast can appreciate a nice car, even if it is American. lol
+2
Old 05-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Cruisin'

ya i know and im not even hating on the tl or tl-s because i know what kind of car they are and i do think they are great looking cars and if i had to get an acura id go with a TL.

Im not here to post i just wanted to get my point across, but now that ive looked around a bit i hope you guys dont mind if i stick around
Old 05-08-2008, 06:34 PM
549-26

in that case chad.. welcome to acurazine!
Old 05-08-2008, 09:02 PM
3.2 VTEC

Its one thing to have an opinion, everyone is entitled to that. Even you. But posting useless crap as an argument, is another. hp/per liter doesn't matter if he is still faster, its just a riceboy excuse. Nobody said you had to like it. But if you aren't mature enough to admit that SUV would own your TL, then too bad...suck it up.
i'm not gonna argue with you anymore about this...i am not talking about that silver SS in the photoshoot because that's modded....but i will have no problem taking up a stock 390hp one...that would be a good race.

knowledge is what you need to have before ou post these things...saying it would OWN mt TL just because you think so and want so doesn't mean it will happen.

if you havn't checked...a stock TBSS does 0-60 in 6.3 seconds and a 1/4 mile of 14.4@96.4mph....what does the 2004 6MT TL do? 5.7 and 14.4@99mph on the 1/4 mile....

what does the stock TL-S 6MT do? 5.5 and 14.1...simple enough?

another thing...i don't know where you come from buddy but in our universe something with a mass 1000lbs grater than something else is not gonna be as easy to chuck around....and also the high center of gravity of the suv is not going to help it eather....

so now that i'm done posting useless crap as an argument...i will grow more mature and admit i will be owned by a TBSS (even if it might not be so) so that you kids will shut up
Old 05-08-2008, 09:10 PM
3.2 VTEC

oh, and btw...sorry if i "look like an idiot" to you again...but you're right, i havn't driven an SRT8 Cherokee...what i have driven though is an SRT8 Charger. Wasn't nearly as nimble as my TL and didn't feel fast for what it was at all...(425hp i expected it to atleast get to 100 reasonably fast).
Old 05-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Racer

I hate to be the devils advocate here, but your over photoshopping your pictures.

And why are you shooting in ISO400 in broad daylight??
Old 05-08-2008, 09:20 PM
3.2 VTEC

no hard feelings SilverSS, welcome to the forum
Old 05-08-2008, 09:28 PM
549-26

Originally Posted by Jorge68
I hate to be the devils advocate here, but your over photoshopping your pictures.

And why are you shooting in ISO400 in broad daylight??
I am pretty new to photography
Dont really know what ISO is or how to use it?
And on over photoshopping, hey they look good to me and buddy..
But if you got any tips i am all ears
Old 05-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Cruisin'

i'm not gonna argue with you anymore about this...i am not talking about that silver SS in the photoshoot because that's modded....but i will have no problem taking up a stock 390hp one...that would be a good race.

knowledge is what you need to have before ou post these things...saying it would OWN mt TL just because you think so and want so doesn't mean it will happen.

if you havn't checked...a stock TBSS does 0-60 in 6.3 seconds and a 1/4 mile of 14.4@96.4mph....what does the 2004 6MT TL do? 5.7 and 14.4@99mph on the 1/4 mile....

what does the stock TL-S 6MT do? 5.5 and 14.1...simple enough?

another thing...i don't know where you come from buddy but in our universe something with a mass 1000lbs grater than something else is not gonna be as easy to chuck around....and also the high center of gravity of the suv is not going to help it eather....

so now that i'm done posting useless crap as an argument...i will grow more mature and admit i will be owned by a TBSS (even if it might not be so) so that you kids will shut up

Your bringing in all these other aspects to the cage and you go on here telling us that a true high perforance motor can only be found in 600+ ferraris and lambos of that such. No need for the age comments here either, were all here because we love cars (you not so much suvs). Thanks for the warm invite, hope to see you around.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:53 PM
549-26

exactly... age comments at this point are just excuses for you
Old 05-08-2008, 10:04 PM
3.2 VTEC

Your bringing in all these other aspects to the cage and you go on here telling us that a true high perforance motor can only be found in 600+ ferraris and lambos of that such. No need for the age comments here either, were all here because we love cars (you not so much suvs). Thanks for the warm invite, hope to see you around.
it's amazing how ppl can misunderstand everything i say on purpose to turn it into their benefit

a 1L engine making 100hp is a high performance engine...a .5L engine making 50hp is a high performance and finely tuned engine....the 160hp 1.6L civic si has a high performance engiene...the 2.0L 197hp 2006 civic si has a high perf engine...the honda s2000 with a 2.0L 240hp engine is currently holding a world record for the most performance for it's size of any production car, the bmw m3, the bmw m5, the suzuki hayabusa, the honda cbr, the acura rsx-s....are some examples of really high performance engines because for their size they are very poweful....if the TBSS had that kind of performance for it's size it would be making 600hp...because these engines all hover around 100hp/liter with naturally aspirated, finely tuned engines...and that is real high performance...out of all you car "enthusiasts" here...i hope someone could understand what i am saying...otherwise that would be scary.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Cruisin'

it's amazing how ppl can misunderstand everything i say on purpose to turn it into their benefit

a 1L engine making 100hp is a high performance engine...a .5L engine making 50hp is a high performance and finely tuned engine....the 160hp 1.6L civic si has a high performance engiene...the 2.0L 197hp 2006 civic si has a high perf engine...the honda s2000 with a 2.0L 240hp engine is currently holding a world record for the most performance for it's size of any production car, the bmw m3, the bmw m5, the suzuki hayabusa, the honda cbr, the acura rsx-s....are some examples of really high performance engines because for their size they are very poweful....if the TBSS had that kind of performance for it's size it would be making 600hp...because these engines all hover around 100hp/liter with naturally aspirated, finely tuned engines...and that is real high performance...out of all you car "enthusiasts" here...i hope someone could understand what i am saying...otherwise that would be scary.

I understand exactly what your saying but i dont see how if its not 100 hp per liter then u automatically assume its a shitty motor and not high perfrmance???
Old 05-08-2008, 10:28 PM
3.2 VTEC

I understand exactly what your saying but i dont see how if its not 100 hp per liter then u automatically assume its a shitty motor and not high perfrmance???
because it is easy to make power by just adding displacement....it is not easy to engeneer an engine that is powerful, efficient, low emission, quiet, refined, and reliable.

your engine out of all those things is only powerful (thanx to it's size)...the rest it's not that great in.

i appreciate percision performance and engeneering...you appreciate simple raw power and don't care about the rest of it....we are simply 2 different animals, so i'll let u like what you like for your own reasons...and i'll just have my own opinion and like what i like

that's just the difference between american petrol heads and others from around the world...
Old 05-09-2008, 12:14 AM
'02 NBP TL-S

I will reiterate what my pops always says.....

"There is no replacement for displacement."

haha.

anyways, this thread has me torn. I love my TL, but I am still a firm believer in the good old american V8. I'm a big fan of the TBSS, my buddy has one and they're pretty fun to drive. I would def consider that SUV a performance vehicle, hell, it's a SUV that's as fast as some of our cars, i consider that pretty good for a car that can haul a bunch of people, their stuff, and a boat around.

Plus, there is NO replacement for the deep rumble of that V8...........
Old 05-09-2008, 12:32 AM
3.2 VTEC

^^your opinion man....i personally think that sound cannot come close to a high revving finely tuned motor.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:39 AM
3.2 VTEC

Which is something that really makes me wonder, why do so many ppl have hondas here...you could buy a hemi charger or dodge ram or so many other cars...if you really prefer them over the imports...then why buy a TL?
Old 05-09-2008, 12:48 AM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Which is something that really makes me wonder, why do so many ppl have hondas here...you could buy a hemi charger or dodge ram or so many other cars...if you really prefer them over the imports...then why buy a TL?
1) Those gas guzzling machines in my eyes are ugly.

Yeah they have alot of power behind them, because I myself work for a Chrysler Dealer and them shit moves.

It is all about taste. Im into Luxury and the TL is affordable SeXy Luxury

Quick Reply: Acura TL vs Chevrolet SS (56K honestly....?)